Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation scores on profile and bringing back operations

Lazarow

u3BXH9C.jpg

This is just a suggestion thread for allowing new players to earn old stuff mostly clan trophies, sigils and emblems. I do understand that operation that require doing a specific gamemode at that time that was new can be a bit of underwhelming now as players most likely have done it before many times(Rescue, Defection, Sabotage(Fomorian,Portal/Void/Grineer Chemical Mixer. Hive), Disruption, Excavation) and find it strange when an operation for said gamemode gets revisited with the same unchanged gameplay, due to the evolution of warframe from the operations I also suggest changed be made for the event by adding more steps to the mission example: Capture for Specters of Liberty have steps where we need to gather info where the prison is in the mission, then get key cards to bypass the doors to the prison, kill wardens to drop key to cells and open the cell. with additional steps its not the old same mission which is speed run but adds a unique feel to all players while making the game more interactive at the same time. once more Ill mention this is mostly for emblems, sigils and clan trophies for newer players so feel free to suggest if you think something is wrong or should be changed but please keep it constructive. i would like to say that my suggestion will be brief as I have not been part of most operations(as seen form my score in the image above) and may include inaccurate data of what the operation was about so feel free to correct me. Another thing is that I am excluding rewards that contribute towards mastery as they have been made obtainable by other means(Baro)

Looking at my profile and seeing that I and a lot of others have missed out on operations I was thinking how to re-add them for newer players so they can get some exclusive reward for them,

Grineer Informant and Fusion MOA: Im not sure what those are or how I got score.

Fomorian Sabotage: So this can be an event and its done like in one of the trials(Dont remember the name) where you stand on preasure plates and someone is at the core to power it with shields, i think thats how it worked

Arid Fear: Not sure, open for ideas

Survival: This one is not so big but maybe the most time a player has spent in any survival mission should display there, but i find it rather unimportant as it was an event rather than operation

Gradivus: This is invasion which happen regularly and I dont see how to implement this without having chaos to the planets and if one faction does indeed take over a whole planet some players may be upset(example: corpus on Hydron)

Cicero crisis: Can be implemented to work in a way where a few nodes/ mission tiers are present with different levels and the higher the level the higher the chance for rare rewards and can be increased further using anti toxins. maybe add new rewards to the table from later releases.(Dont know a better way to implement this)

Tethra's Doom: Im not sure how the score works on this but seems doable.

Specters of Liberty: This can be reintroduced as a way to make players do more rescue missions kind of like nightwave does but with better rewards and easier way to get, looks doable and its the only way to get the Rakta Syandana.

Breeding Grounds: Its like the previous one except this one is Hive Sabotage

Cryotic front: Its like previous one except this is Excavation

Gate Crash: Like previous one except its void portal sabotage that starts on earth and somehow ends in Derilects/void, it sounds different than void portal sabotage in void so its kind of a change.

Mutalist Incurion: This one seems easily doable as the mission itself is special form what I am seeing and unique.

Eyes of blight: We already have this when Fomorian hits full on invasions but there should be a way to get trophies

False Profit: This one seem fun to do and feel like can be introduced again with possible advanced bursa models for higher difficulty(and fun).

Shadow Debt: Since acolytes come in like 6-8 months I feel like this can be as the operation instead of just an event, having it an operation allows player to get the sigils and the skin, vulkar wraith can remain baro only. And if Im correct the operation is only way to scan and fight Misery as I havent seen him when acolytes come. Also stalker noggle can be a reward here

Rathuum: its like regular Khela assassination I imagine but with operation we can get the sigils, which are not that great anyways but the clan trophy is a good thing.

The Pacifism Defect: This is just Defection with leader board awards, here the rewards are an emblem and clan trophy, as for the ignis wraith research it can remain as it is now.

Ambulas reborn: This one is interesting but you have to hope an ambulas spawns in a random mission to get beacons to get to the assassination which is how it is right now, this one has a noggle as a reward, sigil and emblem also a clan trophy like most operations.

Hostile Mergers: This is like doing regular Disruption but with leader board score for rewards which include emblem, sigil and clan trophy.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Looking at my profile and seeing that I and a lot of others have missed out on operations I was thinking how to re-add them for newer players so they can get some exclusive reward for them,

This would trigger a lot of veterans, as it is a sign of how long ago you played the game. I personally believe the leader board records and all should be on a separate page, showing info like your longest survival, fastest tridolon, etc.

For a lot of players, trophies and emblems are the only real way to easily show veteran status, so they aren't going to give those up without a reasonable compromise. 

I'd suggest giving holographic versions of the trophies and emblems for clans who participate in returning events. They'd be identical to the original, but either be transparent or blue tinted versions. 

Would love to run the old events, personally, I joined in the middle of Tethras Doom.