Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Try An Experiment, De, Listen To The Players And Just Work On Fixes For 1 Month And Nothing Else.

Mak_Gohae

It appears that a large number of the populations is under the impression that you folks just leave stuff on the side because a couple weapons were popped out during some Friday reinforcement update.

So how about for one whole month lets not have ONE SINGLE new thing added to the game and only have updates that fix certain things that the community is asking for.  You can still work on stuff, of course, but just wait to dump it all out in Update 11 with the new General Ruk Bison.

For the first thing to fix i suggest the scarf flow mechanic, the Uru one goes nutty some times.

Oh and how about finishing that Loadout menu? Wait... is that considered something new?

Meh, start suggesting stuff.

By the way........ no one can complain about there not being any new stuff to do.

Sure sounds good, but I feel scarves... shouldn't be the issue here. It should be things like drop tables getting balanced out a bit maybe, or frame reworks, stuff like that.

However, art guys could work on art stuff, but really all coders would be needed to fix bugs, hell they could get the art guys to temporarily change to a QA team for this month.

Except everyone else in the free to play market pretty much says, keep content rolling. If you stop, you die... like some sharks.

Basically have to suffer though it for awhile. if its just as much of a success on ps4, I imagine they could possible expand on the team a little. Or move interests around. Yet the life blood for free to play is adding content when its done. And those content creators are not the programmers fixing bugs.

you do realize 90-100 employees have different jobs right. People who pump out new weapons are the not same people who make levels who are the same people who fix bugs. And lastly non of these people make game balance changes either. Only De_Scott makes game balance decisions.

Except everyone else in the free to play market pretty much says, keep content rolling. If you stop, you die... like some sharks.

Basically have to suffer though it for awhile. if its just as much of a success on ps4, I imagine they could possible expand on the team a little. Or move interests around. Yet the life blood for free to play is adding content when its done. And those content creators are not the programmers fixing bugs.

I agree with this.

Plus DE should listen to their players absolutely, but the power to determine the schedule of events and who is going to be doing what on the floor should be left in DE's hands. After all they are the ones dragging their asses out to the office almost every single day.

|the games broken, if your willing to stay then do so.

if your unwilling to sit through all this, then leave

"Uh sir ill choose to leave"|

I feel their problem is working on to many things at one time, as appose to working on bugs/glitches and then having the new

stuff be released on U11. Now i agree to the fact that "keep content rolling. If you stop, you die... like some sharks." 

and its a valid point. However you should always try new things before you go out of Open Beta. This is the time to say "Hey LETS EXPERIMENT!!"

I love this idea, but the fact is, can they do it? i highly doubt this will ever happen but if it did as the "Weather Girls" would say 

"ITS RAINING MEN". (had to, sorry)

plus people

Edited by AlienTetris

Well, im surprised by the reaction here. I thought i was going to get a list of things people wanted fixes for and instead we mostly have people calmly stating how DE should just do their thing. Where you folks during this last flip out? This side is almost never seen here.

I completely disagree with this. Bug fixes are a must, sure. But even if DE fixed every imperfection with the game I'm still not going to play it often. Why? Because the entire game is just killing things to get better things to kill more things with. There's absolutely nothing to work for other than that, and that isn't a good thing for a game to be like. 

I rather have DE come up with something that's worth the hours aside from just killing things and building things to kill more things than to take an entire month to fix imperfections. 

I completely disagree with this. Bug fixes are a must, sure. But even if DE fixed every imperfection with the game I'm still not going to play it often. Why? Because the entire game is just killing things to get better things to kill more things with. There's absolutely nothing to work for other than that, and that isn't a good thing for a game to be like. 

I rather have DE come up with something that's worth the hours aside from just killing things and building things to kill more things than to take an entire month to fix imperfections. 

would 8vs8 defuse bomb cs:go style conclave entice you? :D

I think DE should listen to the community LESS! Most ideas posted on the forums are pretty bad and would kinda ruin the game. They are Game Designers, the community is mostly not

No, DE just needs to filter out the good ideas from the bad ideas, not listen less. Keep in mind, DE is new to the F2P genre, they've never done anything like this before.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Instead of releasing new weapons, what they should be doing is re-working some of the old weapons to make them relevant again. For example, right now we have a surplus of melee weapons, many of which barely differ from each other other than some numerical stats. What they need to introduce are differences in kind, not differences in scale. No one would ever use the Machete, because it does nothing special and stats-wise is far inferior to weapons such as Orthos. If DE gave the Machete a "bleed" effect, for example inflicting Bleed when critting an unshielded target and doing DoT based on target health percentage, then Machete would become relevant again as it does something unique.

When we say "stop pumping out new content" we don't mean just applying fixes, what we mean is that we want them to bring old content back up to date, to RENEW existing content and make them more enjoyable, such as re-working a boss fight or even the fundamentals of the game, such as making movement more fluid and increasing loadout variety. THAT is how you increase game longetivity in the long run, not pumping out a dozen weapons every month that does exactly the same thing as the existing weapons but have better numerical values.

Instead of releasing new weapons, what they should be doing is re-working some of the old weapons to make them relevant again. For example, right now we have a surplus of melee weapons, many of which barely differ from each other other than some numerical stats. What they need to introduce are differences in kind, not differences in scale. No one would ever use the Machete, because it does nothing special and stats-wise is far inferior to weapons such as Orthos. If DE gave the Machete a "bleed" effect, for example inflicting Bleed when critting an unshielded target and doing DoT based on target health percentage, then Machete would become relevant again as it does something unique.

That's actually a good idea but how about a bleed effect on crits instead of just any attack? Because constant bleeding will then be added to it's overall damage and means it's normal melee damage would be lowered. 

When we say "stop pumping out new content" we don't mean just applying fixes, what we mean is that we want them to bring old content back up to date, to RENEW existing content and make them more enjoyable, such as re-working a boss fight or even the fundamentals of the game, such as making movement more fluid and increasing loadout variety. THAT is how you increase game longetivity in the long run, not pumping out a dozen weapons every month that does exactly the same thing as the existing weapons but have better numerical values.

Well, they do change bosses and they have been adding more mods.

So how about for one whole month lets not have ONE SINGLE new thing added to the game and only have updates that fix certain things that the community is asking for.  You can still work on stuff, of course, but just wait to dump it all out in Update 11 with the new General Ruk Bison.

And then they would be ignoring the players who want new content.

i feel like i read this topic before..... 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110581-update-11-rebuilding-the-bridge/

iam on board with the idea.....

Your thread calls for the update to be just fixes which is a tremendously longer time than my idea to just do fixes for a month and dump all the content during the next update.