Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was The Credit Nerf Too Extreme?

RedDirtTrooper

congratz? u must be one of those many players whom have ran thousands of Void t1/2/3 before the huge credit nerf. 

I was talking about getting credits after u10, I never had any problems despite the new clan weapon and senti or transmutation.

If u can't get enough credits, well then you are doing something wrong or you want to buy too many things at once.

Besides, I don't know what could consume more money than clan dojo blueprints + building, transmutating + fusion. Because I am doing everything from that little list atm and still don't have trouble with money.

It might take more than one t3 ext run for your 120k credits now but that's fine by me. Now you would have to go there 2-3 times to get the money OH NOES we can't have that can we?

Honestly, I don't know what any of you are doing to get broke. I had 500k~ around the time of u10 dropping, I've been playing near constant since i've been out sick from school and making as many new things as I can, which is basically everything in the market that I haven't used yet, and a few new frames here and there ontop of clantech which since I'm the leader of a ghost clan, I practically fund the thing myself while also maintaining a steady food supply (potatos) and building forma, plus repeated key builds for the new OD missions to farm mutagen and scrap those masses together. Granted costs are lower for my clantech, but still, I'm currently sitting on 411K So, I'm assuming you guys just used void missions for your credit needs before and play very few actual normal missions to do things aside from farming materials/experience (kappakappakappakappa) and even then, I'm getting 15-20k from void missions still, so five keys, five xini runs, maybe an hour of play with a solid team. 100k on the table. You ain't got enough money step your game up.

To add to what Temporary has said. I don't have credit issues, but I also do not have a huge stockpile and I love that. It makes Credits feel worthwhile and that grabbing a locker of 500 credits to 1500 credits is helping my team get more for their missions.

DO NOT REVERT THIS CREDIT CHANGE.

They wanted Credits to mean something and now they do. Suddenly it's not worthless to stop, kill some enemies and maybe open a box or two.

A Locker gives like 100 credits. I have NEVER seen a locker give you 1500 credits. Monster drops like 90 credit or so and this even on high level maps.

Credit reward on the actual map are pathetic .

It might take more than one t3 ext run for your 120k credits now but that's fine by me. Now you would have to go there 2-3 times to get the money OH NOES we can't have that can we?

A T3 void mission gets you 25k Credits. You need to run the mission 5 TIMES to get up to 120k. You'll get more if you have double money booster on but the nerf was too big.

I have spent so far about 8 millions and I have around 500k extra now but I still got a lot of stuff left to build. Stuff that needs a lot of money and resources.

Before the nerf I had about 3million credits and now I have.... 3million credits, this is even after constantly fusing mods, building the new weps/frames, contributing to and buying clan tech.

I play for less than an hour or 2 a day average over the course of a week so that equates to maybe 3-5 missions a day, I only use plat for rushing builds or if I'm feeling lazy getting a forma/potato and I don't use credit boosters so I honestly don't think it has made all that much of a difference. Sure people that are just starting out will have a tough time but they will have to farm their asses off to get the mats for building blueprints and will get credits at the same time so its basically a moot point.

before the nerf I had 5million now I have 3 million :3

To add to what Temporary has said. I don't have credit issues, but I also do not have a huge stockpile and I love that. It makes Credits feel worthwhile and that grabbing a locker of 500 credits to 1500 credits is helping my team get more for their missions.

DO NOT REVERT THIS CREDIT CHANGE.

They wanted Credits to mean something and now they do. Suddenly it's not worthless to stop, kill some enemies and maybe open a box or two.

mobs don't give enough credits to be ever worth it
Edited by Seira-EGT-

They need to buff credits from newbie worlds (Mercury/Venus/Earth).

A well-geared player can speed-run Mars/Jupiter/Saturn just as easily as they can speed-run Mercury/Venus/Earth (everything on all 6 of the aforementioned planets dies in 1 shot from their weapons usually).

A newbie, however, gets 1,500 credits or thereabouts from a mission on Mercury. On Venus, he might be lucky to see 3k out of one mission. This is assuming he looks for lockers and containers and kills as much crap as his weak low-modded weapons can handle.

That won't even support one Rare Fusion Core fusing. Weapon Blueprints + Crafting costs are nearing the 50k mark (or are above 50k for the Soma). Sentinels cost 120,000.

Where is a newbie supposed to come up with that kind of money after the Void nerf? He can do T1, ooo he gets 10k credits for a consumable key. Derelicts won't work; you don't make enough money to cover the key cost.

Edited by Xylia

A Locker gives like 100 credits. I have NEVER seen a locker give you 1500 credits. Monster drops like 90 credit or so and this even on high level maps.

Credit reward on the actual map are pathetic .

Well, I'm pretty sure lockers in the upper level planets tend to drop about at least 800 credits or so, I've gotten 1,500+ credit lockers before, but they're not that common. Of course, equipping Master Thief helps though.

I'm getting 15-20k from void missions still, so five keys, five xini runs, maybe an hour of play with a solid team. 100k on the table. You ain't got enough money step your game up.

Yeah, no. I won't be in warframe farming for hours straight just to make ends meet. I already have a job and a life.

Point is, now with roughly two hours of farming (farming keys included) we total out at around 100k-150k per day. And then you still dont have only a small niche of recources.

In vacuum the credit nerf was fine. But since you still need to get those T3 keys, burn them, and then still go farm recources for those hefty clan-tech weapons? Yep, more grind it is. And i haven't even mentioned our cruel goddess RNG in all her glory.

EDIT: just to be clear, I don't want the old numbers back, more like a compromise between the two in net gain.

Edited by Lers

I think the 'nerf' is fantastic to be honest.  for the first time in months after a week of play I have less credits than i started with.  I build stuff at a rapid rate I transmute and fuse just to spend the credits i have and now the economy is starting actually make me make choices.  Credits have become a resource like most of the materials we have to find and it's about time.  You can get Credits from everything and now they have become something to actually follow and pay attention to rather than just a check box to skip through when you build or fuse something.

I feel like the credit nerf along with the sinks was a way of telling the community that had too much credits to stop complaining about having too much credits while they were still working on content. And this is what they deserved.

More players now find that credits is a valuable resource again.

Back when the voids used to give 60-100k, it was way too easy to get credits. If you have a new buddy hop in on warframe, take them on a couple void runs, they'll be in 1 mil + in no time.

I understand it's kind of frustrating that the new clan tech and ammo boxes require some hefty credits, and right when they were released the voids gave less credits, but the fact is that credits should be a valuable resource that players should recognize, and now it is.

2cents

Neither have I, it was a slight exaggeration. I have seen 347-574 from a Locker before though, although very rarely. What I was getting at is that by having up to even 1500 in a locker, rare of course. There is even more reason to open them, thus if you want more credits to deal with higher costs, you get them by NOT rushing. Hey, an incentive to not rush a level, something we have been asking for.

Neither have I, it was a slight exaggeration. I have seen 347-574 from a Locker before though, although very rarely. What I was getting at is that by having up to even 1500 in a locker, rare of course. There is even more reason to open them, thus if you want more credits to deal with higher costs, you get them by NOT rushing. Hey, an incentive to not rush a level, something we have been asking for.

I think the end of mission rewards being significantly larger than what you can get from lockers means people who want credits will find it more effective to rush a lot more. They'll just play the mission in a fraction of the time it would take them to explore the whole level and they'll get more credits.

Edited by The_Doc

If crafting a medium ammo restore that gives me just 320 rifle rounds costs 10000 credits, then I'd expect each mission (in which I may need one) to give me several times more money than that.

Prices and rewards are not balanced right now.

I would expect the Ammo Packs to work like this (if there were more than 1 variety).

Small Ammo Restore: 40 bullets

Medium Ammo Restore: 100 bullets

Large Ammo Restore: 250 bullets

Each pack is 250% the original value of the previous one. The Large Pack would be quite costly though I would assume something along the lines of 15-20,000 credits and maybe 1,000 Salvage to craft them.

I think the end of mission rewards being significantly larger than what you can get from lockers means people who want credits will find it more effective to rush a lot more. They'll just play the mission in a fraction of the time it would take them to explore the whole level and they'll get more credits.

Then perhaps with the exception of Alerts the location of Credits should be shifted more towards Lockers/Boxes/Enemy drops. We have a chance to make rushing only good for quick BP's from bosses but lackluster for other things which means DE could spend more on making map tiles more interesting to navigate.

I would expect the Ammo Packs to work like this (if there were more than 1 variety).

Small Ammo Restore: 40 bullets

Medium Ammo Restore: 100 bullets

Large Ammo Restore: 250 bullets

Each pack is 250% the original value of the previous one. The Large Pack would be quite costly though I would assume something along the lines of 15-20,000 credits and maybe 1,000 Salvage to craft them.

That's insane! I'd rather fail a mission than spend 20k credits (+resources) to get less than half my maximum ammo. Consumables should never cost as much as a weapon blueprint.

Then perhaps with the exception of Alerts the location of Credits should be shifted more towards Lockers/Boxes/Enemy drops. We have a chance to make rushing only good for quick BP's from bosses but lackluster for other things which means DE could spend more on making map tiles more interesting to navigate.

I'm all for that. Lockers, boxes and credits dropped from enemies should matter.

I was talking about getting credits after u10, I never had any problems despite the new clan weapon and senti or transmutation.

If u can't get enough credits, well then you are doing something wrong or you want to buy too many things at once.

Besides, I don't know what could consume more money than clan dojo blueprints + building, transmutating + fusion. Because I am doing everything from that little list atm and still don't have trouble with money.

Not everyone has tons of t3 keys to burn, and I have no desire to farm a mission so that I can then farm the void so I can get the credits necessary to simply purchase a bp that I then have to farm more creds to build (along with the mat farming). People need to stop thinking from the perspective of a credit millionaire. Some of us don't have the time, nor the desire, to spend or 1-2 hours a day farming rather than playing the game the way we'd like to. I.E- Enjoying the damn thing.

Why should DE nerf rushing? Why can't people play the way they'd like?

That's insane! I'd rather fail a mission than spend 20k credits (+resources) to get less than half my maximum ammo. Consumables should never cost as much as a weapon blueprint.

I'm all for that. Lockers, boxes and credits dropped from enemies should matter.

Numbers are always variable. If my suggestion is too high, please provide me what you feel would be a balanced and affordable means to get a large portion of ammo back. Also that is 250 rounds for everyone on your team so it's actually 1000 bullets total across the whole team.

Why should DE nerf rushing? Why can't people play the way they'd like?

That's not nerfing rushing. You can still get credits by completing a mission. You can get a fairly larger portion of credits by slowing down a bit. Take your pick rush if you like or don't rush nobody is forcing or nerfing rushing. Many have said (rushers included) that they feel no need to slow down because there is no reward for doing so. I was introducing a suggestion of a reason to slow down, more credit gain by a meaning full amount.

I've dropped from about 8 million credits down to less than 3 over the past few months. It used to be nearly impossible for me to drop below 6.5 for any amount of time before I ran void with my clan mates or something and got back up.

I agree with most of what was said, increasing costs so drastically and then nerfing the credit drops simultaneously is a little rough. It already costs nearly a million credits to max a copy of Hornet Strike or Serration, and several hundred fusion cores, even more than that if you add in normal mods as well. 

And what does this do for new players who are still trying to do all of the things those of us who have been playing longer have already done? My serration is at level 9 at the moment, and it's still going to take 200 more cores and another 300-400k credits to fuse them to get to 10. And i still consider myself rather casual. I remember buying my first sentinel blueprint several months ago when I was brand new, it took me ages to get 100k credits. And that was before I had a full comprehension on what good mod layouts looked like, and how expensive fusing could be.

In reality, the game doesn't need a credit sink at all. Players don't gain or lose anything by having credits in their pockets. But, I understand the desire for players to have fun things to do with them. But spiking costs in the dojo weapons from 15k to 50k is harming the newer players more than it's depleting credits. Charging that much for the Nekros blueprint is harming new players from buying it, not the veterans with all of the money. The kind of sink we want is something that's like, a vanity item for several hundred thousand credits at a time or something. Not just natural in-game prices rising, harming the people that don't need to sink credits into something. There is no in-game economy right now, and when there is, it won't involve credits - at least from what we've been told. So there's literally no downside.

Now i realy need Money & have to do alot of ridiculous alerts to have enought credits to modding S#&$ awn -.- i miss my mils.

U10 is just a grind disaster its to much grinding S#&$, grinding for Mods, grinding for Mutagens, grinding for keys, grinding for Mag Prime, and grinding for Credis dear DE is this your idea to keep the game alive?