Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No reward from relic mission

(XBOX)Thang Hung

Axi defense on Pluto. 10 of 10 reactant. Radiant T2 relic played. It didn’t use my relic but I didn’t get to grab the Ninkondi Prime Chain that was on offer. Acted as is if didn’t get all my reactant. Feels bad. Needed that chain still. 

Edited by (XB1)Thang Hung
Misspelling

On 2019-07-09 at 10:37 AM, (XB1)DB ASSAILANT said:

You cant pick a reward if you dont choose a relic to open.

If you re-read the original post you will see that I played a Radiant T2 relic and am 100% certain that I collected all 10 reactants before the end of the 5th wave. 

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

If you re-read the original post

On 2019-07-09 at 3:20 AM, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

It didn’t use my relic but I didn’t get to grab the Ninkondi Prime

You said you haven't used a Relic. No Relic = No Loot. You just get the Traces.

If did use a Relic (which isn't really stated) maybe you just stood around the last minute? --> Game says your are afk = not eligible for Loot (and Affinity)

20 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You said you haven't used a Relic. No Relic = No Loot. You just get the Traces.

If did use a Relic (which isn't really stated) maybe you just stood around the last minute? --> Game says your are afk = not eligible for Loot (and Affinity)

On 2019-07-08 at 9:20 PM, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

Radiant T2 relic played.

I don't know what more I can say. As the original post stated I played a Radiant Axi T2 relic and am also 100% certain that I collected 10 out of 10 reactant. I am currently at login day 560 and am MR27. I understand how the relic system works in the game. All requirements to have received a reward were met, yet no reward was offered. So I reported it as a bug. 

It did not take away my relic. Acted as if I didn't play a relic, which I did in fact or that I did not collect all 10 reactants, which I also did in fact. To be honest this is not the first time this has happened to me or someone in my group. It's just the first time I got butt hurt about it because I really wanted that chain. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

As the original post stated I played a Radiant Axi T2 relic

No you just said you played a Radiant Party and that you didn't use any Relic

On 2019-07-09 at 3:20 AM, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

Radiant T2 relic played. It didn’t use my relic

Don't change your point of view (OP is still saying you didn't a relic)

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

I am currently at login day 560 and am MR27. I understand how the relic system works in the game.

There are enough people MR27 with over 3000 hrs clocked who cannot make a build of their own and have to look up the modes (Disruption). It was also never stated that you are a bit experienced. I cannot look it up as well since PC and XB1.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

It did not take away my relic. Acted as if I didn't play a relic

Then there are 3 possible conclussions

1. The game tagged you afk because you didn't move in the last minute (using abilties still flags you afk)
  2. You didn't collect all 10 Reactants (which is most likely due to Defenses sometimes not dropping enough and/or the map didn't show you the last one)
  3. It really is a bug. Did you make a Screenshot? If not, support most likely refuses to help you. (I always take a Shot if something weird happens so I can proof that sth is amiss). One time support gave me my item because it really was a bug (one could see 10/10 Reactants, me standing in the Extraction Zone and not eligible to choose)

1 hour ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

It did not take away my relic. Acted as if I didn't play a relic, which I did in fact or that I did not collect all 10 reactants, which I also did in fact.

I have had this happen a couple of times last few weeks. I picked a relic, and it said I had a relic before the mission started. Once in the mission my relic was no longer equipped. I still collected 10 reactant each time but did not get to open the relic. I was also not charged a relic when this happened.

• I have noticed that this seems to happen when something weird happens before the mission starts. For example, the mission approval thing vanishing. Note: the ESC/Start menu stated I had a relic and didn’t let me pick another when the approval screen reappeared.

Did you notice anything strange prior to the mission starting?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, krc473 said:

Did you notice anything strange prior to the mission starting?

To be honest with you the Relic picking/mission start is a mess right now on consoles. If you are the first player to pick a mission type and relic everything is fine. For the subsequent players, when they accept the mission, a box opens that warns you that if you do not pick a relic to play you will not receive a reward, your have 2 options to pick from at this point. 1. Which is selected by pressing the "A" button (you know the button that you use to advance thru menus in every console game ever) is "OK". 2. Which is selected by pressing the "B" button (you know the button that you use to back out of a menu in every console game ever) is "Cancel". "Cancel" is the correct choice here if you want to actually play a relic. "OK" readies you for the mission with no relic equipped. Back assward yes I know.

At this point I'm going to say 75% of the time the mission count down timer will start while the 3rd and 4th player has yet to get their relic selected. Rushing those players into picking a relic or as most seem to do panic and back completely out of the group. Now you have to get everyone re-invited only for the same thing to happen again.

Speaking of the mission start count down timer. I seen it start to count down from 10 get to 3, jump back up as high as 15 and then count down from there. This stuff has been happening ever since they changed the relic UI.

TL;DR: Yes, strange things have happened ever since the relic UI changes.  

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

Which is selected by pressing the "A" button (you know the button that you use to advance thru menus in every console game ever) is "OK".

Oh, I had forgotten about that. It happens on PC too if you use a controller. I normally use a controller, but I am forced to use M+KB to pick relics because of this. It has been like this for a while now, I believe this is also since the relic UI update. I can understand how much of a pain this will be.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

Speaking of the mission start count down timer. I seen it start to count down from 10 get to 3, jump back up as high as 15 and then count down from there. This stuff has been happening ever since they changed the relic UI.

I do think this is a network/ping issue more than anything. I have noticed it a few times, and it is usually when a higher ping is involved. This was happening on PC prior to the relic UI changes. So, it has been happening for a while now too.

• Like 1

the no reward even though a relic was selected and 10 reactants collected has been an issue for a while - not very often but it has been happening since long before the ui changes.  I have had it happen to me - relic selected, msg about cracking the relic rcvd, no reward. Also  seen it happen to others - in fact just yesterday I saw it happen.  I suspect it more often happens when the player has joined a mission already in progress but not 100% sure on that.

the UI is just bad.  wasted space, stuff hidden behind mouse overs when we don't have a mouse, "play with no relic" bug, timer starting (I suspect due to crappy ui allowing players pressing X to select a relic which then starts the timer as well)

• Like 1