Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense is too slow

Acebaur

I feel like defense missions could use an update. Specifically, they feel very slow compared to other endless missions. There is a lot of downtime in the mission between the actual countdown and waiting for the enemies to run to you. I feel like this could be very simply fixed by simply making it  like survival where the enemies are constantly spawning and the "waves" could be a meter that is filled by killing enemies. Once the meter fills, the next wave starts. You can still have a break at 5 waves and extract. 

I agree with OP. Your solutions ain't solutions. If I want to play a Defense without a Saryn or a Speedva I should be able to do it without wasting lots of time. There is literally no reason to play Defense or Survival when Interceptions and Excavations exist: way faster, way harder, way more rewarding, way funnier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Try this and say it again :crylaugh:

20 Waves Akkad in 16 minutes (did it in the NW Intermission "Challenge")

Obstacles are there to be overcome

I mean it's an okay fix, but when you have to use one certain frame to make the defense mode bearable (time-wise), there's something wrong with the mode. Also it heavily depends on faction and tileset. Sure Infested can be rushed with Nova pretty good, but you'll have much harder times doing that with Corpus, Grineer or Corrupted, especially when Nullifiers are involved.

I'm very much with OP on this one. I find myself avoiding Defense missions at all costs lately. They are long and give pretty crappy rewards for the most part (outside of Derelict and Void where it's an okay place to get relics, especially Derelict with Speed Nova)

I think they should either compress the enemies a little bit, so they go out quicker, or at least get rid of the long wait times inbetween waves.

On 2019-07-10 at 12:49 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Try this and say it again :crylaugh:

20 Waves Akkad in 16 minutes (did it in the NW Intermission "Challenge")

Obstacles are there to be overcome

I have a Speeva and that's not a solution. Not everyone in the game has access to one nor knows how the mechanics of it work. I also shouldn't be forced to take a certain frame into a mission to fix a problem with that mission. As was said it doesn't work as well with some factions anyway because they have long range guns, nullifiers etc. 

I like the break between waves--i actually miss it in arbitrations.   I don't like

1. The weird gaps between spawns within waves
  2. How often one or two enemies get stuck on or inside landscape
  3. The sheer size of some defense maps, especially when combined with unnecessary complexity.
  • Like 1

To add to this problem, Fissure Defense missions can be especially bad with constant extra corrupted enemies spawning from fissures. Sometimes while hunting for the last remaining enemies stuck somewhere, more and more Corrupted enemies spawn, which can greatly extend the time it takes for each wave to finish.

• Like 1