Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I not be interrupted every 2 minutes on the plains?

TheSquidNextDoor

Question

Kill everything. They can't disturb you if they're already dead.
1mclsg.jpg

Kidding aside, I think you can use Limbo and just jump to rift if they start to swarm you, then fly around somewhere far so your alert level goes down.
Using stealthy (invisible) frames can achieve the same.

And I'm not sure if you can do conservation at night, but I always try to farm materials in the Plains at night because there are less Grineers patrolling, the Teralyst isn't a threat coz it's slow so as long you as you stay away from it, you're fine. The vomvalyst however might be annoying but they don't really swarm you like Grineers with all their missiles and dargyns, and they're kinda slow anyway, so you can just run away from them.

9 minutes ago, TheSquidNextDoor said:

So, I'm out doing conservation work and I swear every 2 minutes I get swarmed by grineer foot soldiers, dargyns, thumpers and/or ghouls.

How do I stop this happening?

If you use Ivara, then you can spend most of your time invisible

3 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Kill everything. They can't disturb you if they're already dead.

Yep, that works too lol

3 minutes ago, TheSquidNextDoor said:

I only have Mag and Oberon though. I am aware that night is generally more peaceful but I don't like having to wait an hour before I can go out onto the plains.

Ignore that about Ivara. Go with killing everything. Night can be more hectic especially if you don't have your operator yet. 

Are you on now? I can jump on and hold them off for you while you are conservating

Edited by (XB1)ToxickToe
Added question

20 minutes ago, TheSquidNextDoor said:

And I also have operator.

You are beyond War Within and only have Mag and Oberon?

You are progressing too fast. Take a step back and farm more frames and weapons.

Open Relic and sell them for plat if you need more slots

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 2

You can get Limbo from a quest, and you don't really need to mod him coz the rift is his passive ability, so you can just throw in some vitality on your Limbo (to avoid getting 1-hit KO) and you're good to go.
And about night time, you don't really need to engage with the vomvalysts, they're slow and they make a sound when they're near, they will shoot you but their projectile is slow so unless you're just standing still and admiring them, you shouldn't get hit by that. Just fly somewhere clear. Equipping enemy radar mod or any similar mods on your warframe or sentinel/companion can help you avoid some enemies when just lurking around the Plains.

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You are progressing too fast. Take a step back and farm more frames and weapons.

Farm Relic and sell them for plat if you need more slots

I know someone who completed the whole star map without changing frames. So it is possible. Admittedly, it was Excalibur, but it's still possible. Not that I would suggest it unless you were on a new account after clearning everything and looking for a challenge. 

5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

All of this.

Warframe is not meant to be a race, take your time.

Edited by 2old4gamez
Typo.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)ToxickToe said:

So it is possible. Admittedly, it was Excalibur, but it's still possible.

I do this quite frequently. Nontheless OP isn't a veteran who knows 80+% of this game and has enough skill to pull this off.

That's why I suggest they go back and take it a bit slower.

Limbo is available since Europa (?), Ivara would also be possible. And not having at least a defensive frame in his state is naive

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I do this quite frequently. Nontheless OP isn't a veteran who knows 80+% of this game and has enough skill to pull this off.

Limbo is available since Europa (?), Ivara would also be possible. And not having at least a defensive frame in his state is naive

You're mad lol. Although, I may try it. Haha. 

Personally, I was MR12 before I did War Within. I was doing everything else and just having fun with it. 

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

Limbo is faster to claim than Ivara coz Ivara needs some real RNG luck, while Limbo just requires you to finish his quest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ToxickToe said:

You're mad lol.

I'm doing this to get information for my guides. I'm pretty hyped of the rework 😄

2 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

Limbo is faster to claim than Ivara coz Ivara needs some real RNG luck, while Limbo just requires you to finish his quest.

Indeed. And is a very mighty tool if you know how to use him. I can easily outdps a Saryn or Volt (and abilities do penetrate the Rift)

I was just pointing out that Ivara is possible to get after you have access to all 3 Tiers of Spy Vaults

48 minutes ago, TheSquidNextDoor said:

So, I'm out doing conservation work and I swear every 2 minutes I get swarmed by grineer foot soldiers, dargyns, thumpers and/or ghouls.

How do I stop this happening?

Go invisible with the Huras kubrow, set his precept "Stalk" top left side line for top priority on the kubrow actions so you and him go invisible as soon as possible with any enemy getting nerby in a 25m radius, as long as you don't try to kill the enemies with alarming weapons, you should stay invisible for a long time (2min I think it lasts). Remember you can use bows like Paris to kill things because they are silenced by default. Being noisy in the plains means always troubles.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Huras_Kubrow

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stalk

It's the easiest and cheapest way to do things in a stealth way early on in the game. Invisibility turn itself off if there is no enemies in a 25m around you.

Edited by Gorgorex
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheSquidNextDoor said:

don't have a Huras kubrow though.

Ok this doesn't seem to work.

Instead of advising you sth, I'll ask this:

1. What do you have?
  2. And what are you willing to invest (time/plat)?

I can say Ignis, Lenz, Opticor, Loki, Atterax, Guandao, Zaw, Tombfinger, most likely you'll say (I don't have it)

As for the Kubrow (just rerun Earth (Forest) and farm Eggs and breed like there's no tomorrow)

• Like 3

I have:

PRIMARIES: Vectis, Drakgoon, Boltor and Paris (Rank 22)

SECONDARIES: Aklato, Furis and Gammacor

MELEE: Broken War, Dual Ether, Silva & Aegis and Broken Scepter (Rank 0)

COMPANIONS: Para moa, Taxon Wyrm, Sahasa Kubrow (Rank 4) and Raksa Kubrow (Rank 27)

I am willing to invest several days to getting something to help me. I don't have a stable income of plat.

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

Ok this doesn't seem to work.

Instead of advising you sth, I'll ask this:

1. What do you have?
  2. And what are you willing to invest (time/plat)?

I can say Ignis, Lenz, Opticor, Loki, Atterax, Guandao, Zaw, Tombfinger, most likely you'll say (I don't have it)

As for the Kubrow (just rerun Earth (Forest) and farm Eggs and breed like there's no tomorrow)

I'm sorry but I think you're giving OP a lot harder time by introducing more stuff for them to do. Breeding Huras kubrow, again is another RNG.
OP is obviously a newbie and probably a low MR, some of those weapons needs a high MR. Zaw and Tombfinger/kitguns needs some standing on their respective syndicates.
The OP posted here and is looking for an immediate solution, otherwise they would just take their time making their loadout stronger. 

I would advise OP to either get Limbo by doing the Limbo Theorem quest (it's probably on their codex already as they're done with The War Within questline) or farm Loki (he needs to be modded to have a longer duration tho). If OP is up for some crazy RNG challenge, maybe Ivara.
If the warframe slot is an issue, then OP can try to run some Fissures, a few prime parts can easily earn them 20 plat they can use to buy the slots.

9 minutes ago, TheSquidNextDoor said:

I have:

PRIMARIES: Vectis, Drakgoon, Boltor and Paris (Rank 22)

SECONDARIES: Aklato, Furis and Gammacor

MELEE: Broken War, Dual Ether, Silva & Aegis and Broken Scepter (Rank 0)

COMPANIONS: Para moa, Taxon Wyrm, Sahasa Kubrow (Rank 4) and Raksa Kubrow (Rank 27)

Hard carried then... hmmm that's quite awkward then.

Like I already said: go back to the beginning and act like you are new to the game. Farm every Boss until you have all their Warframes' blueprints. Get yourself a clan (help and research), increase your MR and farm Prime Parts from Relics and Rare Mods (Derelict) to get plat.

Buy slots for weapons and frames.

If you need information on how to get specific things, either ask in Region "where [name]" and Kickbot will answer you where or use the wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

6 minutes ago, TheSquidNextDoor said:

I also have full sets of Kuaka and Condroc floofs

Pretty helpful outside of missions :thumbup::crylaugh:

1 minute ago, Yxivi said:

I'm sorry but I think you're giving OP a lot harder time by introducing more stuff for them to do

That's why I stopped giving advise and instead asked of their progress, which isn't very far.

Because all the things I mentioned do in fact help with their situation, but are hardly achieveable in short time. 

Although Ignis is pretty easy to get. They just need a clan and they are done. OP is at least MR 5 (War Within), You adivse to Loki yourself and Atterax is MR 2 (and no you don't need Memestrike)

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

3 minutes ago, TheSquidNextDoor said:

Also, what does hard carried mean?

Someone clearly helped you with all missions except those you have to access alone.

With your gear is it pretty hard to get this far alone for new player

edit: If you did this all by yourself though, then I will apoligise.

Edited by GnarlsDarkley