Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Guess who's back!

Managed to catch up to the Cross save stress test and I've created a new PC account to link my Xbox account with it!

Last time I played was in February 2023 or something lol. 

Now I'm back, in 800 x 600 resolution (3rd gen i5 laptop)!

Miss my old forum account...

Spoiler

Psst, hey you! I'm looking for ways to increase my gaming performance either through Windows or through Warframe itself, my specs are listed below.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3210m 2.50Ghz

iGPU: Intel HD 4000

Storage: 466 GB HDD

RAM: 12 GB DDR3 RAM

I will give you a cookie if you attempt to help me.

3 hours ago, Bloxanity2816 said:

Guess who's back!

Managed to catch up to the Cross save stress test and I've created a new PC account to link my Xbox account with it!

Last time I played was in February 2023 or something lol. 

Now I'm back, in 800 x 600 resolution (3rd gen i5 laptop)!

Miss my old forum account...

Hide contents

Psst, hey you! I'm looking for ways to increase my gaming performance either through Windows or through Warframe itself, my specs are listed below.

CPU: Intel Core i5 3210m 2.50Ghz

iGPU: Intel HD 4000

Storage: 466 GB HDD

RAM: 12 GB DDR3 RAM

I will give you a cookie if you attempt to help me.

It's gonna be really hard to squeeze much performance out of that system, especially considering the GPU. Off the top of my head making sure your power mode is set to balanced or high performance is the most important thing. You can change it by going into Settings > System > Power > and then selecting the right power mode.

Making sure drivers and whatnot are up to date can also fix performance issues you might be having.

Removing bloatware and turning off background processes that might be consuming resources can free up ram and cpu usage to put towards Warframe.

Installing Windows 11 might also see some performance gains, though it might just not do anything and I'm pretty sure the free install time period is over.

Defragging your HDD could prove useful, you can do that by searching "Defragment and Optimize Drives" in your searchbar. Doing this speeds up older HDD's by a bit, which should let your system be a tiny bit quicker.

Finally, cleaning out your laptop to make sure there isn't dust or other particles. That would likely require the partial disassembly of your Laptop, so if you aren't comfortable doing that you could just not, or sent it to a tech store. Though at that point you'd be spending money on a system that you really shouldn't be spending money on anymore.

You should still be able to run warframe at a playable frame rate for a while, but if you can I would recommend getting a better computer some time in the future.  

Edit: Also just to make sure turn your graphics settings in warframe ALL the way down. That little iGPU is struggling.

Edited by Mazifet

On 2024-01-19 at 8:41 AM, Aldain said:

i live disney GIF

...Not that anyone is going to remember me after all these years, but if you recognize me I'm back apparently.

I remember you.

We were in the same trench on Zavastor IV, firing into the xenos hordes until our lasguns warped from the heat. When they reached our position, we filled the trench with their corpses. At one point my bayonet snapped, and I was reduced to hewing away with my trenching tool, climbing over corpses, ours and theirs, to fell any I could reach. It would have been a glorious death, to fall that day. But by the Emperor's will, we both survived, it seems.

Death-Korps-of-Krieg-Astra-Militarum-Imp

• Like 1