Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I've got The Elder Scrolls: Call to Arms and Marvel Crisis Protocol which looks pretty similar. That's fun, but coming up with enjoyable scenery is not my forte, even with the bits I've bought. I see plenty of Star Wars Legion packs when I'm holidaying, but with how tight money is that might just be something I look at. Star Wars Shatterpoint looks pretty cool as well. 

As far as I can tell Legion is big tabletop battles, whilst Shatterpoint is smaller objective based battles with less (or no) restrictions on who can team up, which is definitely preferable to me.

In any case, I take things at a relaxed pace, picking up a thing or two when the budget allows it. I'm going to paint for the next couple of months, until the heat sets in, then switch over to assembling and converting. The reason for this is, that it gets harder to paint in hotter environments, as the paint dries much faster, leaving streaks on surfaces and paint drying up on palettes.

I also have some old Rackham figures from the Confrontation game, that I would like to use for other games as well. Thus my interest in minis agnostic systems. The One Page Rules games, for example looks promising, and more and more independent developers are putting their games out on the net as well.

Blimey! That chamomile schnaps I was talking about... Pretty potent. I guess I'll go to bed now. Take care, my simian friend.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

@Yrkul

Behold, my stuff.

This is the "I die in an earthquake" stack of games as they collapse upon my helpless form.

Hide contents

gx59P9r.jpeg

ec8c9b70b86ec201169f0a36e932e974.jpg

That's almost 2 meters, judging from the angle. Good thing northern Europe isn't known for seismic activity.

There's still space under the ceiling...

about-game.webp

3 hours ago, Yrkul said:

That's almost 2 meters, judging from the angle. Good thing northern Europe isn't known for seismic activity.

There's still space under the ceiling...

That one is in my cubby hole in the corner. Picked it up for £40 at a convention's bring and buy section completely unplayed, absolute bargain. I'm going to save up and get some expansions for it, I hear the Legendary Hunt expansion is really good by offering a new way of winning the game that people can take a chance on. I enjoyed playing it but the downtime was a little bit much and it almost felt like we spent 75% of the game leveling up and the final 25% slaying things as quick as we could, which is possibly not the intended way of playing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

That one is in my cubby hole in the corner. Picked it up for £40 at a convention's bring and buy section completely unplayed, absolute bargain. I'm going to save up and get some expansions for it, I hear the Legendary Hunt expansion is really good by offering a new way of winning the game that people can take a chance on. I enjoyed playing it but the downtime was a little bit much and it almost felt like we spent 75% of the game leveling up and the final 25% slaying things as quick as we could, which is possibly not the intended way of playing.

Great find! How are the miniatures? In the pictures I could find, they look pretty good, but what's the material, durability etc?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Great find! How are the miniatures? In the pictures I could find, they look pretty good, but what's the material, durability etc?

Base game? It's just this.

Spoiler

tlGWBhM.jpeg

Nothing special about them, they're solid at least. I assume the monster miniatures are expansion only, or maybe kickstarter only? I'm not sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Base game? It's just this.

Hide contents

tlGWBhM.jpeg

Nothing special about them, they're solid at least. I assume the monster miniatures are expansion only, or maybe kickstarter only? I'm not sure.

Ok. Plastic. Medium hardness, judging from how thin some of the blades are. Details are not Games Workshop grade, but still good enough that a good paint job will easily make up for it. Poses in general are nice and interesting. One could even make them more distinct with a black primer and grey drybrush alone:

the-witcher-old-world-board-game-review-

The deluxe edition has a bit more minis, though not at the bargain price you got, ya lucky bastard. 😆 And if they get enough sales through kickstarter, chances are they'll make enough for retail, seeing as you can get the base game on places like Amazon, of all places.

Thanks for the gander, in any case. I should probably get back to finishing another batch of Blood Angels. (Red. Of all the chapters, I had to pick red.) 🤣

Edited by Yrkul
Sperring error.

13 hours ago, Yrkul said:

One could even make them more distinct with a black primer and grey drybrush alone:

That example image does look pretty cool. Have you seen the various Unmatched miniatures? They're honestly some of my favourite miniatures of any game, and they come like this too.

Ghost Rider is a personal favourite. Picture stolen from the internet.

Spoiler

Unmatched: Redemption Row Review - One Board Family

Makes me not want to paint them because I think they already look so cool.

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Makes me not want to paint them because I think they already look so cool.

Understandable. I also reckon they'll see more handling per game than the average Warhammer miniature, so wear will also be more pronounced.

Just gotta let this one out. Warning there is a little TMI but I need to rant into the void so I don't say something mean over the phone to someone just doing their job.

Spoiler

F*ck the US Healthcare System.

Old West Fighting GIF by GritTV

love having people that weren't in the room with my doctor and I making medical decisions for me. S U P E R cool. I'll be sure to mail them an envelope full of my decaying skin since obviously I don't need f*cking medication. God forbid they help pay a fraction back for what I've paid them for years.

1 hour ago, TeaHands said:

Just gotta let this one out. Warning there is a little TMI but I need to rant into the void so I don't say something mean over the phone to someone just doing their job.

Hide contents

love having people that weren't in the room with my doctor and I making medical decisions for me. S U P E R cool. I'll be sure to mail them an envelope full of my decaying skin since obviously I don't need f*cking medication. God forbid they help pay a fraction back for what I've paid them for years.

Yeah. The more I learn about the US, the more I appreciate living in Denmark. And to think I once considered applying for a green card...

3 hours ago, Yrkul said:

Understandable. I also reckon they'll see more handling per game than the average Warhammer miniature, so wear will also be more pronounced.

Yeah, moving is absolutely mandatory. Plenty of effects force movement, and if you're low on cards it's suicide to just stand in place when you could be running away.

3 hours ago, TeaHands said:

Reveal hidden contents

I love the NHS.

Found this old-y gold-y Carnival March in my feed.

English translation:

I will strangle! I will strangle!

The one stole my undies to make dishcloth!

My undies... It was clean! It was a gift I got from my sweetie!

• Like 1

On 2024-04-20 at 2:35 AM, Kaotyke said:

English translation:

That is oddly cute.

So many questions, though... Like, why use undies as a dishcloth? And did they catch Happosai?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

We doing funny things now?

An old woman went to the clinic.

Doctor: So, mrs. What is the issue?

Granny: Well, you see doctor, I take a 💩 everyday at 7AM.

Doctor: ... what is the problem, then?

Granny: I wake up at 8AM.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-22 at 1:41 AM, Kaotyke said:

We doing funny things now?

With how... interesting things are right now, a little levity might be in order.

Right now I'm saving up energy for a bout of spring cleaning. Weather's been shifting back and forth over here, and my joints are giving me serious grief.

One thing rather painfully evident in the usage of folk journalism is, that while you get a wide selection of perspectives and sources, the skill in comprehension and objectivity is woefully lacking. Sure, I can correllate information from a wide array of wannabe reporters, but most people don't have the time, energy or patience for this information landscape. And it is showing...

/drunkenrant

I hate insomnia.