Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE's stance on Macros

Antscool

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi!  The rule of thumb, as I’ve always understood it, is “one push is one action.”

so a bullet jump or single slide attack is fine but anything doing a repeated job is more than one action.

i myself would consider a repeat trigger pull on a non automatic weapon to be a violation of that personally.

18 hours ago, Antscool said:

I am building a max speed Opticor and i want to get it to a point where i physically cant click fast enough, and i thought about making a Macro for it, but i dont know what DE thinks of it. Anyone know?

I’ve heard some people just bind it to the mouse wheel. It’s not really a macro, and still helps people with carpal tunnel or however it’s spelled. My hands hurt a lot after work, so many times I won’t even use semi automatic weapons with a high fire rate. I’ll just use a fat shotty or a spray gun. Like a hek or a dera.

I’m not sure ANYONE truly knows for sure what will/will not get you in trouble re: macros - there’s no list of apps that are on DE’s blacklist, or, worse, not even a set of examples of what’s for sure acceptable vs. over the line. Bottom line in official notices is: “if you use ANY sort of macro, you MAY get in trouble for it, if not today, then tomorrow if/when we change our minds and classify something as an exploit”. 

So... I personally wouldn’t risk it, unless you’re OK with having all your play and work suddenly evaporated with (likely) no way to appeal.  

18 hours ago, LarryYourWaiter said:

i myself would consider a repeat trigger pull on a non automatic weapon to be a violation of that personally.

Official Partner use (and also do suggest them) spam Macros for abilities like Sleep on Equinox for Adaro. Why should they be allowed but we not?