Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Standing Caps And Bounty Rewards Are Annoying

Art1198

I understand that if they didn't cap it you could grind the entire of POE in a few days, but I still don't like them and I am here to complain.

Please reconsider the existence of standing caps or perhaps making them larger because due to caps you can only get around 10-12 thousand standing in most factions per day which means you would have to max out standing every single day for 12 or so days to finish a level. If you don't spend any standing on things like equipment and blueprints, and if you extrapolate this to, " I don't spend every waking hour playing Warframe, much less specific places like POE or the Vallis", you're gonna still take 6 months or longer to finish the faction. Instead of streatching out content to make the open world areas last for players that may not stay longer than a few months in the game, maybe there should just be more content for it instead? Like in each update you  would put a few weapon blueprints exclusive to those open world areas into the reward pools for completing open world bounties so that I have a real reason to play the POE after my standing cap is reached for the day? Maybe introduce a new type of weapon in the same vein as " Vandal, wraith, etc." call em tribal and make them look like they were put together by the people of cetus? I dunno, but I feel like the current method of making gaining standing with factions like pulling teeth is a bad way to go about it.  And finding a "tribal grakata blueprint" where some guy on cetus has painted it brown and hung a bunch of little totems on it or something sounds cool.

And then I'd remove some of the more useless rewards from those pools, nobody is playing POE to grind a 300x circuts cache or a 2,500 credit cache and when you play the hardest bounty of the day and get 6 100x kuva caches or something kinda useless like that it kinda stings.

15 minutes ago, Art1198 said:

Please reconsider the existence of standing caps or perhaps making them larger because due to caps you can only get around 10-12 thousand standing in most factions per day

Wrong. Get a higher MR and whoops you'll have 28k like me for Syndicates and 385k for Focus :clem:

and if you extrapolate this to, " I don't spend every waking hour playing Warframe, much less specific places like POE or the Vallis", you're gonna still take 6 months or longer to finish the faction

Nah. Your math is wrong. From Rank 0 to Max Rank at any Syndicate you need 240.000. That's 240.000/(1000*MR+1)

So MR2 (minimum requirement) needs 240.000/(1000*2+1) = 80 days...which is 2.65months and you reach the cap after 1 or 2 missions.

At MR26 (when Fortuna came out = New Syndicate) it was 240.000/(1000*26+1) = 8.8889 ~ 9 days to cap (daily cap could be done in 1 mission...and if you are MR26 I expect the players knows the game)

so that I have a real reason to play the POE after my standing cap is reached for the day?

What if you get the weapon after the first Bounty?

16 minutes ago, Art1198 said:

I dunno, but I feel like the current method of making gaining standing with factions like pulling teeth is a bad way to go about it.

Like I said...it takes me literally 1 mission to get me 28.000 Standing for non Open World Syndicates...and for PoE/Vallis I can still cap in around 30minutes to 1 hr max

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Wrong. Get a higher MR and whoops you'll have 28k like me for Syndicates and 385k for Focus :clem:

Still not much.

And I am terrible at the focus thing so putting a cap on it doesn't matter atleast for me.

I edited my first Post

9 minutes ago, Art1198 said:

And I am terrible at the focus thing so putting a cap on it doesn't matter atleast for me.

That doesn't mean everyone is bad at this. I can also cap my 385k Focus in 1 mission which takes me about 20 to 30minutes 

You may not want to hear it...but this all sounds like: Git gud

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
  • Like 1

To gain standing for open world best way is get a reasource booster (and maybe a resource drop)+ smeeta and go fishing for rare fish. You should be fine with just resource booster but you get more fish spawning with resource drop chance booster from what I hear. Also for fortuna you can do exploiter orb and it drops a lot of raw minerals like zodian and  zodian is 1k standing yes I have done the exploiter orb a lot farming the ephemera and have well over 500+ zodian and that other one thats 1k standing per piece and I have everything I would want from fortuna people, it takes a lot of time and no lifing to farm exploiter so many damn times but its effective and you get a chance at an ephemera and stuff

18 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Nah. Your math is wrong. From Rank 0 to Max Rank at any Syndicate you need 240.000. That's 240.000/(1000*MR+1)

So MR2 (minimum requirement) needs 240.000/(1000*2+1) = 80 days...which is 2.65months and you reach the cap after 1 or 2 missions.

At MR26 (when Fortuna came out = New Syndicate) it was 240.000/(1000*26+1) = 8.8889 ~ 9 days to cap (daily cap could be done in 1 mission...and if you are MR26 I expect the players knows the game)

What if you get the weapon after the first Bounty?

Like I said...it takes me literally 1 mission to get me 28.000 Standing for non Open World Syndicates...and for PoE/Vallis I can still cap in around 30minutes to 1 hr max

-A very large portion of people are not at, and probably won't making it to MR 28. So saying" I yeah I have played mainly this game for the past few years" and then using your above average ranking to justify the very large caps, which even for you, is still gonna require a few days of reaching your cap isn't really a fair argument.

-The only other thing I can think of thats worth replying to you on this is  you would have multiple weapons and you would part them out like they do wraith, vandal, or prime weapons. Rotate one out every week, have 4 to start and then add a couple through later updates.

1 minute ago, Art1198 said:

So saying" I yeah I have played mainly this game for the past few years" and then using your above average ranking to justify the very large caps

No. I was just pointing out that even at MR2 you don't need to borderline grind for 6+ months and instead are at Max after 80 days.

2 minutes ago, Art1198 said:

A very large portion of people are not at, and probably won't making it to MR 28

It just speeds things up~ There's a solution. You don't want to use it...don't complain. Like saying "I rather walk 80miles instead of using a car/bus, etc because you don't feel like it"...that's on you.

It's not hard to get MR. Most of my Clan Members reach MR20+ in about a month and we neither carry them nor force them to do so.

6 minutes ago, Art1198 said:

Rotate one out every week, have 4 to start and then add a couple through later updates.

That can be said to every single other drop location in low played missions. There are daily complaints about Arbitrations and its "sh1tty" droptable. There's a reason DE isn't doing it.

And if you can't be bothered to play Bounties then don't do it. Last time I was at Plains war for the PS event...which I only did 30times. The last time before that...oh boy...somewhere before Fortuna hit to get some Arcanes before the amount of Eidolon groups drops

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No. I was just pointing out that even at MR2 you don't need to borderline grind for 6+ months and instead are at Max after 80 days.

It just speeds things up~ There's a solution. You don't want to use it...don't complain. Like saying "I rather walk 80miles instead of using a car/bus, etc because you don't feel like it"...that's on you.

It's not hard to get MR. Most of my Clan Members reach MR20+ in about a month and we neither carry them nor force them to do so.

That can be said to every single other drop location in low played missions. There are daily complaints about Arbitrations and its "sh1tty" droptable. There's a reason DE isn't doing it.

And if you can't be bothered to play Bounties then don't do it. Last time I was at Plains war for the PS event...which I only did 30times. The last time before that...oh boy...somewhere before Fortuna hit to get some Arcanes before the amount of Eidolon groups drops

How do you reach MR 20 in a month? Do you mean from rank 1 to 20 in a month? I'm actually curious. Do you rush all craft times for weapons and frames to get MR xp? I'm currently MR 14 nearing 15, getting to 14 from 13 took me about a week because of the craft times. I also hate the standings caps and have been grinding more than usual to increase my MR, if there's a secret to maxing out MR ranks fast and doesn't cost a ton of plat, I'd like to know it.

Edit: Also, if you don't rush any crafts and you're constantly grinding, what's the sleep schedule like if you're getting from rank 1 to 20 in just a month?

Edited by (PS4)Valaois

The cap is actually more for the veterans among us (like me). Us on the high mastery rank breeze through the syndicates ranks, the cap is so we won't finish it within a day and get bored the next day. We need a reason to play the game more then a day, you know... Also, a lot of people sometimes don't even reach their daily cap because of real life stuff. I usualy play casualy and don't try to farm syndicate standing, while I do need the standing for the relics.

I think the daily cap system is as fair as possible.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

Do you mean from rank 1 to 20 in a month? I'm actually curious.

I had one in my clan who got to MR26 in 27 days...he quit 2 weeks later because he was bored....I am not saying it is an advised method.

As for "how to": Buy all BPs off the Market, Buy all BPs from the Dojo and craft every weapon you can while farming for the next one and passively grinding Affinity in pugs.

Starting gear alone gets you to almost MR3. So without buying one item you are "speedlocked" 3 days. In the meantime you can buy those cred only weapons and ones for MR1-4. 12 to 24hrs crafting time per weapon in 4 days yields...enough to get to MR7 I guess. Get yourself some frames as well (normal ones from planets) or buying primes and you'll get another quick MR.

All assumed you bought plat/have some way of getting slots. (I provided most of them because I knew they would stick long enough and pay me back).

And if you don't get your hand on easy slots...let all weapons/frames in the Foundry and only retrieve each at a time and sell after reaching Rank30.

This is all just mathematical. Least of the player can or would do this

edit:

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

Edit: Also, if you don't rush any crafts and you're constantly grinding, what's the sleep schedule like if you're getting from rank 1 to 20 in just a month?

Idk and Idc. I can only guess or try to do the math. Affinitybooster isn't expensive and with it you can max 3 weapons in some rounds of SO or Helene

It took me about 2 months to get to MR7...then I quit because I failed to get potatoes and DE put up 7 Alerts in a row an hour after I headed to work (which kinda mocked me to leave). After I came back it took me several months again to get higher which I didn't speed up in any regards. I'd say I spent about 8 month to get to MR20+.

This was all long before Focus/Open Worlds...and Melee Syndicate weapons were introduced....so there wasn't a strong obligation to grind MR

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

45 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I had one in my clan who got to MR26 in 27 days...he quit 2 weeks later because he was bored....I am not saying it is an advised method.

As for "how to": Buy all BPs off the Market, Buy all BPs from the Dojo and craft every weapon you can while farming for the next one and passively grinding Affinity in pugs.

Starting gear alone gets you to almost MR3. So without buying one item you are "speedlocked" 3 days. In the meantime you can buy those cred only weapons and ones for MR1-4. 12 to 24hrs crafting time per weapon in 4 days yields...enough to get to MR7 I guess. Get yourself some frames as well (normal ones from planets) or buying primes and you'll get another quick MR.

All assumed you bought plat/have some way of getting slots. (I provided most of them because I knew they would stick long enough and pay me back).

And if you don't get your hand on easy slots...let all weapons/frames in the Foundry and only retrieve each at a time and sell after reaching Rank30.

This is all just mathematical. Least of the player can or would do this

Just an estimate, but how many credits do you need to buy all the bps off the market do you think? How does MR 1-3 earn this amount of credits without being carried by higher MR friends into the higher tier missions that give more creds/components? And speaking of components, how do you effectively grind for the necessary amount of components as a low MR to build multiple weapons at a time? Assuming your schedule is completely free, how much time do you think it would take to farm all the necessary components and credits to build weapon after weapon? What does this time commitment look like? Assuming the only plat you have is the starting plat and you don't have clan members to give you any, do you think the average person is capable of getting to 1-20 in a month?

I'm highly skeptical about reaching MR 27 or even MR 20 in under a month for your average person that either has a job, school, or any other activity where they can't be playing Warframe 24/7. I'm not saying you're lying, but I don't think it's fair to use an example of your clan mate reaching MR 20 in a month simply because your average person can't spare that kind of time commitment to Warframe. Gaining MR is indeed a way to make the standing cap feel less like S#&$e, but I don't think it's fair to play off gaining MR as some simple solution to standing caps because gaining MR is as much of a time commitment as trying to max out standing with different factions. Assuming you're not using plat to skip craft times, you still have to wait just like you do with standing. 

If you already have people that's willing to play Warframe enough to the point they're reaching max MR in under a month, then what harm does increasing standing cap do? You're already consuming ridiculously large amounts of content to farm for enough components/credits to make the necessary equipment to blow through mastery ranks, why stop at factions?

If Standing Caps exist so that we can't blow through content, if this is the logic we're going by, then we should also limit the amount of times people can rank up MR every few weeks or months so that we can stop folks from blowing through even more content.

Edited by (PS4)Valaois

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

do you think the average person is capable of getting to 1-20 in a month?

If they are really fast in understanding this game I'd say 2 months without much help. Credits isn't an issue if you run Gabii. 6 minutes and 30k w/o booster. 

Stick with Excal to progress until Helene/Saturn if you don't want to leech in SO and grind warframes and weapons there. Also run as much fissures as possible in the Void to get prime parts and relics at the same time to get plat. Usually people tend to stick to new primes and in this process slow themselves down (Why craft Paris Prime and Braton Prime when you can get slots instead? No they are not good weapons compared to Hek if you need slots)

how do you effectively grind for the necessary amount of components as a low MR to build multiple weapons at a time?

micromanagement. What does the item require, where does it drop and also are there fissures.

Don't craft weapons which need forma (this also many people do wrong and complain about Forma crafting time when it is their fault of ill management)

What does this time commitment look like?

RNG. Sometimes I get 11k Polymer in 5minutes Ophelia and sometimes only 2k in 5minutes.

I'm highly skeptical about reaching MR 27 or even MR 20 in under a month for your average person that either has a job

Many invest money. Said MR26 quitter bought 2 times the 4300 plat pack on Day1 without knowing if he likes the game. He just bought and sped up everything he wanted

your average person can't spare that kind of time commitment to Warframe

I said it "is easy". Not fast. I didn'say OP can/has to be MR20 next week. I just pointed out it is easy achievable if they think 12k Standing is too less for them

If you already have people that's willing to play Warframe enough to the point they're reaching max MR in under a month, then what harm does increasing standing cap do?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1111834-syndicate-standing/

How about removing the caps to the daily standing for all syndicates?

On 2019-07-16 at 4:26 PM, GnarlsDarkley said:

Sure. I will sell hundred of Syndicate mods and weapons per day until they are worth 1p.

Great idea :thumbup:

Edited by GnarlsDarkley

33 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If they are really fast in understanding this game I'd say 2 months without much help. Credits isn't an issue if you run Gabii. 6 minutes and 30k w/o booster. 

Stick with Excal to progress until Helene/Saturn if you don't want to leech in SO and grind warframes and weapons there. Also run as much fissures as possible in the Void to get prime parts and relics at the same time to get plat. Usually people tend to stick to new primes and in this process slow themselves down (Why craft Paris Prime and Braton Prime when you can get slots instead? No they are not weapons compared to Hek if you need slots)

micromanagement. What does the item require, where does it drop and also are there fissures.

Don't craft weapons which need forma (this also many people do wrong and complain about Forma crafting time when it is their fault of ill management)

RNG. Sometimes I get 11k Polymer in 5minutes Ophelia and sometimes only 2k in 5minutes.

Many invest money. Said MR26 quitter bought 2 times the 4300 plat pack on Day1 without knowing if he likes the game. He just bought and sped up everything he wanted

I said it "is easy". Not fast. I didn'say OP can/has to be MR20 next week. I just pointed out it is easy achievable if they think 12k Standing is too less for them

Sure, it's easily achievable if you're dumping a bunch of cash into Warframe to skip out on wait times, but again, if you aren't then there's just as much waiting when gaining MR as there is when trying to level Factions with the standing caps. I can only speak for myself and the people I know that play Warframe, most of us have indeed invested money, but not nearly enough to rapidly gain mastery ranks to the point where standing caps aren't annoying. And as you mentioned, RNG is a thing so that's even more time added to the already annoying loop of trying to make the standing cap bearable.

To sum up how Standing caps feel imo, you take a step forward, take two steps back, take three steps forward. A slow system that just isn't fun imo. As much as I enjoy playing Warframe, I often end up wanting to do something else when I think of trying to progress the factions.

Edit: Cetus factions, not really bothered by the Syndicate factions as you can continuously progress forward with those. For example:

If I want to progress with the Quills and upgrade amps, I'll need materials that you can acquire by buying blueprints from Ostron vendors, but if I buy these blueprints, I'm set back by a day of progression with Ostron. At MR 14, my daily cap is 15k, one of the blueprints I need to upgrade amp costs 10k standing. So I either buy this blueprint and waste a days worth of progression, or I just move forward with Ostrun and stick with my current amp, but if I stick with my current amp then I'm stuck with the same content I was for days now. This is what I mean by "take a step forward, take two steps back, take three steps forward." There's progression, just at a snails pace vs with the Syndicate, I can just continuously move forward. Sure I could buy some of the stuff with syndicate standing, but most of the good stuff(mods and weapons) are at max rank and those are usually the goal for most people I think, but with Quills and Ostrun, you need some of everything if you want to acquire the amps/zaws and that either means losing or halting progression.

Edited by (PS4)Valaois

Reaches rank 27 in under a month< I think this man plays more than a healthy amount of warframe

seriously you'd be playng constantly every single day to keep it going that fast.

Maybe I'm just a filthy casual

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

Edit: Cetus factions, not really bothered by the Syndicate factions as you can continuously progress forward with those

Ah there's the issue.

You want all of Cetus' content yesterday. Why though? When PoE hit my alt was MR5 I guess and I haven't had the urge to get the same loadout as my main account. In the meantime my alt is MR22 and has all the necessary weapons/Arcanes I need to feel comfortable for an alt (not a single Tridolon Hunt so no Guardian/Grace/Energize) and a 2-2-3 Amp. I can't be bothered with Toroid and Systems crap so I skip all Little Duck with it. 

What does it miss? 2 frames and some Prism...that's it.

Either take your time but don't complain or commit to the grind and go ham if you need things asap.

My main account is still missing weapons and frames from the last 3 or 4 PAs (No Wokung, no Redeemer, etc)...maybe I'll bother with these things when they open MR28 for me, Idk...

Reaches rank 27 in under a month< I think this man plays more than a healthy amount of warframe

That's why he quit I guess. Like I said "I don't advise this speed"

3 minutes ago, Art1198 said:

Maybe I'm just a filthy casual

Then don't complain about things you could change if you really wanted to

Just now, GnarlsDarkley said:

Ah there's the issue.

You want all of Cetus' content yesterday. Why though? When PoE hit my alt was MR5 I guess and I haven't had the urge to get the same loadout as my main account. In the meantime my alt is MR22 and has all the necessary weapons/Arcanes I need to feel comfortable for an alt (not a single Tridolon Hunt so no Guardian/Grace/Energize) and a 2-2-3 Amp. I can't be bothered with Toroid and Systems crap so I skip all Little Duck with it. 

Either take your time but don't complain or commit to the grind and go ham if you need things asap.

My main account is still missing weapons and frames from the last 3 or 4 PAs (No Wokung, no Redeemer, etc)...maybe I'll bother with these things when they open MR28 for me, Idk...

Sir you are very aggressive about this suggestion. Have you considered that perhaps maybe you should consume a pill of chill?

15 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Ah there's the issue.

I want Cetus content at a decent rate and currently, the rate isn't enjoyable imo. I added on to my edited bit in case you missed it on why I think the way it is now is bad.

Edit: It'd be nice if the standing cap reset when you ranked up AT LEAST.

Edited by (PS4)Valaois

Just now, Art1198 said:

Sir you are very aggressive about this suggestion

I didn't want to be rude. I am just stating facts. You want more Standing ---> get more.

And I gave you an example why it would be bad to remove the cap or extend it.

Have you considered that perhaps maybe you should consume a pill of chill?

I am chill...so chill in fact that I am considering going to bed (which I actually have to since it's 11pm)

1 minute ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

I want Cetus content at a decent rate and currently, the rate isn't enjoyable imo

It was worse when PoE launched. We had to buy bait blueprints which we had to craft. And the more rare fish baits needed less rare fish parts. You can just buy all bait with Standing now or just trade for the resources.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

If I want to progress with the Quills and upgrade amps, I'll need materials that you can acquire by buying blueprints from Ostron vendors,

Why do you want all Amps now? Get your hands on a 1-2-2 and it will suffice until max Rank

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

So I either buy this blueprint and waste a days worth of progression, or I just move forward with Ostrun and stick with my current amp, but if I stick with my current amp then I'm stuck with the same content I was for days now.

Exactly. It was your choice. I always chose to get to max Rank before buying from Vendors. Quills and LD were exceptions since you were forced to hunt Eidolons or the max Rank was 2 when released

24 minutes ago, (PS4)Valaois said:

At MR 14, my daily cap is 15k, one of the blueprints I need to upgrade amp costs 10k standing.

That's what I was saying earlier. If you feel this isn't enough Standing grind MR in the meantime.

Let's do a quick math: 15k Standing. That's about 100 fish and takes about 20 minutes?

This leaves plenty of time to run 1 or 2 times SO/Helene/Hydron and get 3 to 6 weapons to max and maybe one frame as well. So you capped your 15k Ostron and got 24k MR in about an hour. Add a Companion and its weapon and you got 33k MR and all your Syndicate Standing in Ostron and the Sigils you wear in 90 minutes at maximum. After 1 week you would be MR17 with only playing 90 minutes each day. 

At this point I can only repeat myself: If you need/want more Standing, get MR or take it slow. What do you do when you hit max Quills? Exactly...you don't care about it anymore just like I do

4 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I didn't want to be rude. I am just stating facts. You want more Standing ---> get more.

And I gave you an example why it would be bad to remove the cap or extend it.

I am chill...so chill in fact that I am considering going to bed (which I actually have to since it's 11pm)

It was worse when PoE launched. We had to buy bait blueprints which we had to craft. And the more rare fish baits needed less rare fish parts. You can just buy all bait with Standing now or just trade for the resources.

Why do you want all Amps now? Get your hands on a 1-2-2 and it will suffice until max Rank

Exactly. It was your choice. I always chose to get to max Rank before buying from Vendors. Quills and LD were exceptions since you were forced to hunt Eidolons or the max Rank was 2 when released

That's what I was saying earlier. If you feel this isn't enough Standing grind MR in the meantime.

Let's do a quick math: 15k Standing. That's about 100 fish and takes about 20 minutes?

This leaves plenty of time to run 1 or 2 times SO/Helene/Hydron and get 3 to 6 weapons to max and maybe one frame as well. So you capped your 15k Ostron and got 24k MR in about an hour. Add a Companion and its weapon and you got 33k MR and all your Syndicate Standing in Ostron and the Sigils you wear in 90 minutes at maximum. After 1 week you would be MR17 with only playing 90 minutes each day. 

At this point I can only repeat myself: If you need/want more Standing, get MR or take it slow. What do you do when you hit max Quills? Exactly...you don't care about it anymore just like I do

Unlike Syndicate standing, you can't level both Ostron and Quills at the same time progressing forward at a nice pace. In Syndicate factions, you actually have the option to buy stuff with standing WHILE still progressing in other factions, but in Cetus factions, you either do one or the other halting the progression of the other. Again, if I want to upgrade my amps to hunt the harder Eidolons, I HAVE to sacrifice progress with Ostron. If I'm progressing Ostron, I can't upgrade amps from Quills. Ofc there's the third option to just do both until max rank ignoring the content which conflicts with the whole point of standing caps: to stop us from consuming and blowing through the content too fast.

As far as MR leveling, that's exactly what I already do. I build weapons or frames to max while I'm waiting for the daily standing cap reset. I go farm fish for the 10-15mins it takes to reach max standing cap for the day then I go leveling. Gaining MR isn't anything new and it isn't the solution to the problem with Cetus standing caps. I've been leveling and gaining MR before Cetus existed and that hasn't changed. It's not like I suddenly stopped getting new gear just because I want to progress in Cetus factions.

Edited by (PS4)Valaois