The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls-like invasions

Integra.

Who doesn't know what it is - players can invade worlds of other players randomly, killing the host (or team) rewards the invader and slaying him rewards the host (or team).
This could work in some special missions like Dark Sectors instead of some special bad conditions.
 The difference form Dark Souls is that frames have more than one life and this is not a problem (like getting killed by stalker and continue mission) - so even if Invaders are some meta OP builds - you just die once in the worst case, no big deal (if you are not too sensitive).

How about this kind of test for pvp?

FASHION INVASION FRAMES!!!

Edited by Integra.

If it was just some new appearing alt-missions like Nightmare missions appear when you clear all nodes of the planet - why not? Who suffers?

This could work out and might give some reason to play warframe when everything is farmed and complete.  This si what ppl do when they beat Dark Souls - they stay for pvp for a lot more in the game.

Edited by Scar.brother.help.me
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

If it was just some new appearing alt-missions like Nightmare missions appear when you clear all nodes of the planet - why not? Who suffers?

This could work out and might give some reason to play warframe when everything is farmed and complete.  This si what ppl do when they beat Dark Souls - they stay for pvp for a lot more in the game.

This isn't Dark Souls; PvP is a self-contained thing which only a small percentage of people play for a reason. Putting any aspect of PvP into PvE would just make the game worse.

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

I'd be far more receptive to the notion of Warframe Battle Royal...... and I have zero interest in Warframe Battle Royal. 

Back when the highest unreachable mastery rank was called Grandmaster, I had the idea that the last test would simply pit the player against an onslaught of either players (highly unlikely) or an endless stream of player-made Specters.