Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Curious if anyone knows whether "detection" requirements have changed

(XBOX)D00M INCARNATE

Question

About a year or so ago I got a riven challege for completing a level 30 or higher exterminate without being detected. I finally figured out it's easy if you take a perma-invisible frame and a hush modded weapon.

So when the Nightwave challenge showed up for the exact same thing, I knew what to do and took to the void with my Octavia and Lanka.

Cut to a few days later, my wife and I are playing a sortie. She doesn't care about nightwave at all, so she hasn't done the challenge yet. We're derping our way through a 4 man exterminate, killing 250ish enemies...and at the end of the mission, it gives her the completed challenge....WHAT?! It was a good laugh, but now I'm super confused...did they change the "detection" requirements?

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

it gives her the completed challenge....WHAT?!

Pretty sure for the NW there is a bug where it says detected but really just mean not setting off the alarms. Where detected is more about the enemy themselves being alerted. Saw some other people talking about this same issue.

Summary: Poor wording in NW task?

IIRC if you do it in the Void tileset and kill the amount needed, you will complete the act no matter what happens. You could go running around with Rhino using the loudest weapon there is and it will still count as complete.

EDIT:  Posts above explained it. Probably just poor wording for the NW act.

Edited by Yxivi

3 minutes ago, Yxivi said:

IIRC if you do it in the Void tileset and kill the amount needed, you will complete the act no matter what happens. You could go running around with Rhino using the loudest weapon there is and it will still count as complete.

EDIT:  Posts above explained it. Probably just poor wording for the NW act.

I don't think the Corrupted trip alarms anyways do they?

I think you must be right about the wording.

Just now, (XB1)D00M INCARNATE said:

I don't think the Corrupted trip alarms anyways do they?

I think you must be right about the wording.

The void tileset doesn't have alarms and the NW act just requires you to not trigger alarms.
So it's either this is a wording issue or the act is bugged. But mostly likely just a wording issue coz it's been like this since NW series 1.

It happened to me on lua sortie, random team, I was with melee frost... so for me frost is the best stealth frame now.

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I've heard that the nightwave one is just don't trip the alarms, according to my alliance peeps.

that was last season, it's now "fixed" you have to be undetected

Edited by vegetosayajin

10 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

It happened to me on lua sortie, random team, I was with melee frost... so for me frost is the best stealth frame now.

that was last season, it's now "fixed" you have to be undetected

Are you sure? I didn't even notice I completed the act, all I remember was doing some fissure in the void tileset (Lua tileset doesn't have alarms too) and I don't really use "stealth tactic" when running fissures.

Edited by Yxivi

Well they said it in the last patch notes just before this season arrived.You have to be undetected, not only not trigger alarms (I think you can be undetected without a stealth frame if you kill quick enough).
Don't know how it happened with frost but it did.

Edited by vegetosayajin