Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Foundry Segment: Assembly Line

Owlway

The point of the matter is mostly that: materials that depend on reusable blueprints take little time to build and their construction in large numbers only wastes time, since they have to be renewed every minute, time you could use on a mission.

I'd gladly go back to the game to renovate buildings that require half-day or more, but being trapped in your Orbiter for energy plates is probably one of the reasons casual gamers turn away from the game.
This is the solution.

I just login daily to the app to claim and start forma. If they really wanted players to log into the game to do this, the app wouldn't have this functionality. Just give us the ability to create a queue of the same item already. They could even make it so we couldn't get any of the items in the queue until they are all done, which could hurt someone if they put 30 forma in the queue, making them think of smaller queues for some items.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-29 at 10:12 PM, Tsukinoki said:
On 2019-07-25 at 11:23 PM, FDParsifal said:

queue from the reusable blueprints

Forma isn't a reusable blueprint.

And in an instant I went from "Horrible Idea" to "Great Idea" XD Yes, standing in front of your workbench to restart 1min crafts does absolutely nothing for retention or anything else for that matter.

On 2019-07-31 at 1:16 AM, Vethalon said:

And in an instant I went from "Horrible Idea" to "Great Idea" XD Yes, standing in front of your workbench to restart 1min crafts does absolutely nothing for retention or anything else for that matter.

That's the point. Maybe you could also "stack" formas, building one every 12 hours without restarting the construction, but the main idea is that you can build construction materials, ciphers, plates without having to stare at the foundry. I'd love so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Forcing player engagement (where the player has to manually interact with the game) is probably important for F2P games. I would love a foundry assembly line but one of the main reasons I don't see it happening soon is because that daily login to grab tribute, start cooking a new forma, etc. is important to DE.

1 minute ago, sinnae said:

Forcing player engagement (where the player has to manually interact with the game) is probably important for F2P games. I would love a foundry assembly line but one of the main reasons I don't see it happening soon is because that daily login to grab tribute, start cooking a new forma, etc. is important to DE.

Forma isn't a reusable blueprint.

How I wrote:

On 2019-07-30 at 5:07 PM, FDParsifal said:

The point of the matter is mostly that: materials that depend on reusable blueprints take little time to build and their construction in large numbers only wastes time, since they have to be renewed every minute, time you could use on a mission.

I'd gladly go back to the game to renovate buildings that require half-day or more, but being trapped in your Orbiter for energy plates is probably one of the reasons casual gamers turn away from the game.
This is the solution.

I see no real downside to this. If you REALLY want to preserve the game's subversive appointment mechanics (because Stockholm Syndrome), we can limit this to either just reusable blueprints, or to items with a crafting time under an hour (or 10 minutes, inclusive). Let's face it - there's no gameplay to be had in either sitting at the Fabricator for 10 minutes repeatedly crafting the same item or repeatedly going back to the fabricator every time you come back from a mission like closing the door after entering a room. It also doesn't reduce the importance of 10-stack item blueprints, because those still craft for 60 seconds. A single-stack would produce 10 items in 10 minutes, a 10-stack would produce 100 items in 10 minutes.

What's more, turning this into a Foundry Segment offers players a bit more sense of progression as they develop their own Orbiter - something the game can really use more of I think.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-25 at 10:23 PM, FDParsifal said:

Hi,
after hours of playing and tons of items build, me and some other players were wondering if you could consider adding the following enhancement to the Foundry:

FOUNDRY SEGMENT ASSEMBLY LINE

Upgrades the Orbiter Foundry with the following functions:

- It allows you to create a construction queue from the reusable blueprints for a quantity you choose, consuming the required materials.

The Foundry will automatically withdraw the completed elements to start the next ones in the queue.

This will help the player concentrating more on the "playing" aspect rather than on farming and building. If you need to build 100 cipher you simply put 10x 10 Cipher in the building queue and keep playing.

It will simply "automate" the process of retrieving and re-building items, so we can spend less time in the Orbiter and more time around the System.

It will take the time needed to build each component and in order to rush it you will need a certain amount of Platinum, based on the number of items left in the queue.

Thank you for your attention and for all the effort you put in keeping this game greater and greater.

That would actually be nice!

13 hours ago, sinnae said:

This would be what I say if they didn't have the app. Don't even log in to the game directly anymore except on Sunday night.