Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soma Nerf

AmbyValkrine

This is a question straight to the developers and community. I have seen this gun in action and it is flawless. I was thinking of buying it but the problem is, I dont wanna spend a crap ton of materials and time just to find it get nerfed. So will this weapon be getting nerfed anytime soon? Comment below and let me know what you guys think if it should get nerfed or not. ( I hope it doesn't :D)!

It's not flawless... the reload time is sluggish and without Ammo Drum it is quite easy to run out of ammo. Not everyone has Ammo Mutation mod, or played during that weekend event to get the mod. Wild assumption a lot of people are assuming. Damage-wise I think it is really balanced. Why are Despair, Kunai and Hikou WAY OVERPOWERED... in comparison to Grakata etc. I have 7 forma in my Grakata, all mods are maxed out, potatoed etc. Crit dmg, serration, split chamber etc... all the dmg and crit mods. The gun still sucks horribly in comparison to a default unpotatoed Hikou or despair... There is a significant imbalance there. I don't even bother using Grakata anymore, 7 forma and it still sucks.

Edited by GrilledSalmonWithLemon

you forget 1 big thing the despair is really hard to gain weapon from the stalker that you try to set the same lvl with a marketplace easy to build weapon and sure there need be differents O.o and uhm yea why you even potato and forma a thing like THAT dont compare if you did it live with it if you want a other weapon or a better on get it but the despair discussion is useless cause this one is harder to get then a void weapon so his dmg got a reason O.o

ts your question is a stupid one.

first of all you should watch live stream. second of all new damage system is coming, so even if some weapons will be nerfed, that will happen after introduction of new system which is "mini update by itself". and last but not least - soma is still 3k mastery.

you forget 1 big thing the despair is really hard to gain weapon from the stalker that you try to set the same lvl with a marketplace easy to build weapon and sure there need be differents O.o and uhm yea why you even potato and forma a thing like THAT dont compare if you did it live with it if you want a other weapon or a better on get it but the despair discussion is useless cause this one is harder to get then a void weapon so his dmg got a reason O.o

IMO Hikou>Despair. Keep in mind my Grakata has 7 Forma, 7. Despair has only 2 polarity slots... with only 2 polarity slots why should it still be better than my SEVEN 7 forma grakata!? My despair was very easy to get, it's different for everyone. I got over a dozen blueprints waiting to be traded if they include this feature. Weapon blueprint spawns are different for everyone. I got Nekros 3 parts in 3 runs, nova took me over 30 runs... it's always random. To say a 2 polarity slot despair should still be better than a 7 polarity slot Grakata is just stupid.

This is a question straight to the developers and community. I have seen this gun in action and it is flawless. I was thinking of buying it but the problem is, I dont wanna spend a crap ton of materials and time just to find it get nerfed. So will this weapon be getting nerfed anytime soon? Comment below and let me know what you guys think if it should get nerfed or not. ( I hope it doesn't :D)!

42:00-45:00 Scott talks about the Soma.

IMO Hikou>Despair. Keep in mind my Grakata has 7 Forma, 7. Despair has only 2 polarity slots... with only 2 polarity slots why should it still be better than my SEVEN 7 forma grakata!? My despair was very easy to get, it's different for everyone. I got over a dozen blueprints waiting to be traded if they include this feature. Weapon blueprint spawns are different for everyone. I got Nekros 3 parts in 3 runs, nova took me over 30 runs... it's always random. To say a 2 polarity slot despair should still be better than a 7 polarity slot Grakata is just stupid.

Some weapons are not as good as others, and my question... Why did you spend 7 formas on such a horrible weapon? Where is the common sense? Grataka were always a horrible weapon pass missions level 35. It doesn't scale well, and to you question about how despair is such a better weapon I can say one thing,

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Despair

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Grakata

Power Creep is serious and could easily be the end of warframe.

Power creep is a an issues on card games and pvp far more than PVE. That video is misleading, more games surviving because of the power creep is the core mechanics of progression towards the endgame. Lack of vertical progression leads to stagnation in a PVE game and should be avoided just a vehemently as power creep should be avoided in pvp.

Some weapons are not as good as others, and my question... Why did you spend 7 formas on such a horrible weapon? Where is the common sense? Grataka were always a horrible weapon pass missions level 35. It doesn't scale well, and to you question about how despair is such a better weapon I can say one thing,

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Despair

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Grakata

Wrong thread, wrong subject, wrong weapons.

Power Creep is serious and could easily be the end of warframe.

after looking at the video the message is power creep is bad but then

i wonder why world of warcraft is still the most successfull MMO since almost a decade now, is it because the fact that they use powercreep?

seriously if you tae a break from the game (warframe or any MMO) and log in a year later and your weapons are still the best S#&$ out there where is the intention to ever log online again or where is the intention to keep the people playing?

i think new stronger weapons and enemies is what drives people to play this game longer and further its the same method to keep MMOs like WOW alive.

It's not flawless... the reload time is sluggish and without Ammo Drum it is quite easy to run out of ammo. Not everyone has Ammo Mutation mod, or played during that weekend event to get the mod. Wild assumption a lot of people are assuming. Damage-wise I think it is really balanced. Why are Despair, Kunai and Hikou WAY OVERPOWERED... in comparison to Grakata etc. I have 7 forma in my Grakata, all mods are maxed out, potatoed etc. Crit dmg, serration, split chamber etc... all the dmg and crit mods. The gun still sucks horribly in comparison to a default unpotatoed Hikou or despair... There is a significant imbalance there. I don't even bother using Grakata anymore, 7 forma and it still sucks.

grakata is a lowtier weap.