Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you be ok with high level exclusive enemies?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Teoarrk:

The wolf sledge does not follow that philosophy. The braton and lato vandal are behind considerable grinds. The best arcanes are similarly behind considerable grinds. There is difficulty exclusive content in this game. Just because someone can pay to bypass the grind doesn't mean there isn't value in it, in fact the fact that there is value to be earned from selling off those exclusive rewards mean that achievements are possible in this game with quantifiable value. 

The wolf sledge doesn't follow this philosophy because the decision whether you got it or not was based on random numbers. IMO the only thing that can be seen as endgame content, at least from a new player's perspective, is eidolon hunts. It has some sort of gear and skill check at least if you want to cap more than two or three Hydrolists during one night. For an experienced player it's a simple farm. That's the reason why endgame content needs seperate evolution parallel to regular content. That's for example the reason why MMORPGs get new raids on regular basis. One more dificult than the previous. This is missing in WF. 

I don't think it's about quantifiable value of given content. It's about having something challenging to do, no matter if you play this game for a week, month or for years. Endgame is to challenge experienced players. 

I highly doubt that DE has an interest in creating real endgame content in this game at all. Why would they do it? Less veterans would cause higher market prices would cause a higher plat drain from new players would resault into higher plat sales. Ok, this is where the conspiracy theory kicks in. Don't take this one serious. 🙂

9 minutes ago, Softballbryan said:

Give us all kinds of difficulty options

user created maps/levels/conditionals/starting difficulty 

difficulty sliders

high level solar systems restricted by progress/hours/mr

tiered events like sorties but more of them and all over the place (open worlds)

random brutal boss

etc

edit: rewards need not be amazing either in my opinion 

The user created anything is kind of a no - the time DE would spend creating the map would now need to be spent (possibly even more time) checking every part of it making sure it's good enough and has no exploitation or problems with it.

I'm on the fence about sliders, I'd just like faster dynamic difficulty. Most people (as an example) stay at hydron for 10 waves, that could be the 'normal' difficulty, 15-20 (under a new balance system) could be considered hard, then past wave 20 is 'endurance run territory'. Taking all of 15 minutes to get there, with scaling rewards (AABC to ABBC + , eventually capping at BBCC like disruption), and would make it more accessible for new players that want a challenge, without alienating either or.

So instead of "SELECT YOUR DIFFICULTY" it would just naturally segway through the difficulties, if you stay in an endurance session. So instead of splitting up the playerbase, you might get a 'hard or very hard player" playing, say hydron, and be might bring a new player - that otherwise wouldn't stay - along with him, because he has someone else capable.   

TLDR - I prefer dynamic 'segway through difficulties' - over a slider or "choose your difficulty". I feel it doesn't breakup the playerbase, like I feel it would under a typical difficulty system.

High level solar systems shouldn't be restricted by - anything really. The only things I would maybe put a restriction on, is before you can reach hydron you need to do War Within. Then if you want to do eidolon missions you need War Within + (a quest that doesn't exist now that would give you the parts for a 1/1/1 amp after completion so new players can fight Eidolons sooner).        Other than that, MR doesn't really mean much - there are great weapons under MR 8.

So basically take the sortie formula, put a spin on it - and give interesting rewards from normal, nightmare and open world missions? Cool, I'm down for that, would also mean that Sortie would need a difficulty buff to make it stand out from everything else, and I'm definitely down for that.

I assume this means random boss or mini-boss that spawns during endless missions every 5 minutes with unique loot? I've wanted that for awhile.

I don't think rewards need to be amazing, just reasonable. Arbitration's 900-1200 endo per 10 minutes is reasonable, what makes it feel worse is the 10 minute wait per cycle.  They could give kuva, endo, unique mods etc, and I think most would be happy with that. And when I say unique mods, I mean useful ones, not like the amalgam mods.

2 hours ago, bl1te said:

OP, try going into PoE at night.

I'm talking about special mobs, not time gated bosses.

Like in Borderlands series where there are exclusive enemies (mobs) for each dificulty level and even minibosses (exclusive to that mode) start spawning. The drops could range from endo to kuva… Hell, even Vitus essense. Yes, I admit it, I hate playing Arbitrations and seeing the same faces that I see on E. Prime (Earth tile).