Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you be ok with high level exclusive enemies?

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

Maybe?

What I would actually want is bosses or mini bosses just showing up as regular enemies, like in old beat em ups! 

this ! make missions more dynamic like how a capture can turn into an exterminate, etc...

This system exists in warframe already. If you study base levels of several units you'll see:

1. that Elite Lancers and Elite Crewmen only appear from level 15 and up, increasing in numbers over the non-elites as levels go up.

2. that units like Bombards, Napalms, Noxes etc. only spawn after some time/waves in the mission have passed, and only at "higher levels".

3. that OV has an entire "Elite" lineup that only appears at higher levels.

Etc.

Edited by HugintheCrow

4 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

what´s "high level"?
- some say 100 aka sortie
- some say where you get onehit with every frame
- some say every mission above 1/2/3hrs
- some say only missions reaching the max level of 9999
- etc.

Oh yeah theres that too a level 10004 shadow stalker.

At what level exactly and what rare would they drop at what rate to make it worth it.

Making something a bullet sponge isn't fun and since we all play at different levels.  We each enjoy a different challenge.

And if one obtained said rare items would it be worth the hassle to get more?

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

If I could regularly play level 100 content I would be fine with that. As of now I only have a few options:

Kuva Floods, which don't last long and only spawn about every 15-20 minutes.

Sortie 3, only once a day.

Arbitrations yet it takes about 20-30 minutes to get there.

Mot or Taveuni (Kuva Survival) but that too can take 30-40 minutes.

So my choices are basically endless runs or several missions an hour.

If I had way to scale Kuva Siphons up to level 100, I would play those a lot. No need to award more Kuva than a normal Siphon. My other option is equipping an Extinguished Dragon Key, which I do.

If we had a difficulty slider, I think that would be awesome. I would start nearly all of my missions in the level 80-100 range.

35 minutes ago, novalery said:

Like john prodman?

I wouldn't mind for 'case me' mini-bosses like him with goofy, wacky or fun collectibles. He's a great gag character that is pretty recognizable and quite hilarious when you learn of his backstory. Would love to have more of those, along with more 'serious' lore-focused mini-bosses that are more mechanically challenging, that give good unique rewards worth the time and effort.

Great part is, it wouldn't be hard to add them, and they could have different types for different endless missions. Giving a reason to play other endless missions like salvage and defection (especially if they give those game modes a facelift).

That depends on exactly how high of a level we are talking. I don’t like the idea of the best rewards in the game being tied to content that is designed to be exclusive to a certain subset of players. Needing to work up to the best stuff over time? Sure. But putting the good stuff in a level 200 mission? Absolutely not.

58 minutes ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Like in many games, there are special enemy units that are exclusive to high level content and they yield the best drop chances for the rarest of ítems.

Would this be a good direction for Warframe? 

The problem is that each person have a definition of high level. Same for endgame. Same for good rewards.

Edited by -OP-NerevarCM

4 hours ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Like in many games, there are special enemy units that are exclusive to high level content and they yield the best drop chances for the rarest of ítems.

If they are significantly harder than normal enemies. Similar to a nox or something and level players or weapons will die very quickly then yes. 

I'd love higher level much harder content. Especially if it gave better rewards 

You mean something like Manic (health gate, chance for Ash), Juggernaut (summonable, needed for Atlas and last time I checked Pherliac Pods were useless), Nox (a weak point and a chance for Aura), Syndicate Assassins (a mob of Eximus with a chance for BP) or Thumper (bullet sink, moving weak points and loads of mats)?

I would love more field bosses. G3 is still lore relevant if you consider their (death in the Law of Retribution) to be non-canon. Zanuka hunter is lacking, but has one of the most unique missions in the game after a defeat and the Juggernaut is the most mechanically challenging field boss. Corrupted Vor is a meme and has been neglected for years. More variety and challenge would be welcome.

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

It would be nice. Even if that enemy was like the Wolf. I just want an enemy that can't be oneshoted.

Ironically I really liked the wolf fight. It was the first time in forever that I felt like I needed to build a weapon just for him. And even after that he didn't go down without putting up a fight.

We'll never see it happen since DE has the everyone-can-get-everything concept. The thing is that it needs to have exclusive items otherwise it would be pointless to implement features like high level field bosses or something like that. High level exclusive enemies would require a certain kind of skill or at least endurance check. On one hand people would complain about gameplay relevant items even at the current state of power creep. On the other hand people would go enrage about exclusive cosmetic items as a reward.

I'm safe to say that exclusive items will never find a way into this game because people will want to have'em even if they don't need'em. Just because they can or in the other case can't. 

45 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

We'll never see it happen since DE has the everyone-can-get-everything concept. The thing is that it needs to have exclusive items otherwise it would be pointless to implement features like high level field bosses or something like that. High level exclusive enemies would require a certain kind of skill or at least endurance check. On one hand people would complain about gameplay relevant items even at the current state of power creep. On the other hand people would go enrage about exclusive cosmetic items as a reward.

I'm safe to say that exclusive items will never find a way into this game because people will want to have'em even if they don't need'em. Just because they can or in the other case can't. 

The wolf sledge does not follow that philosophy. The braton and lato vandal are behind considerable grinds. The best arcanes are similarly behind considerable grinds. There is difficulty exclusive content in this game. Just because someone can pay to bypass the grind doesn't mean there isn't value in it, in fact the fact that there is value to be earned from selling off those exclusive rewards mean that achievements are possible in this game with quantifiable value. 

11 hours ago, (PS4)poloslash18 said:

Yep. 

Some surprise would never hurt. Something next level to Nox. 

Edited by YazMatazO

2 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

It's pretty hard to do that when they evaporate by looking at them funny... 

I had that thought when I posted. Still, at least more interesting than “run at you and occasionally crouch behind boxes.” Maybe some infested that run across the ceiling  

Hell, just new things to look at before they evaporate would be nice. I don’t bother much with 100+ level enemies because they’re the same stuff as always but require more ammo. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

Give us all kinds of difficulty options

user created maps/levels/conditionals/starting difficulty 

difficulty sliders

high level solar systems restricted by progress/hours/mr

tiered events like sorties but more of them and all over the place (open worlds)

random brutal boss

etc

edit: rewards need not be amazing either in my opinion 

Edited by Softballbryan