Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis won't level past r15.

BloodForCavalero

Question

7 answers to this question

On 2019-07-31 at 3:31 PM, NightmareT12 said:

Can I ask what method you were using to level it up?

Just doing void missions and invasions on "Public". Something I've always done.

I eventually looked up the problem I was having, and found out that placing formas allows the weapon to reach r40. Basically, you have to place 5 forma into it.

4 hours ago, GrazedZero said:

Just doing void missions and invasions on "Public". Something I've always done.

I eventually looked up the problem I was having, and found out that placing formas allows the weapon to reach r40. Basically, you have to place 5 forma into it.

Still doesn't make sense, it should stop at rank 30, 32,34,36,38,40, after putting the forma, but you stated that it stopped at rank 15.

Le 31/7/2019 à 17:44, GrazedZero a dit :

Unlike other weapons/gear, the paracesis won't gain affinity unless you actually use it. 

Shame, really. I was hoping to level it quickly.

Hum... Are you sure about that ? 

I got the para to 5 formas without really playing much with it, leveled it like any other weapon.

And such a big mechanical change would have surely been noted in the wiki. But there is nothing in the wiki concerning exp repartition...

For all I can see, it's false, it takes XP like all other weapons.

Where it can change is how you get XP. That other dude was not asking what mission you do, but how you killed ennemies. If you take a majority of the kills with a rifle and your frame powers, all the XP will go to your frame and rifle, nothing for the rest.

Your para will lvlup only with kills from allies as long as you're not using it. So if they're bad or you're taking all the kills, well, para won't lvlup.

On 2019-07-31 at 11:44 PM, GrazedZero said:

Unlike other weapons/gear, the paracesis won't gain affinity unless you actually use it. 

I'm not questioning your answer but did they change this recently? Mine is level 40 long time ago and I clearly remembered barely using it because I don't like great swords much (still don't).

3 hours ago, (NSW)Lunavay said:

I'm not questioning your answer but did they change this recently? Mine is level 40 long time ago and I clearly remembered barely using it because I don't like great swords much (still don't).

Nope, mine hit level 40 yesterday and I also rarely used it. Don't know what happened to op but it gained xp as everything else.