Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator face after update 25.4.0

(NSW)1kSakura

I wanted to cry when I first saw this. I JUST bought my operator new hair and she looked REALLY good with this, but when i opened the focus chair I got trypophobia-like goosebumps and wanted to vomit. Please help us with this issue T_T even the decoration interface was super confusing...

At least we're not alone with this issue 😕 My Ops suffers the same issue.

Luckily for me i could at least fix the molten face by maxing the face blend. But i have to add there that it is only because i have luck with picking the right faces so that the first looks molten, but as soon as the secondary fully blends in it smoothes again.

Tried quite a lot Combos out, male body and female alike, and so far only 1 single set-up (which gives your Operator the female body) worked out to enable this fixing method. Any other looks like molten pixel wax 😞

And yes: My Ops looks like a freshly shaved sheep as well. The ONLY haircut that works completely normal is the Rasta-Pony where the rest of the head is shavef bold. Everything else:

GONE!

So pls, Pls DE:

Fix it! 

Edited by (NSW)Arcen54

Thanks all. I'm so sorry about the operator mess this last patch! I have a fix in-house but will have to wait until the next patch to ship it.

Operator face: I think this is specifically a blending issue, so if you only blend to 1 face then it should look normal
Operator hair: This only seems to affect older hairstyles, the new ones look fine. I believe its because the old hairstyles worked differently under the hood

1 hour ago, [DE]JoshB said:

Thanks all. I'm so sorry about the operator mess this last patch! I have a fix in-house but will have to wait until the next patch to ship it.

Operator face: I think this is specifically a blending issue, so if you only blend to 1 face then it should look normal
Operator hair: This only seems to affect older hairstyles, the new ones look fine. I believe its because the old hairstyles worked differently under the hood

Why next patch?  Shouldn't this be a hot fix?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, (NSW)FE-ROYal said:

My operator's face has gone broken...my map doesn't show my location on missions and the animal tracks in orb valis have gone missing since the last update

Wow, did they test this patch before releasing it?  Like, this is stuff that is easily noticeable.

7 hours ago, [DE]JoshB said:

Does this mean we have to wait for the next major patch, or will something be pushed out to fix some of these really bad display bugs once enough are squashed? I'm really missing my minimap indicator, people doing conservation have weird footprints while tracking, fishers are missing fish, the occasional glitched out textures sometimes appear, these are pretty off putting. Imagine someone getting to the second dream and playing with the character editor after experiencing some of those bugs. Yikes!

I know it probably isn't specifically your job to get a patch organized, but I hope DE as a whole are treating this with the urgency it deserves. Game's on fire, mate.

3 hours ago, (NSW)Henalie said:

I too have this problem and second the thought that said "do they even test?" it's pretty freakin' obvious.

Next patch sounds like a long time to wait for a fix though, it's also pretty freakin' disturbing.

It is baffling that it made it through, it is possible they had it working when they tested it in unrealed or something. I can't imagine they didn't test the face blend at all, surely whoever worked on the shaders associated with the main character's face blending had at least a quick check to see if it even functions. Whatever happened, I hope they learned a valuable lesson. I just want to not have to wear a mask because my operator now looks like some 3rd grade teacher named Muriel who is one year from retirement. This is child abuse!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-02 at 11:31 PM, [DE]JoshB said:

Ah DE

1 Hand makes an amazingly fun, beautifly looking game with the sweetest comunity yet

On the otherhand suspends me for privatley telling KickBot to "KavatYourSelf", and makes the operator face look like melted wax, and hair not load. Like, at all.

P.S. i already sent my ticket to support for the DM to KickBot

P.S.S in the meantime ill wait paitiently for the fix, and enjoy that devstream. Thanks Josh

Edited by (NSW)T4piok4
Forgot to say something