Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very old nerfs you think could be reverted

TioMegaManX

Sometimes I think, Harrow has a bit of invincibility on his 4th ability, something that can be "abused" if you build it to last just enough, still, Trinity had her 4th ability nerfed so it provided damage reduction long ago (which ultimately is useless with the game's damage scaling), wouldn't it be easier to just split the duration to provide a small but noticeable window of invincibility and then the rest as reduction? it doesn't even go beyond 75% in this case, but of course, that's just me, I know 99% of the players think the game is perfect as it is, what does the remaining 1% think could be reverted considering the game has changed quite a bit over the years?

EDIT: If you just come here and say "it will never happen" then save some time and move along, this isn't a petition, is just wishful thinking and just maybe a discussion to understand the viability of some of those changes.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Imagine for a moment that I don't know every frame and their changes over the years and please elaborate, try to also make a case for why it would be OK to revert it in the current situation please.

They wont revert it so im not gonna do that. I'm just gonna leave my option and see who can relate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

It's S.Dust. 

You can expect these kinds of things from them, if you've been following the quality of their threads in GD. 

I haven't, I usually expect to have a somewhat civil discussion and a ton of shills telling me to be grateful I was born in the same age as Digital Extremes.

Just now, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

the probability of rollback is essentially 0% DE will commit to their nerf rather than admittingthat they made a huge mistake

I wouldn't just call them all "mistakes" like that, but the game has changed since then, I can only hope they aren't as stubborn as the Overwatch team.

Greedy pull mag.

Only reason it was nerfed is because it provided constant energy to channeled abilities (eg. mesa when she was just a turret), and nowadays all the dps frames can be easily supplied by an EV trinity. Even if Gmag affected loot for all members of the squad again it wouldn't mean anything for the meta; it would just be a great quality of life improvement.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I wouldn't just call them all "mistakes" like that, but the game has changed since then, I can only hope they aren't as stubborn as the Overwatch team.

They're more likely to do a full overhaul than revert a change, but the problem with that is they take like Infinity plus two years to actually get around to reworks.

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

I haven't, I usually expect to have a somewhat civil discussion and a ton of shills telling me to be grateful I was born in the same age as Digital Extremes.

Civil Discussion? In GD? Gimme what you're on. :P 

But that being said, if we're talking about nerfs that I would like to see back, Limbo's catabomb I guess? I miss clearing a section of the map just like that, though it's probably very 'player unfriendly'. 

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

Nice to know I have a fan 😉

Totally! I still have a good laugh over your thread where you complained DE doesn't do enough to announce things, and people telling you they do so on the forums/twitter was not enough for you. 10/10 quality. 

1 minute ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Greedy pull mag.

Did they change it because it pulled energy to nuke AFK frames or something? because I recall someone saying it allowed Mesa to stay in permanent desperado mode but wasn't Mesa also able to keep shooting without aiming and her FoV never reduced?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

But that being said, if we're talking about nerfs that I would like to see back, Limbo's catabomb I guess? I miss clearing a section of the map just like that, though it's probably very 'player unfriendly'. 

Wait, so it used to deal real damage or how did it work?

1 minute ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Did they change it because it pulled energy to nuke AFK frames or something? because I recall someone saying it allowed Mesa to stay in permanent desperado mode but wasn't Mesa also able to keep shooting without aiming and her FoV never reduced?

Pretty much, yeah. I edited my original post a bit to explain. Back in those days Mesa didn't have an aim circle, and didn't scale damage off pistol mods, so she was basically a stationary turret that killed anything in line of sight (though she didn't scale nearly as well as she does now).

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

Just now, sleepychewbacca said:

Totally! I still have a good laugh over your thread where you complained DE doesn't do enough to announce things, and people telling you they do so on the forums/twitter was not enough for you. 10/10 quality. 

And my opinion hasn't changed WE HAVE A MAILBOX IN GAME they can easily just send it to the one thing we cant miss. But no they choose to believe that every member of their community is so absorbed in their game that they check their twitter or the forums. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Pretty much, yeah. I edited my original post a bit to explain.

Then that's one nerf I think serves little to no purpose now, who else has a channeled ability that breaks the game as long as something pulls energy to them?

Just now, VanFanel1980mx said:

DE is known for overshooting their nerf rendering the target unusable. during transition the usage of the the item becomes 0.

DE usually do the exact opposite thing the players are asking. if you are around the Universal Vaccuum Era you know what i mean. 

but that does not mean de is bad. they are one of the mosr fair and ambitious developer around. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

DE is known for overshooting their nerf rendering the target unusable. during transition the usage of the the item becomes 0.

DE usually do the exact opposite thing the players are asking. if you are around the Universal Vaccuum Era you know what i mean. 

but that does not mean de is bad. they are one of the mosr fair and ambitious developer around. 

I still wonder what's the reasoning behind "no Univac" because even Mag's passive would be good as an alternative to me.

If you want an honest explanation for the ember nerf here it is. They thought she wasn't interactive enough since you use to be able to just turn on world on fire and just run through low level missions kinda like you can now with equinox maim. It didn't use to have the energy drain it does now or decreasing range after a few seconds It didn't scale but it served its purpose as a low level killer. A bunch of winy low ranking players complained that it ruined their fun having an ember just run ahead and having everything die just because she got close so they nerfed her to the ground even though other frames can do what she use to still. They changed some other stuff but world on fire is what really matter. There is your explanation if you want to know more find it yourself.