Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pick your Handler

Avrose

I been giving a lot of thought too the missing Lotus problem. Right now in lore Ordis is jury rigging a Lotus proxy while he manages all the fine points off screen.

While this arrangement is likely temporary and the Lotus may yet return I have been thinking about all the times others have filled in.

Darvo (Man of Few Words), Teshin (Natah), even Ordis directly in the sentient missions on Jupiter.

I'm wondering with the community split on welcoming back Space Mom maybe having the option to choose our handlers would be worth it.

Frankly I'd pay plat to have Teshin especially after War Within.

• Like 2

There are far too many voice lines that would need recording to have much of a choice. The guy that voices Teshin is a professional voice actor so that would get a bit costly. I have suspected for a while that Ordis would be taking over since he is already in game and voiced by one of DE's weapons designers (and very well IMHO for a non-professional voice actor). The fact that he is the handler for the reworked gas city makes me even more sure it will be Ordis. Not sure about who voices Darvo.

Then again we have Cephalon Cy coming in Empyrean, so maybe it will be him?

1 hour ago, Shalath said:

There are far too many voice lines that would need recording to have much of a choice. The guy that voices Teshin is a professional voice actor so that would get a bit costly. I have suspected for a while that Ordis would be taking over since he is already in game and voiced by one of DE's weapons designers (and very well IMHO for a non-professional voice actor). The fact that he is the handler for the reworked gas city makes me even more sure it will be Ordis. Not sure about who voices Darvo.

Then again we have Cephalon Cy coming in Empyrean, so maybe it will be him?

They could also go for a 'different handler for different mission types' approach.

Cy for Railjack, Ordis for tilesets - maybe both sometimes?

One thought I have is maybe we become our own handler? Like the Operator mumbles about the mission objectives, reminding themselves or just out of habit.

"Capture mission. Nice quick in-and-out. Unless I feel like it." (referencing the 'leave nothing alive)

"I hope you weren't too fond of that data, because it's mine now!" (spy, interception, any time we're stealing data)

"This ship wasn't even military... they were civilian, and the infestation took them anyway. I won't let it be in vain - Ordis, get ready to decode the manifests, we're taking the cargo and using it to cull this plague." (infested salvage)