Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee

(PSN)Okamikai30

Hey guys, just a curiousity post here again

What do y'all think of Banshee? 

I personally don't really like her...I'm using and mastering her for the MR experience but otherwise? I don't particularly like her. It might be because I may not be using her right? But yea, she doesn't seem all that good to me, but hey! I wanna know what y'all think! Do y'all think Banshee is good? Why or why not? 

Just now, GinKenshin said:

this is not feedback my friend 

Then where do you suggest I put it? 

Considering this is under "Warframes" where else would it go? 

PS. Saying whether a Warframe is good or bad is Feedback, if a Warframe is concluded to be bad by a large community, that's feedback to the developers of what doesn't work, where as if a Warframe is concluded to be good by a large community that's feedback tl the developers of what does work 😉

1 hour ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

Saying whether a Warframe is good or bad is Feedback

It's only feedback if you give reasons why.

There are several ways to use banshee properly and they largely have to do with her augments. 

The first one is the boring one with no augments. Max out strength, range and efficiency. press 4 and watch netflix or something. 

Second is with Resonance augment and just deal massive amounts of damage even with unmodded weapons this trades efficiency for duration, but is largely the same as the sound quake build (for me). 

Third, Savage Silence. With low range you are close enough to enemies when they are staggered by the ability to easily do finishers with it and with Arcane Trickery, you can stay stealth forever if you do it well. You don't have to do finishers with all of your enemies. Just make sure to do one every 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 Seconds (depending on rank).

The main reason why she is not used that often is because of her squishy nature and the specifics of her abilities. Most warframes don't require you to aim to deal a lot of damage. 

I go through faces with which warframe I like to play with and I went for a long time using Banshee Resonance build for a while. It was good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (NSW)KentInkOVanheim said:

It's only feedback if you give reasons why.

There are several ways to use banshee properly and they largely have to do with her augments. 

The first one is the boring one with no augments. Max out strength, range and efficiency. press 4 and watch netflix or something. 

Second is with Resonance augment and just deal massive amounts of damage even with unmodded weapons this trades efficiency for duration, but is largely the same as the sound quake build (for me). 

Third, Savage Silence. With low range you are close enough to enemies when they are staggered by the ability to easily do finishers with it and with Arcane Trickery, you can stay stealth forever if you do it well. You don't have to do finishers with all of your enemies. Just make sure to do one every 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 Seconds (depending on rank).

The main reason why she is not used that often is because of her squishy nature and the specifics of her abilities. Most warframes don't require you to aim to deal a lot of damage. 

I go through faces with which warframe I like to play with and I went for a long time using Banshee Resonance build for a while. It was good.

I didn't list reasons why I dislike her because I was like 99% sure I'm using her wrong, which is why I asked "why or why not" after asking "do you guys think she's bad" 

It's good to know she's a more situational Warframe, I'm not terribly good with situational Warframes so that explains why I don't like her xD

id say people tend not to like her because of her survivability, it didnt used to be much of a issue with careful play but as the game evolved she is really lacking in content where u need to be self-sufficient and cannot avoid damage etc

meanwhile you have frames like mesa that good all the love, strong defence, mitigation, while spitting out all the damage so very inconsistent in the whole dmg amplification vs defence debate

the old soundquake spam made her generic and disliked, her history is - on release: super ult spam, nerfed then sonar tactical play, back to ult spam, ult nerfed again and here we are, stats showed she was one of the least popular overall warframes and neglected for overhaul prob because of that

if just one of her abilities or even augment would provide her some sort of damage mitigation it would go a really long way, im sure there are many plausible ways soundwaves and sonic energy could provide that

1 hour ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

PS. Saying whether a Warframe is good or bad is Feedback, if a Warframe is concluded to be bad by a large community, that's feedback to the developers of what doesn't work, where as if a Warframe is concluded to be good by a large community that's feedback tl the developers of what does work 

General discussion would be more fitting, first impressions about a frame are really not feedback material, play the frame some more-try different builds to form an opinion.

I'm personally thinking about changing a few things about Banshee to have an overall functional kit, but like already said it's really good already currently.

Things i would change:

-Increase Sonic Boom base ability range, build Sonic Fracture into the main ability

-Change Sonar weakspots to slowly (~10 sec)move to head hitboxes, add Resonance to the base ability

-Add a slider to Silence's range, also build the Savage Silence augment into the base ability

-Replace Quake with an invis on trigger ability that triggers on headshots for a ~7 second invis for a low energy cost, further headshots would give diminishing returns, 1 seconds less each until it would give only one, this would be a toggle but wouldn't interfere with any sorts of energy gains (this would work similarly to Arcane Trickery, but with headshots and slowly stacking duration)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Okamikai30 said:

Then where do you suggest I put it? 

Considering this is under "Warframes" where else would it go? 

PS. Saying whether a Warframe is good or bad is Feedback, if a Warframe is concluded to be bad by a large community, that's feedback to the developers of what doesn't work, where as if a Warframe is concluded to be good by a large community that's feedback tl the developers of what does work 😉

Feedback: as in we give DE feedback on Warframes. Not ask other people’s opinions on stuff. That what General Discussion is for.

• Like 1

I feel like when she uses Sound Quake she shouldn't take any damage, just because it does like...nothing..

Idk, her abilities seem cool but using them it's more or less like "what's the point in using her abilities when they don't seem to do much and she takes so much damage, but eh as I've said before, I'm not good with situational Warframes. 

As for those telling me where this kind of discussion belongs, thank you, I explained how this could be seen as feedback (that was more or less me just being silly) I won't remove this specific one (because it'll die out pretty quickly) but any future posts similar to this that I'll post, I will post in the correct spot ☺️