Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please add focus augments into the game....

jiminatorx

Not for me, since I have been capped on focus forever, but for others. These would apply to either frames or weapons, maybe 4x types (frame,primary,secondary,melee) x 5 schools and would require matching polarity to be slotted. You have to give up a regular augment slot to use. Maybe instead of being leveled up by endo they get leveled up by focus lenses of the matching type. they would work with any equipped lenses exactly the same way, a bump to maxing out the focus per day.

1 час назад, WhiteMarker сказал:

And what would these focus augments do?
What's the point of them? How are the beneficial?

Tell a bit more about your idea.

What I guess he means is: make focus farm take less than 100 years. So I assume those augments are supposed to increase focus gain for a piece of equipment they are slotted in.

1 minute ago, Darth_Predator said:

What I guess he means is: make focus farm take less than 100 years. So I assume those augments are supposed to increase focus gain for a piece of equipment they are slotted in.

Ah, I see. Wonder why OP couldn't say that...

Aren't Eidolon Shards not enough? They generate Focus quite well. And you get Arcanes aswell.

Только что, WhiteMarker сказал:

Aren't Eidolon Shards not enough? They generate Focus quite well. And you get Arcanes aswell.

That heavily depends. One can lack knowledge of shards or being not equipped to fight Terry. Same can apply to ESO farms. In case of OP it is weird to ask for increase, but in case of new players I would tend to agree focus gains can be increased a bit. Or at least make lenses acquisition a bit more reliable, you can run bounty for 100 times and see 0  lenses from it. Sell them for rep or something.

• Like 1

They should probably have a method for refining sentient cores into synthetic eidolon shards or something. That would help. Really I feel like they should just double or triple the speed at which players can expect to max your capacity and school unlocks and be done with it. This was a system for tiding people over with something to do between the the second dream and the war within and then the war within to the sacrifice, mostly.... For new players, there is actually a great deal of content, so that "busywork" system is no longer needed and is actually serving as an obstruction to immersion in the game. 

So while I get that older players don't want "young whipper snappers" to catch up to their progress, and mostly want them to "get off their lawn", dramatically shortening the time it takes to grind off your focus will make the game more accessible to newer players and improve new player retention, which is to DE's financial benefit..... True. Some veteran players will be quick to tell you all about how "in my day we had to walk 10 miles through the snow, up hill, both ways to complete our focus school!" but just because they had to doesn't mean the system should stay that way. I mean. People use to ride around on horses, we created cars for a reason. 

i would say they should not grant bonus focus because focus grind is easy, and if you think it's hard your priorities are wrong and you don't technically need them except for content that requires it as a shoe horned in mandated notion... but i do like the idea of the possibility of warframes integrating with focus schools, having mods that affect your focus school and how it works would be neat (especially since focus lenses do nothing for vets, it's just a dead slot and if we could do something with it that would be cool), but my main concern is even more power creep than we already have.  operators are already excessively op and make your warframe op as hell.  if there was augments that did something useful and interesting that would be cool, so long as they don't decrease your time to nuke a tile from .5 seconds to .1 seconds.  i"m not saying we should nerf everything<but rather that they should have challenges that work for the power level of the game, which they do not.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

The general idea is to have a mod that allows you to accumulate focus. Since it is a mod it can be used on different weapons and frames at once. Building the mod would be an alternative to the current "permanent" installation of a lens, although they can be done together for more benefit.