Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invasion Overhaul, or something...

TaurusDeRoma

Invasions aren't always engaging. Maybe they are for a mission or two, but they do get quite stale, and end up being a chore. The Origin System is at war, that point is clear, but do the conflicts have to be so static? They should be more dynamic and interesting, like the Tube-men of Rygor (Regor?), where two divisions of Corpus were fighting over the labs to decide Alad V's fate. Obviously I don't expect another event like the Gradivus Dilemma, or the one that introduced the Underwater labs, but something to add some variety.

The Grineer are pretty much unified, all work in a Monarchy/dictatorship so there would be little conflict between the Drekar, Tusk, Frontier, and Arid divisions, but the Corpus is all about business, so they would be less unified. There is Nef Anyo with his labor camps on Venus, Alad V with his Amalgams and Vapos units on Jupiter, and Frohd Bek with his Ambulas and..., what are his units called?, and then there are the standard Corpus on the ships throughout the Solar System. It is weird that none of them are fighting one another to gain more resources. Sure they could be trading, but wouldn't it make more sense that Nef, Alad, and Frohd are all competing to prove the superiority of their advancements?

The most interesting, and probably most developed Corpus character Alad V, is all about merging different types of technology to gain the upper hand. He has experiment with the Infestation, dissected Valkyr and made Zanuka, and probably the Hyena pack, now he has merged Sentient with Corpus tech. The only logical step in that evolution is to merge Warframes with Corpus tech, and Sentients (maybe add the infestation if possible), and he shoul be the dominant Corpus business in the Solar System, but Nef Anyo still remains pretty influential, and then there is Bek who is mostly behind the scenes doing what ever.

There should be more invasions where we have to choose between supporting Alad, Nef, Bek, or whoever is in charge of those ships. Then we should also be able to use the Helminth Virus, the Tenno, and Spoiler's personally crafted infestation to wage war on the other Infestation.

There can't just be only two, or sometimes three, different factions to help, there should be more Corpus businesses we can support. The Invasions should be more than just support one side for three battles or the other side for three battles. We should get points that we can hand in at a Grineer or Corpus representative for rewards. The only part that should remain hard to get are the Vandal or Wraith weapon parts so they won't lose their value. The Tenno should also be their own side in these invasions where the use Helminth, that way we can "feed him to make him strong," instead him being just an annoying Cyst to be talked about all over the forums.

Edited by TaurusDeRoma

The only issue I can see, and I hate to be this person, is that it could be quite the overhaul. Not to say that it's bad and wrong, which it could turn out to be, I don't see it even being something that DE would think about until maybe sometime next year at a bare bones best case minimum. I like the idea of Tenno having their own side. 

what they could do is add ships that show up on the map like the kuva fortress and when they get close to planets they attack nodes like kuva siphons but instead of a normal mission with extra they have a few new mission objectives.

and as for rewards make it so that every faction and/or ship comander (which i think should be represented by named characters) have their own currency they pay the tenno with and then you can use that to buy items, mods, resource bundles and more but also you can use it to purchase aid for invasions like buffs or troops or something?

sorry if my post is abit hard to follow its just a stream of thought

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Oggyswe said:

what they could do is add ships that show up on the map like the kuva fortress and when they get close to planets they attack nodes like kuva siphons but instead of a normal mission with extra they have a few new mission objectives.

and as for rewards make it so that every faction and/or ship comander (which i think should be represented by named characters) have their own currency they pay the tenno with and then you can use that to buy items, mods, resource bundles and more but also you can use it to purchase aid for invasions like buffs or troops or something?

sorry if my post is abit hard to follow its just a stream of thought

This deserves its own post. Genius. 

But I'd just make it be "invasion syndicates" at that poinr.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

This deserves its own post. Genius. 

But I'd just make it be "invasion syndicates" at that poinr.

or, what if the 6 syndicates actually invaded nodes? specific map/mission nodes, and they blocked them off or something.

Taking them over, and owning them, what if the 6 groups of syndicates were actually more alive, than just giving out 3 syndicate missions daily. and instead they invaded.

what do the 6 syndicates even do besides sitting in the relay, and occasionally attacking you because you didn't side with them.

Arbiters of Hexis, New Loka, Perrin Sequence, Cephalon Suda, Red Veil, Steel Meridian.

They really should do more in warframe then just be tiny shops that hand out some augments and weapons. 

Each should have its own unique warframe, and unique missions, and interact with their opposing factions in some way.

What if they fought against each other, in invasions, and we had to pick a side. 

Invasions usually have Grineer vs corpus, or vs infested.

But now what if we had 3 new invasion battles

New Loka vs Arbiters of Hexis [Detonite Injector]+Rep+Medallions

Red Veil vs Steel Meridian [Mutagen Mass]+Rep+Medallions

Perrin Sequence vs Cephalon Suda [Fieldron]+Rep+Medallions

You pick your side, and in the fight, there would be medallions from your team to get. and keep. [the medallions rewarded are rng like usual]

do 3 missions and you get rep for your chosen team, and another reward or something. 

I think a great way of 'fixing' invasions (since the only unique thing about them right now is the weapons/keys) is to integrate them with Empyrean.  

I can see massive space battles that you start with in the plains, go up to space, fight up there, then 'infiltrate' a massive ship (like when you fight ambulas, that big thing).  

When fortuna was added and the Fieldron/Injector/Mutagen Mass were added the only thing left is weapon parts/ mesa alad v keys. Not sure what they could add for loot to help bring players in again, but it needs something. Not to mention syndicates could also get involved with it as others have mentioned here.

Also like Oggyswe + Tomplexthis ideas.

Edited by Tinklzs

Perrin Sequence could be one of the Corpus Businesses that has to compete against the other 3, or 4, businesses. Right now the syndicates are to static, so far the only thing interesting syndicate wise to happen was Red Veil attacking Steel Meridian in the start of The Chains of Harrow, which was the only horrorish moment in the entire game.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

New Loka vs Arbiters of Hexis [Detonite Injector]+Rep+Medallions

Red Veil vs Steel Meridian [Mutagen Mass]+Rep+Medallions

Perrin Sequence vs Cephalon Suda [Fieldron]+Rep+Medallions

Arbiter are enemies of Veil, Loka against Suda, and Meridian would be fighting Sequence, but it'd be interesting if alliances were tested and broken in this new system.

6 hours ago, Tinklzs said:

I think a great way of 'fixing' invasions (since the only unique thing about them right now is the weapons/keys) is to integrate them with Empyrean.  

I can see massive space battles that you start with in the plains, go up to space, fight up there, then 'infiltrate' a massive ship (like when you fight ambulas, that big thing). 

Hopefully that thought does occur to DE during the development of Empyrean, and that seemed to be what they demonstrated in the 2018 demo, except they took down ship instead of an Ambulas. The only Corpus rivalry shown so far has been Ambulas profiteer versus creator (Bek versus Perrin Sequence head Ergo Glast).

8 hours ago, (PS4)Tomplexthis said:

syndicate Wars? 

What if all nodes, all missions of the star chart, were actually being fought over by all the 6 syndicates.

Being in that syndicate, if they owned that node, would grant a 10% loot drop and affinity bonus to you. no negative effect though.

Syndicates do need a much needed overhaul, especially the original six. The only negative affect would be if you were allied to the controlling syndicate's enemy, they would attack you, since you aren't working with those that control the node.

10 hours ago, Oggyswe said:

That would lead to way too many named NPCs and ships to add and manage, but I can see your point. The Grineer would still be largely unified, mostly from the fear/loyalty to the Queens, but the Corpus are less united, since they are all about profit.

Perhaps the Queens would choose a representative that stands for the Grineer commanders, or something similar.

Hopefully DE doesn't do something like Nightwave, with forced acts for standing/points. They do have somewhat the right idea with Event vendors, but they should have tangible evidence or currency to show that you do support them through whatever conflicts you were a part of. And the Tenno do need a specific vendor that stand for their united front, maybe Teshin, since the Conclave isn't that popular and he should have more involvement with the story, or someone else that stands for the Tenno whole.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

The only issue I can see, and I hate to be this person, is that it could be quite the overhaul. Not to say that it's bad and wrong, which it could turn out to be, I don't see it even being something that DE would think about until maybe sometime next year at a bare bones best case minimum. I like the idea of Tenno having their own side. 

That is why players should flesh out the idea as much as possible, and hopefully get DE's attention, so they can have more than a skeleton to work with. They did say Empyrean is supposed to bring the various parts of the game together, so why not try and implement that into the Invasion Overhaul?