Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extreme And Dark Sector.

Akbar_Lukman_Hakim

Dark sector And then disconnect the story (In my believes or opinion if that is true.) from Warframe named itself tenno while a character from Dark sector protagonist names Hayden Tenno. Why dont they bring this character back in this game its seems like important to me i dont know if thats also important to you guys but for me its a opinion, but why that game is forgotten from the DE? Since DE Made a early concept of dark sector (Warframes) stated in sci fi but then it was changed to plague or zombies stuff like that. Was this game originally Dark Sector Before it was Warframe?

Edited by Akbar_Lukman_Hakim

Dark Sector and Warframe are 2 different universes. That is the official statement from DE and anything similar between them is nothing more than an easter egg. FYI, Warframe as it is now is what Dark Sector was meant to be initially when DE went with their idea to publishers, then publishers demanded significant changes that made it what it ended up as, this is why they don't consider Dark Sector as cannon in the Warframe universe. Also, "Tenno" in Warframe comes from "Zariman 10-0", the name of the colony ship they were on when they got sent into the void.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Dark Sector and Warframe are 2 different universes. That is the official statement from DE and anything similar between them is nothing more than an easter egg. FYI, Warframe as it is now is what Dark Sector was meant to be initially when DE went with their idea to publishers, then publishers demanded significant changes that made it what it ended up as, this is why they don't consider Dark Sector as cannon in the Warframe universe. Also, "Tenno" in Warframe comes from "Zariman 10-0", the name of the colony ship they were on when they got sent into the void.

Eh so that make sense why Warframe And Dark Sector isnt connected but where did the name Called "Warframe" come from?

32 minutes ago, Akbar_Lukman_Hakim said:

where did the name Called "Warframe" come from?

My headcanon is that the Orokin had a contest where the whole population could send in suggestions, and then they voted, and "Warframe" won against "Fleshpuppets" and "Armour McArmourFace".

1 hour ago, Akbar_Lukman_Hakim said:

Eh so that make sense why Warframe And Dark Sector isnt connected but where did the name Called "Warframe" come from?

Frame = a person's body with reference to its size or build.

War = War (DUH!)

Its like, why is the damn game called Legend of Zelda if the character we play and make an Epic for is called Link?

Eh well it was Kinda stupid question why i am asking where did the name called warframe come from -_- yeah i am an idiot anyway

Fun Trivia Fact (Just Found in Wikia) :

• Warframe, from the Orokin Warplatform literally means "War platform".
  • The name "Warframes" comes from a 1950s Boeing (Company) WWII research project equipping WWII soldiers with exoskeletons, as mentioned by Steve Sinclair during Devstream #1
  • Such a project did not actually exist and never saw development or research with Boeing, which never developed significant military ground equipment of any kind until 2014. It is likely that the creator was referring to a failed system referred to as Hardiman, which was developed by General Electric in the mid to late 1960s, just prior to America's involvement in the Vietnam 

Dark Sector was originally supposed to be an MMO shooter about space bounty hunters, then it turned into a single-player game about space ninjas but the publisher demanded a more grounded setting.

Warframe basically combines their first two concepts.

EDIT: As for why they ended up changing the name, it's possible that they don't own the rights anymore. Either that or they just wanted to distance themselves from Dark Sector which wasn't received all that well.

Edited by Guest