The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cpt_Capitalism

To preface this, I decided to try weapons that I don't use often and decided to use the Dark Split-Sword. I actually enjoyed my time.... with the dual sword stance. The biggest problem I had was that all the dual sword stances don't match any heavy blade stances and it would not have been possible to keep my build and use a heavy blade stance without forma-ing the stance polarity. So I figured that I'd share thoughts on how the weapon could be improved.

Firstly, I feel that with the introduction of Aura forma's there is the possibility of adding Stance forma's that do the same thing (enable all polarities)... but for melee weapons. That'd solve the the stance issue real quick.

Another solution that comes to mind has to do with mods and weapons as well and is a little more in-depth. Now that we have reached a state in the game where Warframe's have Exilus mod slots and weapons have alternate fire modes, why not give the DSS a dual/two stance slot(s)? One for dual sword stances and the other for heavy blade stances and then give it an alt-fire mechanic where upon hitting your assigned alt-fire key/button you do a neat little animation where you slap it together or take it apart? That way you could use the dual sword stance with its increased attack speed to strip armor on higher level targets and then swap to heavy blade stances on the fly and really tear into it. I do recognize that this creates more work, as no skins would be able to be used on the weapon unless it's like the Day of the Dead DS and DD skin. Holsters would in theory be relatively fine... considering they don't work anyway. But if they did, instead of just main hand and off hand, it would specify dual sword main hand/off hand and heavy blade main hand. Also as a final touch, I'd just recommend swapping the SC and Crit properties of the different stances. i.e. making dual sword stances have higher SC and heavy blade stances have higher CC and CD.

P.s. Since there's another warfan in the works, could we get another split-sword? I was thinking a Corpus themed one. Where the default attack style is that if a Sword and Shield, something akin to like a Prova or Plasma Sword merged with a giant energy shield that then converts to a Hammer?

That's super cool. I was looking at the stats of the Dark Split-Sword the other day and was anxious to finally give it a try (as soon as I can finance all that Mutagen Mass at least).

If I can add to that, I think the "Channeling Button" could become a "Switch Stance Button." for all weapons.

Imagine using Swooping Falcon and then Swapping to Crimson Dervish for the Coiling Impale combo to perform a finisher. I think it would be more than appropriate to have unique "stances" (as in an actual stance) for each stance mod; for flare and to help distinguish. For example: with Tempo Royale equipped, you might point your sword down and to your right (not sure how best to describe it),

TRrs.jpg

but switching to Cleaving Whirlwind you would rest your sword on your shoulder.

maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, Cpt_Capitalism said:

Channeling is going to become Warframe's version of Devil Trigger from DMC

Didn't know that, though I remember hearing something about it. Didn't even know what it was; had to google it.

It sounds way better, honestly. I thought my idea was -pretty okay- though  ¯_(ツ)_/¯

6 hours ago, peterc3 said:

DE doesn't need an idea on how to make the DSS work, it just straight up did not work before they had to get it into the game. It's not a priority.

Never said it was a priority... Just thought it would be neat and decided to give my opinion on how to make it potentially more fun/viable.