Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Rework and Hildryn Augment Ideas

stormedge2002

So I was thinking today about the upcoming Atlas Prime soon to be released and thought I would be a good idea to post some of my ideas about reworking our Mountain of Stone.

I was originally planning on doing two posts one for Atlas Rework and another for Hildryn Augments which I recently came up with but I decided to screw that idea and just combine the two into one post, less posts people have to look thru right? 

So forgive me if this is a long post, with that out of the way lets get this party rocking.

Now I decided to approach Atlas's Rework from the prospective of what makes Atlas fun and that is punching people to oblivion and back.

So to get my ideal version of Atlas I scraped his 2 and his 2,3,4 augments so here are the changes that I propose to make. Let's start with the new ability first.

New 2 Ability: Seismic Strike

Basic Description: Atlas leaps forward and strikes the ground with a massive two hand strike launching earth spikes in the direction he is facing.

Advance Description: Atlas leaps forward (distance covered is the same if Atlas just bullet jumped)(ability button can be held to perform the two handed strike in place instead of leaping) and strikes the ground with a massive two handed strike (targets hit in a 5 meter radius at the landing zone are stunned for .5/1/1.5/2 secs duration mods increase the stun time) launching earth spikes in the direction of he is facing (earth spike spread out from Atlas in a cone any targets hit by the earth spikes are launched in the air similar to Wukong's Celestial Clone augment for 1/2/3/4 secs duration mods do not increase duration of the pop up)

Damage Numbers: 400/800/1200/1600 for all damage portions the initial two handed strike and the earth spikes

Energy Cost: 50

Reasoning for change: What is more fun than punching people, why punching people who are airborne of course 😎

Now that the skill is explained lets move on to the new augments.

New Seismic Strike Augment: Shattering Strike

Description: Petrified targets hit by Seismic Strike take 100%/150%/200% increased damage. 

Reasoning: This makes it easier for Atlas to destroy multiple targets faster and more efficiently and it creates synergy with his 3.

New Petrify Augment: Radial Petrify

Description: Petrify now hits all around Atlas in a 5/10/15 meter radius, Petrified targets now have a 35% chance to drop additional loot.

Reasoning: Cone based CC is hard to utilize properly in missions, this gives Atlas a true PBAOE which his kit desperately needed.

New Rumblers Augment: Gaia's Union

Description: Atlas fuses with his Rumblers gaining 10%/20%/30% of his Rumblers's max health and 50%/75%/100% max Rubble until the ability ends. (upon ability end Atlas loses the health boost and all Rubble)(ability can be canceled early to retain half of max Rubble)

Reasoning: At the lost of Tectonics, Atlas needed a true tanking/survivalist ability and this feels the role nicely

Phew! Finally Done with Atlas and it is long like I expected it to be but don't change that channel here comes Helicopter Mom herself Hildryn.

New Balefire Charger Augment: Balefire Bomber

Description: Balefire Charger's charge attack now sticks to targets and detonates 1.5 secs after sticking dealing it original damage plus 30% of the targets max health to all targets in a 2/4/8 meter radius.

Reasoning: The charge attack is hardly ever used this gives it some usage and more punch (Balefire Charger Tip: If you want a faster Balefire add the Lethal Momentum mod to it, it makes a great improvement to it's speed and usability)

New Pillage Augment: Viral Pillage

Description: Targets hit by Hildryn's Pillage have a 100% chance to be infected by the Viral status. Each target struck restores an additional 100/150/200 shield energy for Hildryn.

Reasoning: Hildryn is weak against Infested this gives her a fighting chance, with a little more versatility versus Grineer and Corpus

New Haven Augment: Eternal Haven

Description: Haven's channel cost is reduced by 50%/75%/100%

Reasoning: While playing Hildryn in a party you are constantly trying to fight Haven's drain so this makes her group play a lot easier opening up for more possibilities

New Aegis Storm Augment: Havoc Storm

Description: When Aegis Storm ends any targets affected by Aegis Storm now have a 50%/75%/100% chance to suffer from the Radiation status effect.

Reasoning: More CC is never a bad thing and gives Hildryn some breathing room after using Aegis Storm

Finally Done!!! 😎😆😁

Now throw those comments at me and let's hope DE takes a few of the changes and implements em.

Edited by stormedge2002

This is actually gud idea i love the augment for Atlas for sure 

17 minutes ago, stormedge2002 said:

New Pillage Augment: Viral Pillage

Description: Targets hit by Hildryn's Pillage have a 100% chance to be infected by the Viral status. Each target struck restores an additional 100/150/200 shield energy for Hildryn.

Reasoning: Hildryn is weak against Infested this gives her a fighting chance, with a little more versatility versus Grineer and Corpus

this even though amazing i wont belive it will be added but then again we have motherfreaking loving Nidus that has Teeming Virlance so yeah i am in 50/50

Amazing Ideas hope DE hears

1 hour ago, stormedge2002 said:

Totally senseless. It's like giving Ember the ability to freeze enemies with Fireblast. Viral = virus. Pillage steals shields/armor. It simply does not fit one bit.

1 hour ago, stormedge2002 said:

New Haven Augment: Eternal Haven

Description: Haven's channel cost is reduced by 50%/75%/100%

Not an augment, but a bandaid. Bandaid mods are NEVER a good design. Augments should add new functionality, not simply improve ability stats.

2 hours ago, stormedge2002 said:

New Aegis Storm Augment: Havoc Storm

This is my opinion but i think Aegis storm's problem is the lack of mobility not the lack of CC

I thought abouy an augment

Aegis thrusters, which is basically a faster higher and flashier bullet jump

Allow her to thrusts in the direction of her aiming reticle, but only when she's in close contact with the ground

I hate that hildryn's 4 literally bastilles you

It's cool, but it does little and it needs mobility

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

22 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

This is my opinion but i think Aegis storm's problem is the lack of mobility not the lack of CC

I thought abouy an augment

Aegis thrusters, which is basically a faster higher and flashier bullet jump

Allow her to thrusts in the direction of her aiming reticle, but only when she's in close contact with the ground

I hate that hildryn's 4 literally bastilles you

It's cool, but it does little and it needs mobilit

I agree a lot about what you said but the 4's mobility is all about when you deploy, not so much deploy now and fly thru the mission like Titania, if that was the case then it would make more since to just cut and paste Razorwing's Augment here and call it it a day. I find the CC to be more helpful overall to her kit since she has no form of CC outside of Aegis Storm

Edited by stormedge2002