Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Build upon what you already have pls DE

ZoneDymo

You are adding new stuff all the time, but you seldom just build upon what you already have.
For this discussion specifically, levels/tilesets.

We know certain tilesets ONLY as the infested version.
I mean for example the "infested ship" tileset is an infested tileset and lorewise it has taken over a corpus ship.
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Infested_Ship
Just look at those pictures

There is no corpus tileset that has those same assets/tiles in a non infested affected form.

That just borders me tbh.
Same has those various tiles from various tilesets that always spawn doors that NEVER have anything behind them, those doors NEVER open, they are doors but not programmed as something another tile can be behind.

Bit of a crappy old picture that, but you should recognize that tile if you played warframe a lot, you also know immediately where to go when looking at it, straight ahead and on the left side there is a door. Would be shocked to know there is a door on the right side of that as well? a big door even, but one that never leads anywhere, its just a texture and that should not be.

Simple adding that would immediately make existing levels a tad more interesting/new feeling.

And what about those rooms you often start in but never just, come across, have you ever tried walking backwards towards the starting point, and looking at that room like "wow where am I? this looks new" because you never enter that room from any other angle.

I think DE could (and should) do a lot with just existing content still.

(and personally I dont feel it would be that far-out a request to ask for a single new tile, for a single tileset, every month, just to keep building on the places we frequent every day and keeping them fresh)

Edited by ZoneDymo
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Making this thread after DE just reworked Jupiter...
DE adresses tilesets. But making new ones and changing up existing ones takes time.

and that is exactly not what Im talking about, at least read before replying.
Im talking simple, small upgrades that in the end can have a lot of impact.

What did we gain with Jupiter? a full extremely time consuming new tileset, we somewhat LOST the old tileset and again, it took a lot of time to make, new lore, new bossfight etc.
And sure maybe at some point a tileset is so aged and tech moved on so much that it would be much better to just redo it.

But Im now talking about ALL those tilesets we visit daily and how all of those can easily be added to, giving a lot of return for relatively minimal effort.

12 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

But...

Corpus Ship rework confirmed,

Railjack will be coming with new Grineer Galleon tiles (which may or may not cross over to nodes),

New War set coming at Christmas

Again, same for you.
Im not asking for a tileset to be completely overhauled and im not asking for new tilesets, that is not what im aiming at.

The title of this thread is:

Not: build new stuff from scratch that requires a lot of time pls DE.

Of course I appreciate the effort of new tilesets and stuff like the plains etc, but this thread is about gaining a lot of content for relatively little effort.
Making a door, that looks like a door but never acts like a door on an existing tileset, ACTUALLY function like a door.
Our minds are already setup for every tileset how to traverse it, where the doors are, shaking that up adds to the game.
And apart from that im merely asking for a single tile, aka a single room, to be added to a single tileset, once per month.

Again, that is a nice flow of new content, without asking a lot of the devteam and that over time will just pay out more and more.

• Like 3

Just now, ZoneDymo said:

But the tiles they had in Gas City were outdated, as are the ones on the Corpus Ship which they're remaking. What's the point of maintaining outdated content when an overhaul fixes the old issues and brings new material with it?

And adding one or two new tiles a month would do nothing for people who want content.

4 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

But the tiles they had in Gas City were outdated, as are the ones on the Corpus Ship which they're remaking. What's the point of maintaining outdated content when an overhaul fixes the old issues and brings new material with it?

And adding one or two new tiles a month would do nothing for people who want content.

Adding tiles would do nothing for people who want content...

adding content does nothing for people who want content...

Right.

Outdated outdated, the entire game is outdated but if you want to wait half a year to a year to have a single tileset completely overhauled while playing on that outdated stuff the entire time...good for you.
And also, what possible issues did Gas City have that this overhaul fixes? its largely the same tiles with a new look.

I much rather have them just add to what they already have with fast small updates to expand that and make those tiles have something new to them.
I find a new tile on a tileset I know very exciting to find

• Like 1

This Post So Far:

OP: "DE! Work on the Content/Tile-Sets you already have in-game instead of adding more things in!!!"

Commenters: "But, DE does always work on Content/Tile-Sets they already have in-game." *Gives Examples*

OP: "What? No! Those don't count! I'm talking about these other vague things they HAVE worked on, but not to the degree I'm happy with! REEEEEEE-"

Personal Edit: I want more Infested Tile-Sets that aren't primarily Corpus ships around Eris, or slightly "Contaminated" Tile-sets like the Cross-fires. Give me some nice, gross environments, yo!

Edited by Tangent-Valley

il y a 26 minutes, ZoneDymo a dit :

and that is exactly not what Im talking about, at least read before replying.
Im talking simple, small upgrades that in the end can have a lot of impact.

What did we gain with Jupiter? a full extremely time consuming new tileset, we somewhat LOST the old tileset and again, it took a lot of time to make, new lore, new bossfight etc.
And sure maybe at some point a tileset is so aged and tech moved on so much that it would be much better to just redo it.

Sure it's time consuming to rework a tileset, but doing small upgrades (that may look small actually still require time programation wise) are a waste of time if the full tileset will see a rework in a near future.

Also, people reworking a tileset artistically and those who do the programation to make it work are not the same, so people working on the new design won't prevent the programers to work on something else. Both are time consuming for different people that work on different tasks.

1 hour ago, ZoneDymo said:

That just borders me tbh.

... It just grinds your gears, doesn't it...?

... Its like this topic. It grinds everyone else's gears harder than the tileset difference grinds your gears.

DE is revisiting old tiles and reworking them, when applicable. Old content does not fit with the current Warframe reality anymore. Deal with it.

On 2019-08-25 at 3:46 PM, Uhkretor said:

... It just grinds your gears, doesn't it...?

... Its like this topic. It grinds everyone else's gears harder than the tileset difference grinds your gears.

DE is revisiting old tiles and reworking them, when applicable. Old content does not fit with the current Warframe reality anymore. Deal with it.

ermm but old content IS the current warframe reality....

Ya know, those grineer tilesets you play on daily, those corpus tilesets you play on daily? those infested tilesets you play on daily?
90% of the current tilesets ARE old content and it will be years before they all get the Jupiter treatment.

In the meantime they can add to those with very simple, low effort, high gain updates.
Like a new tile...
Or like a door finally being an actual passage way.
Heck simply flipping/mirroring certain tiles will already add "new" content to the game.

• Like 1

That's the thing, they already do that...

I remember a time where maps were like 10x bigger than what they are now, but thanks to the lazy people, maps are reduced to what you see now. I blame them all with a fervor that has no possible comparison, since it reduced my average mission time from 5 hours to 30 minutes, and both my credits and resource income got reduced by 80% as well.

Back then, all the variety that you have just described existed... Maybe you should blame those lazy ones too.