Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sound Bug on Navigation

vnc7

I have the same problem like many people here and still no answer... When I enter navigation or mission my volume drastically drops. I saw many topics about this bug, all of them closed for unknown reason without solution. One year ago I spoke with support about it, he told me to reinstall my game... Did it 2 times same bug occur. Tried many suggestions from other players nothing works.
So DE can someone finally do his job, tell us why this is happening and how to fix it without closing unresolved topic???!

Edited by vnc7

what kind of sound settings in windows and sound hardware are you using?

as for 'closing' a thread, that happenes also automatically after some time when no new post were made... and ofc, if the OP ask for it and/or some people behaved too inappropriately ^^)

my guess for your problem is that it isn't the game itself but the behaviour of your soundcard... i can't remember what name it was, but there is an option on some cards settings that allow to reduce the volume under certain conditions... mostly that is when you use your computer also as telephone or, if you use voice-over-ip software like skype or teamspeak. if you DO, check the setting for your sound card AND the settings of those programs too for such an option.

22 hours ago, vnc7 said:

When I enter navigation or mission my volume drastically drops.

I am guessing it has something to do with the game's voice chat that uses microphone.

This can happen on windows sound setting or some sound driver settings. This internet search of "Microphone speaker volume drops" may better explain what to do. https://www.google.com/search?q=microphone+speaker+volume+drops

For a while there was an odd issue where having a Twitch stream open in FIrefox was causing Warframes volume to drop significantly when I opened Warframe AFTER I opened Twitch. Closing the tab with Twitch open would restore the full volume to Warframe.

At some point, this stopped happening. This was all with my sound settings set to not adjust volume automatically. Maybe this issue is something similar.

Edited by Horonelius