Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss speed question

Riger82

Question

16 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, jetfirejay1 said:

i mean he's not really controllable in the first place he runs straight mostly 

He runs straight, but can be turned at a slow speed. But say 200% power strength doubles his 1's speed, on top of the speed boost due to the active 4 which looks to be about 50% or so at the base 100%. That makes him even worse than a high power strength Volt to control, lol. If the increase is flat, and I'm correct in the 4's boost, a 200% power strength would literally triple his speed. And 200 isn't the cap, either. At that point, I'm pretty sure you can still overshoot straight lines with no problems, lol. I can totally see people running clear off cliffs in Orb Vallis and the Plains.

I'm also unsure why people keep saying he'll replace Volt. Gauss has literally nothing he brings to team play. Three of Volt's abilities help allies, and all four do if you use the augment.

Edited by Riger82

2 hours ago, Riger82 said:

He runs straight, but can be turned at a slow speed. But say 200% power strength doubles his 1's speed, on top of the speed boost due to the active 4 which looks to be about 50% or so at the base 100%. That makes him even worse than a high power strength Volt to control, lol. If the increase is flat, and I'm correct in the 4's boost, a 200% power strength would literally triple his speed. And 200 isn't the cap, either. At that point, I'm pretty sure you can still overshoot straight lines with no problems, lol. I can totally see people running clear off cliffs in Orb Vallis and the Plains.

I'm also unsure why people keep saying he'll replace Volt. Gauss has literally nothing he brings to team play. Three of Volt's abilities help allies, and all four do if you use the augment.

Gauss seems to be more focused on the open world maps as you'll rarely see a tileset with segments long enough for him to not run through it in like 2 seconds (and well he can run on water and do you see much water in normal tilesets), also he seems to be more focused on things like cc as he could freeze, burn and explode people. I don't really think that Volt will get replaced except if you just want to travel across open worlds as fast as possible but you never know, Gauss could have some augments that could fix some issues like turning speed

55 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Don't worry about that yet.... first you need to worry about how bad the drop rate for his blueprints will be...

If its a boss, then one in 4 or so. Wisp's bp took me 8 rop kills, lol.

I hope it isn't another Harrow. Though with the changes to disruption coming at the exact same time, how much do you want to bet the parts come from that?

2 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

If its a boss, then one in 4 or so. Wisp's bp took me 8 rop kills, lol.

I hope it isn't another Harrow. Though with the changes to disruption coming at the exact same time, how much do you want to bet the parts come from that?

Well... I heard thats exactly whete they are going to drop....

Soooo... yes.... this is another Harrow/Nidus situation.....

Honestly.... I don't even know if il be playing Warframe when that update drops....

5 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Yeah gauss comes from disruptions,   echo's will come from disruptions..   They didnt confirm where grendel will come from yet...  but he doesnt come until later so hopefully NOT disruption.   

Generally no two frames come from the same place, unless its the tenno research.

Echo?

Edit: Looked it up. Nvmd. Not sure if I'll bother, though. Especially if the self controlled frame takes full damage the way excal umbra does.

Edited by Riger82