Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shawzin Songs Megathread!

DarthTyrael

6 hours ago, abysstalefoxy said:

could someone try to make a code of this song please?

[Journey (featuring Kronos Quartet)]

I can maybe help you out if you're more specific as to which part you want. (But please keep in mind the Shazwin is one instrument, and a quartet is four instruments - we're not realistically able to capture the full depth of the piece).

By which I mean, I can tell you what notes are in the melody lines, but I don't guarantee I'll be dedicated enough to actually finish the job. I'd be way more motivated if DE were to give us a few more strings. Bonus points if they reworked the controls to actually match how a string instrument really works (with an emphasis on being able to play open strings - I can ignore the frets actually being strings, and vice versa).

Anyhow, here's a bit of it, before I gave up because we started running into sections where we're just crossing the upper bound of our range and I didn't want to transpose it (i.e., I'm lazy) and it felt weird to keep bouncing down an octave:

3SAAhAIiAQhAgSAoMAwSA4hBAMBwSB4hCASCQMCYSCgSDQhDYiDghDwSD4JEAMEISEQMEwSE4hFASFQMFYJFgSFoCFwiF4hGAMGI

Sorry that it's a little slower than the original (because I went with subdivisions that were easy to map out). And there's probably one fairly obvious point where it sounds kind of janky because we just didn't have the note we wanted (and consequently, why I didn't want to keep using that "workaround").

Just for reference, length wise, that's a bit over an 1/8 of how much time you have to play with on a Shazwin recording. There would be more time to play with if we sped it up, but...too lazy to do that manually and not enough brain power left tonight to figure out how to make Excel/my computer do it for me.

Edited by Ascarith

12 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

I can maybe help you out if you're more specific as to which part you want. (But please keep in mind the Shazwin is one instrument, and a quartet is four instruments - we're not realistically able to capture the full depth of the piece).

By which I mean, I can tell you what notes are in the melody lines, but I don't guarantee I'll be dedicated enough to actually finish the job. I'd be way more motivated if DE were to give us a few more strings. Bonus points if they reworked the controls to actually match how a string instrument really works (with an emphasis on being able to play open strings - I can ignore the frets actually being strings, and vice versa).

Anyhow, here's a bit of it, before I gave up because we started running into sections where we're just crossing the upper bound of our range and I didn't want to transpose it (i.e., I'm lazy) and it felt weird to keep bouncing down an octave:

3SAAhAIiAQhAgSAoMAwSA4hBAMBwSB4hCASCQMCYSCgSDQhDYiDghDwSD4JEAMEISEQMEwSE4hFASFQMFYJFgSFoCFwiF4hGAMGI

Sorry that it's a little slower than the original (because I went with subdivisions that were easy to map out). And there's probably one fairly obvious point where it sounds kind of janky because we just didn't have the note we wanted (and consequently, why I didn't want to keep using that "workaround").

Just for reference, length wise, that's a bit over an 1/8 of how much time you have to play with on a Shazwin recording. There would be more time to play with if we sped it up, but...too lazy to do that manually and not enough brain power left tonight to figure out how to make Excel/my computer do it for me.

ah. ok I understand, thanks for trying though

8 hours ago, abysstalefoxy said:

I'd like the beginning part tbh.

Well, the good news is that the first 0:42 is probably fine. There's a couple notes that are technically outside our bounds, but don't sound terrible when bounced to the lower octave. The bad news is that once the violin comes in at 0:42, we probably need to switch keys (or things get ugly), and I'm not sure how sensitive you are to that. 

So, questions:

1. Does the key change bother you? (If yes, then let's just stop now. If no, or you have no idea what that means, then I'll just keep plugging away)
  2. Where do you consider the "beginning part" to end? Assuming you want me to keep trying, I think (if I math'd correctly) we can get to 2:18, which seems like a natural stopping point.
  3. Are you planning to auto-play this, or are you planning to manually play it? There's technically one note you want to whammy, but it sounds fine (but repetitive) if you miss it.
  4. Do you mind if it's a little slower than the original? Or would you prefer it be close to the original in tempo? (I can probably spit out the slow version decently quickly, but I'll need more time for the faster tempo).
Edited by Ascarith
Words. How do they work?

2 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

Well, the good news is that the first 0:42 is probably fine. There's a couple notes that are technically outside our bounds, but don't sound terrible when bounced to the lower octave. The bad news is that once the violin comes in at 0:42, we probably need to switch keys (or things get ugly), and I'm not sure how sensitive you are to that. 

So, questions:

1. Does the key change bother you? (If yes, then let's just stop now. If no, or you have no idea what that means, then I'll just keep plugging away)
  2. Where do you consider the "beginning part" to end? Assuming you want me to keep trying, I think (if I math'd correctly) we can get to 2:18, which seems like a naturally stopping point.
  3. Are you planning to auto-play this, or are you planning to manually play it? There's technically one note you want to whammy, but it sounds fine (but repetitive) if you miss it.
  4. Do you mind if it's a little slower than the original? Or would you prefer it be close to the original in tempo? (I can probably spit out the slow version decently quickly, but I'll need more time for the faster tempo).

I'm not sure actually what you mean, do you mean like.... the sound effects or no? and we could stop at 2:18 but I'll think about it. I plan to autoplay and play this myself, and I think I can manage the speed

3 hours ago, abysstalefoxy said:

I'm not sure actually what you mean, do you mean like.... the sound effects or no? and we could stop at 2:18 but I'll think about it. I plan to autoplay and play this myself, and I think I can manage the speed

Er...no, we can't do sound effects, or any instrumentation (that's all dictated by your Shawzin). Probably easier just to load up a song and then discuss.

Here's my crack at it:

3SAAhAGiAMMAkSAqhAwMBISBOhBUSBsSCQhCWiCcMC0SC6hDAMDYSDehDkJD8iECMEUhEaSEshEyiE4hFESFKMFQSFWhFcMF0SF6hGASGMMGSSGYSG8hHCiHIBHUEHaJHgMHmSHsMIESIKhIQiIcBIiJIohIuBI0iI6hJAiJGKKCSKIEKahKgBKySK4MLQELWKLcKLuSL0EMGhMMBMeSMkMM8ENCKNIKNgSNmEN4hN+SOKhOQKOcSOihOuSO0MO6EPAKPGKPYSPehPqBPwKP2EQUBQakQ4hQ+KRuMR0KSAESGKSSSSYKSeESkBSqKS2hS8STIKTOETUBTaKTgKUQMUWKUiEUoKU0SU6KVAEVGBVMBVYKVeEVqBVwBV2BV8BWCKWySW4EXKhXQBXiSXoMYAEYGKYMKYeSYkEY2hY8BZOSZUhZgSZmMZsEZyKZ4EaEBaKKacSaihauBa0Ka6EbGBbSSbeKbqkb2hcChcm

If you are playing manually, there is one section where the same note is repeated four times. You should whammy on the second instance (but it's not like it will be terrible if you don't). Technically, you're not actually trying to whammy, you're just leveraging the whammy to drop a semi-tone lower - so you'll want to whammy before you hit the note. If you whammy "late," you'll be able to hear the pitch modulate.

It's not perfect (rhythmically, I'm pretty sure some of the sections are slightly off, but my brain is too fried to drill that deep right now). But if you have any requests for how you want to update it, let me know and we'll see if it's feasible. Adjusting the tempo (i.e., speed) should be easy enough, since I figured out how to get Excel to do a lot of the heavy lifting for me.

Just for reference, currently this takes up about 29.5 measures and the max is 64. It corresponds to about 2:18 of the actual piece. 

On 2020-09-15 at 3:06 AM, Inberun said:

Can someone do this one please? Just the first part with the piano

[Rainy Alley]

3hAAMAIhAQMAYiAgMAoiAwMA4hBAMBIhBQMBYSBgKBoSBwKB4hCAMCIhCQMCYiCgMCoiCwMC4hDAMDIhDQMDYMDfSDgKDoSDwKD4MEAEEIMEQEEYSEgEEoSEwEE4MFAEFIMFQEFYEFfKFgBFoKFwBF4MGAEGIMGQEGYSGgEGoSGwEG4MHAEHIMHQEHYEHfKHgCHoKHwCH4EIA

Caveats:

• It's in a different key. (It might be possible to play it exact in one of the wonky scales, but it was easier for me (mentally) to just transpose it).
  • I added an extra note at the end so there's some semblance of a (really, really basic) resolution. (I stopped mapping at 0:33 right before that accordian-esque thing enters). 
  • There's no harmony. (It might be possible, as the harmony isn't super complicated, but the Shazwin controls are wonky and I can't make it do what I want). This does mean it's going to feel "emptier" than the original (although part of that will be due to the piano being a little "better" at this kind of thing than an instrument like the Shazwin).
Edited by Ascarith
Formatting issues
  • Like 1

On 2020-09-09 at 10:39 AM, Demon_Play said:

can someone do my hero by man with a mission please

I have various bits and pieces of the song mapped out (and tested), but still struggling with the pieces in between. My ear is really bad at identifying pitch based of vocals (and probably even worse when rapping is involved), and I don't think I'm ever (realistically) going to be able to map those sick bass parts.

Here's the chorus though:

3MAAMAGMAJMAPKAVMAbKAhMAnKAtMAwMA2KA5MA/KBFMBLKBRMBXMBgMBmEBpBBsEBvMB4MB+ECBBCEECHMCQMCWECZBCcECfMCoMCuECxBC0EC3MDAMDGKDJMDPKDVMDbKDhMDnKDtMDwMD2KD5MD/KEFMEIMEOSERSEUiEXhEaMEgMEmEEpBEsEEvME4ME+EFBBFEEFHMFQMFWEFZBFcEFfMFoMFuEFxBF0EF3

Edited by Ascarith

On 2020-09-19 at 2:38 AM, Ascarith said:

Caveats:

• It's in a different key. (It might be possible to play it exact in one of the wonky scales, but it was easier for me (mentally) to just transpose it).
  • I added an extra note at the end so there's some semblance of a (really, really basic) resolution. (I stopped mapping at 0:33 right before that accordian-esque thing enters). 
  • There's no harmony. (It might be possible, as the harmony isn't super complicated, but the Shazwin controls are wonky and I can't make it do what I want). This does mean it's going to feel "emptier" than the original (although part of that will be due to the piano being a little "better" at this kind of thing than an instrument like the Shazwin).

Thank you very much

1 hour ago, SaNgSpArtAN113 said:

Hello i have a question for this music i dont find the code please :3

Unfortunately, there is no code for that. If at any point the scale ("escala") in the lower left changes, we won't be able to make a code for it. Shawzin codes are for a single scale, which is defined at the beginning of the code.

This looks like it's probably being done with something like this:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Le 01/09/2019 à 12:51, Sir_Carl a dit :

Can anyone make Love of My Life by Queen pls

We Are The Warframe (Greece Edition) (Queen parody) (Short version) (Late answer)

Révélation

3BAAEACMAEKASMAbKAfhAokArBAthA2EA6hBIhBRiBWBBjhBsBBuMBxSB+hCHBCMhCVBCeKCjECnECwiC1hC5RC+RDHhDJEDLEDZiDiEDkBDmEDwBD0iECiEPiEYMEbhEdiEmhEqSE4hFGMFTiFchFhhFqEFsMFuiF3UF8MGJiGTUGXMGlMHEEHHSHJ

• 2 weeks later...

No videos sadly, but here's a couple songs from UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[cl-r] that I've done!

Icefield White Knight 

Spoiler

5SAARAIMAQKAYEAgBAiCAkEAmEAoCAqKAsJAuMAwKAyRA0MA2hA4UA6kA8iA+hBAJBIEBKCBMEBOJBYEBaCBcEBeJBoEBqCBsEBuMBwKB2RB8ECEJCGECICCMECQMCUhCYhCgUCkUCoSCsSCwUC0JC8CDEEDGCDIBDMEDQRDUiDYhDcUDgSDkSDoUDshDwhD8kD+0EAUEIiEJUEQkERhEciEeSEgiEhSEohEphEwkExhE8hFAUFGhFMiFQhFWUFcSFgUFsSFuRFwEGEJGGEGICGMEGQMGUhGYhGgUGkUGoSGsSGwUG0JG8CHEEHGCHIBHMEHQRHUiHYhHcUHgSHkSHoUHshHwhH8kH+0IAUIIiIJUIQkIRhIciIeSIgiIhSIohIphIwkIxhI8hJAUJGhJMiJQhJWUJcSJgUJsSJuRJwkKIiKKhKMiKOkKYiKahKciKekKoiKqhKsiKukK4iK6hK8iK+MLIKLKJLMMLOMLYKLaJLcMLeJLoELqCLsELuELwMLxEL2KL3EL8RL9

Unknown Actors

Spoiler

5RAAMAERAGSAKRAOMAcMAeRAgMAkRAmSAqUAuSA0RA4MA8RBAMBERBGSBKRBOMBcMBeRBgMBkRBmSBqUBuSB0RB4MB8hCAUCEhCGiCKhCOUCcUCehCgUCkhCmiCqkCuiC0hC4SC8UDAMDMMDQUDWMDcKDghDshDwUD1SD7REAMEEREGSEKREOMEcMEeREgMEkREmSEqUEuSE0RE4ME8RFAMFERFGSFKRFOMFcMFeRFgMFkRFmSFqUFuSF0RF4MF6hGAUGEhGGiGKhGOUGcUGehGgUGkhGmiGqkGuiG0hG4SG8UHAMHMMHQUHWMHcKHgMHmRHsRHwSH1UH7kIAkIMkIQiIUhIYUIcRIshI0RI8RJMSJOUJQhJURJYRJcMJkMJoMKERKGSKIUKMhKQiKSkKWMKkSKoUKshKwkK0iK4hK8ULcSLeRLg

Night Walker (good luck playing this one btw)

Spoiler

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

Scraper Sky High

Spoiler

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

Another Kreator song! this is:

The patriarch (sounds better with a corbu shawzin)

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

Enjoy!

Edited by Wephrix
  • Like 1