Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I <3 Soma

ADDpillz

All right, that's enough.

We all know it's going to be nerfed VERY soon. It outclasses any other weapon ingame, including clan research weapons and event weapons.

That is NOT right for a weapon that is so easy to acquire.

Love it while you can, power creeper.

Its going to get a mastery rank cap, Scott already stated its perfectly designed.

And it only outperforms once you have Serration at least almost maxed, split chamber, all crit mods (including hammer shot).

You have to weigh stuff like that.

All right, that's enough.

We all know it's going to be nerfed VERY soon. It outclasses any other weapon ingame, including clan research weapons and event weapons.

That is NOT right for a weapon that is so easy to acquire.

Love it while you can, power creeper.

It will be put at a higher rank but not nerfed, they talked about this in the last livestream.

What they said was that they were going to make it a high tier weapon, rather than nerfing it.  It will be interesting to see if they actually do that when they realize this means taking it back out of some players' hands.  So they're either going to have to nerf it into the ground, break their promise, and render their new shiny completely pointless, or they're going to have to discontinue the current model & release a wraith/vandal/prime version.

At the end of the day, when Armor 2.0 comes out, it looks like the entire weapon system will be re-tooled.  When this happens, there are going to be many weapons that change dramatically in performance, and a great many complaints from gamers who find that their beloved weapon of choice is no longer the performer it once was.

What they said was that they were going to make it a high tier weapon, rather than nerfing it.  It will be interesting to see if they actually do that when they realize this means taking it back out of some players' hands.  

People that have it now are safe, people that play later will need the rank. As far as I know DE can only use the rank requirement to stop someone from buying the BP, but they have no check to see if someone is a high enough rank to use the weapon they have.

Soma is my favorite rifle and I use it with my twin-gremlins. I have to say, Scott made a well made rifle that is fun to use.

Its going to get a mastery rank cap, Scott already stated its perfectly designed.

And it only outperforms once you have Serration at least almost maxed, split chamber, all crit mods (including hammer shot).

You have to weigh stuff like that.

Base damage boosters and multi-shot apply to every weapon, and apply perfectly equally to every weapon in the same category.

So no, Soma does not need Serration or Split Chamber any more than any other primary.

Of the mods that Soma does need for full effectiveness that other weapons do not need equally (meaning the critical mods), only Hammer Shot is difficult to obtain.

Am I the only one thinking that while it works like the Gorgon as an LMG, it is best used as an hybrid semi-auto rifle / full auto rifle?

I find myself using it in a semi-auto manner, shot by shot, unless I run into heavier enemies (heavy grineers, ancients, etc.) where I just hold down the trigger to fill the target with lead. I rarely have it up to its max fire rate and it turns out to be quite ammo efficient when you start doing that.

Basically turns it in a semi-auto file with a 100 round mag with the added option for heavy suppression when needed. Adaptable, just like a Tenno should be.

Am I the only one thinking that while it works like the Gorgon as an LMG, it is best used as an hybrid semi-auto rifle / full auto rifle?

I find myself using it in a semi-auto manner, shot by shot, unless I run into heavier enemies (heavy grineers, ancients, etc.) where I just hold down the trigger to fill the target with lead. I rarely have it up to its max fire rate and it turns out to be quite ammo efficient when you start doing that.

Basically turns it in a semi-auto file with a 100 round mag with the added option for heavy suppression when needed. Adaptable, just like a Tenno should be.

Pretty much this.  Once you get used to using it, it's no longer a bullet firehose & more of a precision weapon.