Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console Market Red Alert

(PSN)nononom12

At all the people who are afraid of inflation, the difference here is that:

1. From what I hear, on PS4 there is the opposite of an inflation, value of plat is extremely high, this in itself wouldn't be a problem, if not for:

2. The market isn't completely free, a good chunk of stuff people want, mainly cosmetics and slots, have a fixed price, as they can only be bought directly from DE.

This means there are two markets, a free one and a heavily price-fixed one, but they both use the same currency.

As it stands I see two solutions for the consoles:

1. Changing the market items price to better reflect the value of plat.

2. Inflate the price of plat a bit.

Both of these are of course highly difficult things, that could have disastrous consequences.

For people who only buy plat and spend it on stuff, the current situation is great, they spend the same amount of money and get more stuff.

For people who farm a lot to trade stuff in for plat, their time investment is worth less and less.

There should always be a healthy balance.

9 hours ago, (PS4)nononom12 said:

Cash out system are the worst tho. Turning the game into one would be the worst move anyone could do. I'm sorry you take no pride in items, looks, or otherwise but making a profit on warframe would just outright kill

Also items don't change. Rivens do. I'm sorry a dipo nerf killed your rivens but nothing else changes in price (slots, skins, etc have been the same for years)

I think you mis-read my post entirely...

The entire point of my reply is that none of this matters, that because you already spent your money, the value of what you got for it changing is bound to happen. You have no choice but to just accept these changes, and that making an entire thread about trying to 'fix' this 'economy' is useless because it isn't an economy.

You're painting in a simulated economy in a closed system driven entirely by perception, futures and a non-functional currency.

You will never 'fix' it, because it's not a real economy anyway.

2 hours ago, Vethalon said:

At all the people who are afraid of inflation, the difference here is that:

1. From what I hear, on PS4 there is the opposite of an inflation, value of plat is extremely high, this in itself wouldn't be a problem, if not for:

2. The market isn't completely free, a good chunk of stuff people want, mainly cosmetics and slots, have a fixed price, as they can only be bought directly from DE.

This means there are two markets, a free one and a heavily price-fixed one, but they both use the same currency.

As it stands I see two solutions for the consoles:

1. Changing the market items price to better reflect the value of plat.

2. Inflate the price of plat a bit.

Both of these are of course highly difficult things, that could have disastrous consequences.

For people who only buy plat and spend it on stuff, the current situation is great, they spend the same amount of money and get more stuff.

For people who farm a lot to trade stuff in for plat, their time investment is worth less and less.

There should always be a healthy balance.

The first two observations are correct. The rest of it... Not so much. 

Yes the DE/Tennogen market is more expensive for us. Based on the Prime Junk prices we're looking at about twice as expensive as over on PC. But for the most part, a player is going to be able to afford those in between 2 and 4 sets of junk. 

Once the newb doesn't get greedy and set ridiculously high prices for junk (I see it in trade chat all the time) they'll get as many sales as they can handle in a short space of time. 

Since the price for junk is relatively stable its possible to argue that the time investment for plat, isn't fluctuating very much. 

The economy isn't in a terrible state right now. Yes, the demand for plat is very high, and the supply of items is very high, so prices will continue to fall slowly. Yes, it's a buyer's market, but that in and of itself isn't a terrible thing. Yes we end up "paying more" for the fixed price items, which is something, but we end up paying less for most player-player trades. 

The real problem is the people who don't know wtf they're talking about deciding that they know how to fix things that they don't understand, at all. That's how we get threads like this, and the millions of "we demand an auction house, right now" threads. Where people propose changes that they think would be great, but would ultimately be a really dumb idea. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Thanks for the clarification! That's quite interesting, I didn't even consider Dukats as a fixed currency counteracting the price-drop.

I'm one of those players that just buys plat (but I almost exclusively spend it on ungrindable items with the exception of some mods I just can't be arsed to grind, like healing return) but sometimes I sell a few rarer parts, never Prime Junk though, as I absolutely hate trading^^

32 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

Thanks for the clarification! That's quite interesting, I didn't even consider Dukats as a fixed currency counteracting the price-drop.

I'm one of those players that just buys plat (but I almost exclusively spend it on ungrindable items with the exception of some mods I just can't be arsed to grind, like healing return) but sometimes I sell a few rarer parts, never Prime Junk though, as I absolutely hate trading^^

Yes, our friend Baro's a "sink" that we dump parts into, removing large numbers of them from the market. That reduces supply of those items and slows the decline in prices. 

And yes for folks like us who can afford it, plat helps us to eliminate some of the grind. For me that's meant buying large amounts of prime junk to trade for ducats. So I have grown very familiar with that side of trade, and I can tell you that someone who really wants to and is able to spend the time grinding, can easily earn hundreds to thousands of plat in a month selling prime junk at 1 plat per even if they're stuck at MR 8.

(8 trades x 6 items x 14 trading days) = 672 plat. 

The main reason for people not realising this, is greed. They think that 1 plat isn't enough to get anything good. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

(8 trades x 6 items x 14 trading days) = 672 plat. 

I remember the good old days when i had the tolerance to farm huge amounts of plat off of prime junk, which was a blessing when people would offer 7 to 10 plat for 5 pieces of prime junk. That was pretty much how i covered alot of needs goods and when i was chasing deluxe skins on coupons, slots, forma bundles and so on.

The main reason for people not realising this, is greed. They think that 1 plat isn't enough to get anything good. 

I would say a good deal of it is impatience to know how to mine. If it was a game like Guild wars 2, the value to `trade` gold to gems would be such a bad rate that people would likely be way better off just straight up buying gems with actual money. This especially held true when i used to play wakfu where people would demand tens of thousands of kamas just to get cash bought `side kicks` which acted as lesser allies to filler player slots in parties, before they eventually updated it to where people could earn kamas from enemy drops, instead of people had to mint the kamas themselves by mass farming ores to make them. Think those eventually devolved into the millions as a result of it.

If people kept to a rate of just wanting `any` prime part for 1 plat a pop or a slight bit of extra plat to incentivize mass prime junk buying, since expecting a single person to get less for selling you many parts, its not a WALMART people, would help incentivize players to sell you the stuff then just dumping it into baro for something more useful like affinity/resource boosters, then at the very least some platinum value can be kept. But when people start demanding rare parts only for 1 plat or want to pay 3 to 5 plat for 6 parts, thats just sheeting on the time it takes, the traces burnt, the effort people have to go thru to get them, when those buyers just likely want to make sets to sell for 30 to 50 plat like some major jerk-wad. Its understandable to buy things cheap, but to pay a person in cereal so you can make a bunch of benjamins off of their hard work, is no better then riven mod re-sellers.

Edited by Avienas

35 minutes ago, Avienas said:

I remember the good old days when i had the tolerance to farm huge amounts of plat off of prime junk, which was a blessing when people would offer 7 to 10 plat for 5 pieces of prime junk. That was pretty much how i covered alot of needs goods and when i was chasing deluxe skins on coupons, slots, forma bundles and so on.

I would say a good deal of it is impatience to know how to mine. If it was a game like Guild wars 2, the value to `trade` gold to gems would be such a bad rate that people would likely be way better off just straight up buying gems with actual money. This especially held true when i used to play wakfu where people would demand tens of thousands of kamas just to get cash bought `side kicks` which acted as lesser allies to filler player slots in parties, before they eventually updated it to where people could earn kamas from enemy drops, instead of people had to mint the kamas themselves by mass farming ores to make them. Think those eventually devolved into the millions as a result of it.

If people kept to a rate of just wanting `any` prime part for 1 plat a pop or a slight bit of extra plat to incentivize mass prime junk buying, since expecting a single person to get less for selling you many parts, its not a WALMART people, would help incentivize players to sell you the stuff then just dumping it into baro for something more useful like affinity/resource boosters, then at the very least some platinum value can be kept. But when people start demanding rare parts only for 1 plat or want to pay 3 to 5 plat for 6 parts, thats just sheeting on the time it takes, the traces burnt, the effort people have to go thru to get them, when those buyers just likely want to make sets to sell for 30 to 50 plat like some major jerk-wad. Its understandable to buy things cheap, but to pay a person in cereal so you can make a bunch of benjamins off of their hard work, is no better then riven mod re-sellers.

Agreed. 

I pay marginally more than the average going rate, for the same reason I buy prime junk. My time is at a premium. So I pay a little extra and save a bit more time. 

What you describe of demanding non-junk as junk gets people ignored instantly for exactly the sort of scalping you describe. The trend of offering rates by the ducat value (100 ducats at 4-5plat)is just starting to catch on here. If someone offers, I'll consider it, but I won't demand it. 

There's good plat to be had in selling prime junk. A lot of people just don't see it. 

My 2 cents... I have just over 200 login days. The game is free to download  I've never paid cash for platinum. I have gotten EVERY Prime frame , most prime and syndicate weapons and just about everything I could want from the market. The biggest issue I see are people refusing to understand what free market means. You need 1 hour in trade chat to make Platinum... but when you older players or greedy players refuse to sell for 5p or 10p cheaper than your asking price, you get beat out by new players who have nothing and are willing to trade the FREE items they have for 5 or 10p less. Why would buy your 200p prime set when someone who barely plays will sell 1 part at 20p?? They just want a slot or forma. They not online 12 hours everyday of the week. 4 trades to get ANY set under 100p... when I started,  I sold chroma at 50-60p often.  Now ill wait and sell just the systems at 30p... SOMEONE ALWAYS BUYS  by also,  SOMEONE ALWAYS SELLS CHEAPER. I see players trying to sell the same named rivens for MONTHS. Either lower your price or keep trying.  Personally,  I pick a day for sales and sell only when I see "WTB". Or I see wts wukong 150p 10x in a row. Well, I post at 120p and sell immediately. Or I see wtb wukong 135 and I message them "I sell" then follow with "wukong 130p"... why?  Because people selling wukong parts at 10-15p each. I bought 30 arcane grace at 80p last week.  Sold one r3 at 1650p immediately. Not at 2k like others been posting for months and traded one r3 for an unrolled fulmin riven. If you buy plat with cash is because you want plat faster and to avoid trading your items. Again, the game is FREE , trade chat is FREE market. If you sell low now,  you can hold out for more later. My only reason for leveling past mr 16 is so I have more trades per day. 20 trades at 10p each is 200p per day... 5 rivens at 40p each is 200p. That's 400p in one day. After 5 days, that's 2,000p. How much do you need? It seems like DE put a lot of effort into trade and the market because it the best system I've ever used.  Im very impressed a free game allows you so much without paying 1 penny.  Lastly, if you play void capture or void excavation, earn free roam syndicate standing you will have plenty of items to sell at or under 20p. Unless you just want to be greedy. If you actively trade but end up having over 70% of your trades daily, it's likely you are charging to much. PS, anyone can post prices on Warframe Market online. You should go by the prices you see in-game, not online website. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

My 2 cents... I have just over 200 login days. The game is free to download  I've never paid cash for platinum. I have gotten EVERY Prime frame , most prime and syndicate weapons and just about everything I could want from the market. The biggest issue I see are people refusing to understand what free market means. You need 1 hour in trade chat to make Platinum... but when you older players or greedy players refuse to sell for 5p or 10p cheaper than your asking price, you get beat out by new players who have nothing and are willing to trade the FREE items they have for 5 or 10p less. Why would buy your 200p prime set when someone who barely plays will sell 1 part at 20p?? They just want a slot or forma. They not online 12 hours everyday of the week. 4 trades to get ANY set under 100p... when I started,  I sold chroma at 50-60p often.  Now ill wait and sell just the systems at 30p... SOMEONE ALWAYS BUYS  by also,  SOMEONE ALWAYS SELLS CHEAPER. I see players trying to sell the same named rivens for MONTHS. Either lower your price or keep trying.  Personally,  I pick a day for sales and sell only when I see "WTB". Or I see wts wukong 150p 10x in a row. Well, I post at 120p and sell immediately. Or I see wtb wukong 135 and I message them "I sell" then follow with "wukong 130p"... why?  Because people selling wukong parts at 10-15p each. I bought 30 arcane grace at 80p last week.  Sold one r3 at 1650p immediately. Not at 2k like others been posting for months and traded one r3 for an unrolled fulmin riven. If you buy plat with cash is because you want plat faster and to avoid trading your items. Again, the game is FREE , trade chat is FREE market. If you sell low now,  you can hold out for more later. My only reason for leveling past mr 16 is so I have more trades per day. 20 trades at 10p each is 200p per day... 5 rivens at 40p each is 200p. That's 400p in one day. After 5 days, that's 2,000p. How much do you need? It seems like DE put a lot of effort into trade and the market because it the best system I've ever used.  Im very impressed a free game allows you so much without paying 1 penny.  Lastly, if you play void capture or void excavation, earn free roam syndicate standing you will have plenty of items to sell at or under 20p. Unless you just want to be greedy. If you actively trade but end up having over 70% of your trades daily, it's likely you are charging to much. PS, anyone can post prices on Warframe Market online. You should go by the prices you see in-game, not online website. 

^^ well said