Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thicken the Thrasher

Spoop3

OharoJm.jpg

This guy appears to be a much more beefy ancient but for some reason has no armor and dies quicker than the standard ones. The thrasher should be more durable and either use some form of armor or have a different composition than just infested flesh, Perhaps it can use infested sinew or borrow fossilized flesh from regular ancients. 

Additionally I've noticed that it will sometimes entirely fail to damage you even after the arm clearly connects.

Having an enemy type akin to a bombard in strength for the infested would give the faction a better dynamic where it isn't disposing of trash mobs every 3 seconds.

Edited by Spoop3

For one, the Thrasher isn't an ancient. It dies quicker because of the lack of innate heal pulses, and it's tendency to charge into combat far ahead of any healer support. And it wouldn't be the first Infested with no armor. In fact... Out of all Infested enemies... Jordas, both Juggernaught variants, Mutalist Alad V, Hemocyte, and Phorid are the only armored ones by default. All other Infested enemies gain armor by being exposed to the Swarm MOA's swarm clouds. Of the Infested, only Mutalist Alad V has shields.

That aside, I have noticed the Thrasher's tendency to miss even despite hitting me.

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

10 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

For one, the Thrasher isn't an ancient. It dies quicker because of the lack of innate heal pulses, and it's tendency to charge into combat far ahead of any healer support. And it wouldn't be the first Infested with no armor. In fact... Out of all Infested enemies... Jordas, both Juggernaught variants, Mutalist Alad V, Hemocyte, and Phorid are the only armored ones by default. All other Infested enemies gain armor by being exposed to the Swarm MOA's swarm clouds. Of the Infested, only Mutalist Alad V has shields.

That aside, I have noticed the Thrasher's tendency to miss even despite hitting me.

Referring to the definition of an ancient being an infested that has been around for so long all signs of the original host are gone. A boiler and broodmother are considered ancients for example. It also says that it is an ancient directly in the description above.

Edited by Spoop3

8 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

"An ancient brute"

A weird descriptor considering the fact people have connected it to the other new enemy, the Undying Flyer.

It's possible the descriptor might just be for anything that's undergone that kind of mutation at this point, since the Infested can and do recreate victims from pre-existing patterns. The Healers coming from that one lorist in the Corrupted ancient imprint, for example. Most 'ancients' are probably not actually ancient in the traditional sense by now.