Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolons time gate ... again

IMP_102

25 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

I agree that the night/day cycle of Cetus is pretty annoying. The option to drop in during whichever one you want would be an extremely welcome change.

I have faith in DE doing the best thing for their players. There is plenty of precedent for that in the game. 

The removal of platinum cost on revives.

The switch from tower keys to the relics system (amittedly controversial to some people) ultimatelly improved on a bad system.

The introduction of the nightwave. The previous alert system was not good, there were times where I spent whole weekends checking warframe alert tracker every half an hour for any alerts containign nitain/vauban parts/auras.

I don't view eidolon time gate any more different, it's not a good system and it is better off changed.

On 2019-09-12 at 1:35 PM, Cerebrophage said:

This would actually create a greater supply and demand for things like Arcanes, and a Platinum sink for DE. It's a win-win for them.

I will quote myself regarding this topic on the neighboring thread.

Looks like you weren’t here when the arcanes got moved from the currently retired “Trial” Missions to The Three Eidolons. For example Rank 3 Arcane Energize used to cost 8000 (800 platinum for unranked) platinum during the trial missions era, now it’s less than 2000 platinum (200 platinum or lower for unranked). You can see the arcanes already devalued significantly here.

If you don’t know, Trial missions are 8 player raid type mission that you can attempt twice daily anytime (Normal and Nightmare) that can give you 1 random arcane in Normal and 1 rare random arcane in Nightmare. You can still repeat the missions beyond the daily cap for credits and rare containers.

Removing the time gate completely will only be the final nail in the coffin.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

For example Rank 3 Arcane Energize used to cost 8000 (800 platinum for unranked) platinum during the trial missions era, now it’s less than 2000 platinum (200 platinum or lower for unranked). You can see the arcanes already devalued significantly here.

This isn't really bad though. Lower price but higher volume, and as a bonus with more people having access to the arcanes you'll be spreading the plat from trading to larger volume of people too, instead of that plat being stockpiled by the elite few. I can't really see that as negative.

19 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

This isn't really bad though. Lower price but higher volume, and as a bonus with more people having access to the arcanes you'll be spreading the plat from trading to larger volume of people too, instead of that plat being stockpiled by the elite few. I can't really see that as negative.

Well it is not a negative, but removing the time gate entirely will significantly reduce the demand and and increase the supply for them thus devaluing them even further because of the constant unlimited farming. Theoretically, a no life can farm dozens of Arcane Energize sets in 1 day if the time gate is removed entirely.

Because these type of suggestions have been requested before and keep being ignored by DE, I am afraid your thread will be ignored by them aswell (because they know this suggestion will hurt their income more than you think).

23 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Theoretically, a no life can farm dozens of Arcane Energize sets in 1 day if the time gate is removed entirely.

I was going to point out that that would be insane, and assuming you can do a 6x3 in 50 minutes would mean 173 tridolong a day, with average haul of 8.7 Arcane energizes, but then I remembered there are also people who watch Ayaya for 10 hours live on stream, so never mind that. But I would say that such issue could be easily solved by introducing a daily cap on the number of runs (as one potential solution). I never really intended to imply that access to eidolons should be entirelly unlimited.

15 minutes ago, IMP_102 said:

I was going to point out that that would be insane, and assuming you can do a 6x3 in 50 minutes would mean 173 tridolong a day, with average haul of 8.7 Arcane energizes, but then I remembered there are also people who watch Ayaya for 10 hours live on stream, so never mind that. But I would say that such issue could be easily solved by introducing a daily cap on the number of runs (as one potential solution). I never really intended to imply that access to eidolons should be entirelly unlimited.

The number of runs would still need to be a little on the generous side if you were to think about the average number of runs people can do currently and at least attempt to maintain that as some form of status quo. Just off the cuff here, so don't get too bogged down if you disagree with my math here, but...

*From the wiki, 

Daytime in the Plains lasts for 100 minutes, while nighttime lasts only 50 minutes.

This means players get 8 hours a day in 50 minute segments. 2 Tridolon hunts per cycle for a half way competent squad seems reasonable, while more optimized squads could probably do 3-4. There are 480 minutes of Night each day, so 480/50 = 9.6 cycles... so 2 per cycle means ~19 per day. This also assumes players never miss any cycles (presumably never sleep or leave the house), so even if you want to account for that and take about 1/4 off that total, a no-lifer can reasonably still do 14 a day if they are dedicated. Let's round up to a nice even 15 and call that a good limit per day for your hunts while also acknowledging that most players probably won't even reach that cap every day.

Seems fair to me and would solve the issue the OP (and many others) have with the current system.

6 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

I will quote myself regarding this topic on the neighboring thread.

Looks like you weren’t here when the arcanes got moved from the currently retired “Trial” Missions to The Three Eidolons. For example Rank 3 Arcane Energize used to cost 8000 (800 platinum for unranked) platinum during the trial missions era, now it’s less than 2000 platinum (200 platinum or lower for unranked). You can see the arcanes already devalued significantly here.

If you don’t know, Trial missions are 8 player raid type mission that you can attempt twice daily anytime (Normal and Nightmare) that can give you 1 random arcane in Normal and 1 rare random arcane in Nightmare. You can still repeat the missions beyond the daily cap for credits and rare containers.

Removing the time gate completely will only be the final nail in the coffin

I actually was, thanks for making that assumption based off of one profile. I was just on a different platform PS4:Cerebrophage, tyvm. Tbqh, I am glad that arcanes have devalued as it gives more players access to content by other means that are otherwise impossible due to the elite behavior that the Tridolon community has. I remember when it was on those raids and this was the only way to achieve them. I didn't have time for them because they took so long and the rewards were too expensive so I just chalked it up as something I'd never get and just forgot about it altogether.

This current iteration of dispensing arcanes as loot is a fantastic improvement and one large step in the right direction. That being said, it still needs improvement so more players with time constraints can have access to it.

Edited by Cerebrophage