The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My quick take on Atlas ( the buffs released with his prime didn't do him any favors )

keikogi

6 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

One thing Ive been thinking about to give his Boulder (second cast if tectonics) more viable damage wise is inverse hp/damage scaling. My current atlas build grants a tectonics around 15k hp. What if the boulder dealt more damage the lower the hp of the wall was? Even 1 for 1, that means you could do potentially 15k damage with the boulder

Doesn't really help that much. Atlas this change would only be help on defense missions. In any other game mode you will not stay begind the wall enough time to get any real damage out that. Besides my change just give landslide damage to the bolder , probably it is enought damage.

Not trying to get in the way of progress, but personally i love atlas and think he's fine.  His 2 is waaaay more useful than ppl give it credit (the roll can animation cancel his  3 and 4 animations, and can be used mid landslide if you'd like to reposition it without the rolling animation, and it has some of the strongest aggro pull in the game, both as a wall, and especially as the ball), and we all know how strong his 1 and 3 is. Even his 4 is constant cc and pull aggro really well.

I like to think of him as a nice middle ground between inaros and nidus. He's doesnt do as much damage as nidus, and doesnt have the amount of direct tankiness as inaros, but he's not as stationary and doesnt have the ramp up time like nidus, and he does waaay more damage than inaros. And since the changes to freeze mechanics, his 3 is more useful to teams , as its cc, and a damage debuff, whereas nidus pulls targets away from teammates so he can kill them himself, and his damage buff has a range and player limit, and inaros' cc gives no one extra damage except melee users. 

Edited by Buddhakingpen

13 hours ago, k05h said:

Atlas Prime is still about brawling but more durable. All Umbral mods bring him to 1870 health and almost 1400 armor. That makes him a reliable frontline brawler or a rock&stone gun platform. 

I know atlas kit is about punching. That's why my entire rework is centered around landslide. Do you know why I despise Atlas prime buff??

They are both an admition of gilt and a proclamation that they won't change anything. No prime before atlas had his efective to nearly double. This means DE probably know atlas is not nearly as tough is he looks. I don't realy mind atas prime having 175 base health( as far as I am concerned he could have 250 and I would just get mild balance concerns ), what bothers me is atlas prime having 75% more health than atlas. Does DE has any intention of reworking atlas , I would say NO. Even death cub got more meanfull ability changes than atlas ( vaporize now scales with mods).

Ha ha @keikogi I was thinking about Atlas changes when I saw the Prime update drop with nothing but Gauss tweaks and came here to post my thoughts on a rework, but you could say you...beat me to the punch.  😛

I thought that they could just change his 2's Boulder damage to scale off of the current health of the Bulwark (or a percentage of it, at least) and have Petrify able to heal his wall (just like the Rumblers).  Other than that, you already suggested everything I thought of and more, so I'll just upvote your suggestion and cross my fingers someone sees it.

3 hours ago, keikogi said:

I know atlas kit is about punching. That's why my entire rework is centered around landslide. Do you know why I despise Atlas prime buff??

They are both an admition of gilt and a proclamation that they won't change anything. No prime before atlas had his efective to nearly double. This means DE probably know atlas is not nearly as tough is he looks. I don't realy mind atas prime having 175 base health( as far as I am concerned he could have 250 and I would just get mild balance concerns ), what bothers me is atlas prime having 75% more health than atlas. Does DE has any intention of reworking atlas , I would say NO. Even death cub got more meanfull ability changes than atlas ( vaporize now scales with mods).

Volt Prime was the first Prime that came with big buffs (300 energy was a huge gap forward back then), some could say he started the trend

And he got a rework

39 minutes ago, Tatann said:

Volt Prime was the first Prime that came with big buffs (300 energy was a huge gap forward back then), some could say he started the trend

And he got a rework

I not saying an Atals rework is not going to happen ( they are reworking Vauban and Ember and there is no prime vault about to open ), but last week was the most financially profitable day to release an Atlas rework. Why DE had a reason to rework volt besides profit from his prime access, he is a starter frame. He is important for the consumer first impression of Warframe. Am I saying Atlas will not receive further changes? No. It is likely he is going to receive further changes this year? Unless the is a community outrage, NO.

Agreed @keikogi, I'm happy that he got something but he needs more, DE needs to give players a reason to buy or farm him.  His accessory pack is a joke and most of his visuals are still the same as is his kit.  He needs a rework, they have so few excuses, the community regularly gives them ideas that DE could easily use.

I was watching a stream the other night and one of his teammates mentioned that Gauss got Atlas's rework and balances in Atlas Prime's own patch while he got nothing.  Honestly that's so on the nose it's almost sad.

Edited by Hawk1911

Atlas abilities certainly don't need more damage but tectonics is missing something to synergize well with his whole kit. First Atlas should summon a shard of stone, not some angular wall (unless we didn't know he was into masonry) that would slightly scale with power range (better range to summon a slightly larger or higher shard). And most importantly, remove the boulder attack (it never really worked anyway) and make the shard petrify all around it if reactivated (destroy if channel).

We could also get something like Wisp's 3rd if casting petrify when targeting the wall (casting a larger radial petrify and teleportation to the wall). Thus Atlas could be less stationary while defending. Anyway Atlas whole kit is now based upon petrification so that's pretty much what we need to really make him awesome.

His 4 I've been noticing even with 200%+ power strength are useless against even basic butchers above level 40.  They have almost no scaling, they are fun to use but beyond level 30-40 they are not as useful.  Plus their attacks are too slow, as with pretty much all "living" companions or summons.

Maybe make a way for them to scale, like as you get more Rock armor?  Then DE would have to fix that aspect of his kit because it takes too much energy and bleeds off too quickly

The wall absolutely needs to go or get completely reworked, no getting around that fact.  Funny that Atlas's wall is small enough to get around, completely defeating the purpose.

14 minutes ago, Hawk1911 said:

His 4 I've been noticing even with 200%+ power strength are useless against even basic butchers above level 40.  They have almost no scaling, they are fun to use but beyond level 30-40 they are not as useful.  Plus their attacks are too slow, as with pretty much all "living" companions or summons.

Maybe make a way for them to scale, like as you get more Rock armor?  Then DE would have to fix that aspect of his kit because it takes too much energy and bleeds off too quickly

Already addressed that, they cast landslide when atlas casts landslide. So, they have high damage potential but require player engagement.

17 minutes ago, Hawk1911 said:

The wall absolutely needs to go or get completely reworked, no getting around that fact.  Funny that Atlas's wall is small enough to get around, completely defeating the purpose.

I’ve proposed a completely reworked version of tectonics called titan steps. Just click in the spoiler tag.  It is hidden under a spoiler tag because this is supposed to be a quick take.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-04 at 3:20 AM, 000l000 said:

Atlas abilities certainly don't need more damage but tectonics is missing something to synergize well with his whole kit. First Atlas should summon a shard of stone, not some angular wall

It summons a wall because it looks like DE based that skill on earthbending ( avatar , just an observation based on the animations ).

petrify all around it if reactivated (destroy if channel).

Don't create the same skill twice , if you want radial petrify make the stone monolith reflect petrify on aoe.

We could also get something like Wisp's 3rd if casting petrify when targeting the wall (casting a larger radial petrify and teleportation to the wall).

Why add a teleport on atlas kit , he already has his way of moving around called punching.

Anyway Atlas whole kit is now based upon petrification so that's pretty much what we need to really make him awesome.

I don't know how you missed it , the only thing Atlas does well noe days is punching. Why rework his kit around petrification ? He won't be able to outcompete other cc framaes and lose his identity as punch frame.

15 hours ago, Hawk1911 said:

If you want to fix rumblrers basic stack damage , just allow them to benefit from mods equiped on atlas malee weapon . I dod not do that because I want to create more active gameplay , so rumblers only do work if you are using your skill.