Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PS4] Stealth missions for the purpose of leveling is getting harder with every Patch.

(PSN)Rackster15

I'm here to talk about how stealth missions are just so annoying to use as a form of leveling weapons.

I use Ivara in the Exterminate mission on Jupiter to take advantage of the 500% stealth affinity boost but after every patch, change, update there always seems to be a change that make the grind ever more difficult. It just makes this method of farming harder than it should be and quite frankly pointless Why have this method of farming when its so hard DE wants the forms of grind to be diverse but they judt make everything that's remotely efficient challenging.I personally find Hydron farming repetitive and seriously boring at times but im forced to use it since DE is adamant at making it as hard as possible.

My issues are: 

Grineer become alerted when you kill some them even though they are asleep from Ivaras sleep arrow. Why?! You also can't use the noise arrow followed by the sleep arrow because the same thing happens they somehow become alerted in their sleep when on the minimap they were obviously un alerted before that which does not make sense. Grineer get alerted through walls...why? Im using a silent weapon on in one room to find everyone is alerted in the next. The Grineer somehow have super sayan sight in this latest patch. I had barely turned the corner to find myself in a hail of bullets that forces me to be constantly invisible meaning im forced to burn through energy pads since energising dash doesn't work. How is it even possible to maintain the Affinity bonus when you're using a non stealth frame.

Don't even get me started on enemy spawning. There are times where there are 30 enemies in a room for you to kill but somehow when you're done 5 more spawn behind you alerted?! There are times when i get the "closest enemy marker" they are 800m away, then as i move towards the marker they all just spawn right in my room to the point where the minimap just looks red, there is never any consistency. I would give up all the fancy graphics and lighting together with the visual and particle effects just so that DE can fix this ever worsening mess. I genuinely enjoy Warframe but the grind is sickening but what's worse is finding out your method of grind was nerfed in a game where everything is too grindy.

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Rackster15 said:

I would give up all the fancy graphics and lighting together with the visual and particle effects just so that DE can fix this ever worsening mess.

Fun fact: these things have literally no bearing on the mechanics you are finding issue with. DE is not staffed entirely with multi discipline employees that can move from art to mechanics to whatever because X or Y need more people. It just doesn't work that way.

The buggy enemy spawns are the annoying thing to me also. Either there isn't enough enemies or you can't leave a single room for the entire exterminate mission since they spawn over and over. 

Even in one of the current ESO round on a Gas City tile. If you hold an ignis wraith in the center or a similar type weapon, then you can have like 50 enemies spawn over and over in the same spot. 

20 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

DE is not staffed entirely with multi discipline employees that can move from art to mechanics to whatever because X or Y need more people. It just doesn't work that way.

DE has a staffing budget just like every other company on the planet so if they are spending X salary to hire employees working on X then they have restrictions on hiring people to work on Y.  They also very clearly invest heavily on the graphics of the game... the point was maybe they should focus more on the core game mechanics instead.  You can pretty up a turd all you want  but in the end it's still a turd.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

the point was maybe they should focus more on the core game mechanics instead.

Have you considered it is not a matter of throwing a bunch of people at the problem? That these issues are more complex than you think they are?

Fact is, they're doing better than they ever have and I would wager they know their business better than random forum goers.

On 2019-09-20 at 4:48 PM, peterc3 said:

Fun fact: these things have literally no bearing on the mechanics you are finding issue with. DE is not staffed entirely with multi discipline employees that can move from art to mechanics to whatever because X or Y need more people. It just doesn't work that way.

My point is that the resources time and money spent on that faculty/area can or may be better spent fixing gameplay. What worth are the graphics if the mechanics are not up to standard

On 2019-09-20 at 2:58 PM, (PS4)Rackster15 said:

My issues are: 

Grineer become alerted when you kill some them even though they are asleep from Ivaras sleep arrow. Why?! You also can't use the noise arrow followed by the sleep arrow because the same thing happens they somehow become alerted in their sleep when on the minimap they were obviously un alerted before that which does not make sense. Grineer get alerted through walls...why? Im using a silent weapon on in one room to find everyone is alerted in the next. The Grineer somehow have super sayan sight in this latest patch. I had barely turned the corner to find myself in a hail of bullets that forces me to be constantly invisible meaning im forced to burn through energy pads since energising dash doesn't work. How is it even possible to maintain the Affinity bonus when you're using a non stealth frame.

DE did this awhile back as a way to nerf the hell out of using Stealth to farm Affinity.  Currently, Ivara is pretty much the only frame who can keep a max stealth multiplier going.  That's only because of the combo of Prowl and Sleep Arrow, and even then you have to be careful or you will lose the bonus.  

I personally think it's a bunch of B.S. that sleeping enemies get alerted while asleep and that enemies seem to magically hear silent weapons in a completely different room if not invisible.  The change also made some of the MR challenges extremely hard if you don't know about using Channeled Melee attacks to destroy the enemy bodies so the others won't see them causing an instant fail.