Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Djinn - Not Really Fulfilling Any Wishes, This One.

Ced23Ric

Even after we have a video people still fail to see what FA does? Really? Well granted with the description it is not the clearest but at least now we have a visual hint of what it does.

Just to let people know it does NOT attract enemies closer/taunt/pull/whatever.

It is meant to be an AoE attack that charges up and is activated when enemies are nearby. However by the looks of the video it does seem to be a little lackluster at the moment. I do agree that an Absorb like behaviousrwould greatly befefit it or at least better damage output.

Even after we have a video people still fail to see what FA does? Really? Well granted with the description it is not the clearest but at least now we have a visual hint of what it does.

Just to let people know it does NOT attract enemies closer/taunt/pull/whatever.

It is meant to be an AoE attack that charges up and is activated when enemies are nearby. However by the looks of the video it does seem to be a little lackluster at the moment. I do agree that an Absorb like behaviousrwould greatly befefit it or at least better damage output.

The thing is that the description is still there and DE has not said a word if the power is working as intended or not.

And if it's a taunt the test that have been done do not properly give the Sentinel the ability to actually use the power because the enemies are already attacking you.

So as of right now we have some sort arc attack which has nothing to do with what the card says.

Maybe a test needs to be done with two people, have one shooting at enemies and getting their attention while the person with the Djinn sneaks close while not getting cause to see if the attack draws people in. But any attack would, technically, draw people in so..... we just need a word from DE.

And I can agree with that statement, we do need a clear explanation of what it does. So far it does look indeed like it is meant to be a radial vaporize, but if that is the intention it is then in fact quite lackluster and needs a serious buff (assuming it's not bugged or anything).

I honestly do expect some description when the clantech hotfix hits.

So lets start over a bit again.

The "poison" dart, rifle based weapon, does not stack DoT.

Fatal attraction deals mediocre damage to even level 10 grineer, where as vaporize, a similar effect, can vaporize a grineer around the level 30s at most. When it is in effect, there is no absorption type of effect for the sentinel or the player? Seems like suicide for most frames.

The rifle range is nice, but for it's slow fire rate by default, it seems really inaccurate. Looks like the dart has some travel time too?

The only thing I like about it is how it looks and I thought it was going to be badass seeing how much required material is needed. I was looking forward to making it, but I don't want to make it knowing the performance gets overhauled by sentinels made from the market for so little material. Sentinels are a huge part of my interest in this game, they aren't pets, they're liek your mini drones with it's own mind and you don't command it, it just follows you. Reminds me of the old game R-Type with the little things flying around your ship with special powered lasers and beams.

Edited by Laosduude

But seriously, I can see where you're coming from.

I have a Djinn, and although it may not be close to comparison to Dethcube; it still does it's job.

Do you feel that if we lowered the cost people would be more inclined to make it?

I've heard good and bad things about Djinn so I'm wondering what your thoughts are.

Hell Deth Machine doesn't do jack sht with Carrier, it's like Carrier doesn't even know he has this op maxed Deth Machine rifle equipped and yet Carrier still out performs Djinn and Carrier doesn't even shoot back with Deth Machine equipped.

The salvage requirement is too high by a factor of 10. Otherwise I think the price is reasonable considering how good djinn's gun is for other sentinels. The fact that djinn's abilities don't compliment each other or any sentinel weapon is a bit dumb.

No offense, but its not hard to see why Cedric isn't a mod anymore, since he barely used the Djinn before making his post.

People making drama posts about things they don't actually know about is the kinda things mods should be stopping.

No offense, but its not hard to see why Cedric isn't a mod anymore, since he barely used the Djinn before making his post.

People making drama posts about things they don't actually know about is the kinda things mods should be stopping.

I agree DE best and everything on U10 is perfect. 

I was going to write up why Djinn is really actually kinda the best sentinel for solo and group play, but i have an appointment with my psychiatrist in 10 minutes. Something about the capital of Sweden... i forget. Djinn stay beast, stay OP :)

No, we only got confirmation from Scott as to the abilities of the sentinel. Obviously what he says is less accurate than what you can test yourself. Please, tell us the redeeming qualities of a pet that only attracts aggro and has a projectile weapon with the furtherest range.

I agree DE best and everything on U10 is perfect. 

I was going to write up why Djinn is really actually kinda the best sentinel for solo and group play, but i have an appointment with my psychiatrist in 10 minutes. Something about the capital of Sweden... i forget. Djinn stay beast, stay OP :)

I have Stockholm Syndrome because a former mod (and a good mod at that) made a post criticizing something he never even bothered to use? He claimed it had a taunt (it does not). He claimed it would be balanced with a hitscan weapon. Anyone who has actually used Djinn will tell you that Stinger damage combined with hitscan would be nutso OP. You wouldn't need primaries or secondaries anymore.

If you somehow get "DE fan boy" out of that, well, thats your choice I guess.

Ced covered it best.

There is a non-clantech sentinel with a superior weapon, better build cost, and more usefull core ability.

This leaves Djinn without a huge purpose, being that it is the most costly sentinel.

If DE wanted to address and fix this, they could adjust sentinel AI, actually give sentinels armor, and/or just change Fatal Attraction.

I expected to be paying for a flying Acrid and I'm sure others did the same.

I'm sorry but what? You're saying that someone's opinion is why they shouldn't be a mod? He's just sharing his opinion.

I have Djinn while using him for a few days I was unable to fine his use.

-As a DPS pet: Dijinn is strictly inferior to Dethcube even with the Ai darts, he can not hit a moving target. His two ability are also worse than Dethcube and I at least KNOW what vaporize does.

-As a utility pet he has no use whatsoever.

Djinn is grossly overpriced while being inferior to a credit pet. If this pet had been a drop from the golem boss I wouldn't mind it as a vanity pet, but he just isn't worth the cost of the assembly. This pet needs to be dramatically buffed or the means of acquiring him changed.

Edited by LazyKnight

I have a Djinn, and although it may not be close to comparison to Dethcube; it still does it's job.

Do you feel that if we lowered the cost people would be more inclined to make it?

I've heard good and bad things about Djinn so I'm wondering what your thoughts are.

Djinn needs a few things.

1. Give it an armor buff, so steel fiber has an effect (And so it pulling people isn't a death sentence)

2. Stinger projectiles need to be slightly faster, they feel very very laggy as is

3. Attraction should do what Ash's teleport still doesn't, and that is stagger targets, even a little. so it finds it's niche as the "Melee sentinel" (It -does- synergize with frames like excal and ember who can melee build like mad) so you actually have a chance to react when it suprises you with a sudden grab of the melee guy you didn't see.

4. Less zoom when you're customizing it, seriously. It's pretty big. (/nitpick)

Overall, it's a neat idea (A Melee/shortrange friendly sentinel) but it's not tough enough or useful enough to warrant using over deathcube (Vaporize) or Carrier (Picks up the loot while you keep the hurt going!)

Psst! Hey buddy! Your cognitive dissonance is showing.

But for topic, Djinn is the worst sentinel at the moment. Only thing it has going for it is the attack precept which has pretty decent range, I'm not entirely sure if MurderBox has better range but still. And it looks pretty neat, kind of a duck,seal,fish thing that escaped from some madmans lab.

That's about it for the good things. I have seen Djinn shine orange but after that nothing, so yeah. Pretty useless. And as sentinels go, people tend to use them as utility things, like Shade for invis, wyrm for knockback, KillerCrate for pewpew and zzap and Balzac for vacuum. Djinn kind of falls short. 

If you increased Djinns armor, shield and health and changed the skill so it actively tanks for you (like takes 5/10/15/20/25/30% of all incoming damage) it would be something different and neat and even then it would probably be less useful than other sentinels.

Im leveling him now and im no big city mathematician but i see people turning green and flying backwards. So his darts may not moving targets but if they dont move or come straight at you he is going to hit them.

I still dont know what the other thing does because when i had without the gun he would charge it up every time an enemy was near but i havent maxed it yet. I'll wait till i max it then sneak on enemies to see if he makes them turn or something.

So at this point he is the most basic of sentinel. Just a little turret flying above you.

Psst! Hey buddy! Your cognitive dissonance is showing.

I dont think that term means what you think it means.

But for topic, Djinn is the worst sentinel at the moment. Only thing it has going for it is the attack precept which has pretty decent range, I'm not entirely sure if MurderBox has better range but still. And it looks pretty neat, kind of a duck,seal,fish thing that escaped from some madmans lab.

Nothing going for it besides the best sentinel weapon in the game by far.

That's about it for the good things. I have seen Djinn shine orange but after that nothing, so yeah. Pretty useless. And as sentinels go, people tend to use them as utility things, like Shade for invis, wyrm for knockback, KillerCrate for pewpew and zzap and Balzac for vacuum. Djinn kind of falls short.

Yup, the sentinel itself is useless (though cool looking, kudos to the artists). The Stinger is awesome though.

i could care less how expensive things are... i like the process of earning things.

i would agree with the hitscan stuff, i had the same problem with Wrym when i started using him. But how much should humans being relying on damage from their pet?

as for fatal attraction goes; it seems pretty useless.

I dont think that term means what you think it means.

Nothing going for it besides the best sentinel weapon in the game by far.

Yup, the sentinel itself is useless (though cool looking, kudos to the artists). The Stinger is awesome though.

Is stinger worth the materials then? Also shotgun mods are far superior to rifle mods as such sweeper is actually best sentinel weapon, hitscan, makes dead enemies fly around and can reach 150% armor piercing damage. Stinger does damage sure, but the projectile is slow and sentinel aim is horrid meaning good luck hitting anything that isn't standing still or right in your face, in which case sweeper does a better job.

Also I do know what the term means, I'd say it fits here pretty good.

Fun fact: The salvage used here (30.000) can be used to make a little under 6 Glaives, 7 if you count in the salvage used for the Mutagen masses.

I'd suggest you remove a zero from the salvage cost.

and while you're at it, return mutagen samples back to the Sol system

Edited by Magmahunter

I would like to know what exactly Fatal Attraction is supposed to do.