Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 10.1.3

[DE]darryl1

Is that sentinel change even necessary?

I could go to take dump in peace because I know my cute and brilliant sentinel will be there for me. Not anymore.

If we want to gain XP when AFK, we could just go to a defense mission and sit on top of that coffin, let teammate do the work, same S#&$.

Increase the duration to 5 minutes, or remove it please. What was you thinking?

to me it seems like another brainfart from DE's part showing their lack of experince in dealing with players WHO "cheat" or exploit systems. imo. add a kick system instead no one will accept a god damn leecher on a team and most defence missions should be hard enough that the sentinal could not take care of all mobs before they kill the player, if it can, then nerf the sentinal its clearly too strong :) but nooooo lets add nerfs to the sentinal and punish all players that might actually use it when they need a quick afk ( toilet, someone at door, irritating mom calling and so on )

crap patch.

Edited by Chloroment

Chloroment, on 25 Sept 2013 - 9:46 PM, said:

yup thats what i used em for... but it does not surprise me that some players would exploit this and ruin it for the rest of us. Sadly our community is full of players that tries to ruin the game more than enjoying it. Nature of humans sadly ;(

The psychology of the situation is not that they seek to ruin the game. The psychology is "I have to get 90000 Salvage, 120 Mutagen Samples, etc. etc. to build this thing." You get a little reward in your brain when you accomplish those mini goals, but the big reward comes when you click build and ultimately "Claim" in the foundry. Then there are all the depressors. a bad Harvest run after run. Coming some trivial amount short meaning you have to enter one more mission and hope you get a drop. It can be maddening.

So when a method comes comes a long that ease the pain, and simplifies the constant, extraction, re-enter mission grind/slog that is the farming process those stuck in the rut will take it and use it. The concept of "ruining

it for others will unlikely cross their minds" and they would more likely share with you so that you can benefit from the experience as well, because "everyone knows the grind is painful"

You might notice the similarity to some addictions there this is why the whole skinner box concept is evil.

How about not off-handedly referring to a frustrated segment of your player-base, tired of the overwhelming grind and farm designed into the game, as lazy?

A Number of us have voiced these concerns. You know what's becoming most troubling about Digital Extremes and Warframe? I'm starting to look for ways to beat the system. Not looking for new ways to play the game, but ways to beat DE and Warframe. IT. IS. NOT. FUN. I feel like I might be better served watching a screen of squares with pictures of Orokin Cell, and Mutagen samples, and Neurodes on them and then every 5 minutes I can click on the picture, and a item pops out and then I can click on the item and I get to collect it and when I get enough I can build the a neat item I want, like a neat new Sentinel Tractor that will automate some of that 5 minute work for me. Or an Orokin Cell Mine that will automatically generate more Orokin cells, so I can create the Orokin Transwarp Generator which will allow me to Fund enough Lotuses to trigger the Lotusocalypse.

The day Warframe merges with cookie clicker is the day my Naga gaming mouse will BURST INTO FLAMES. Also? Space Carpal Tunnel!

The psychology of the situation is not that they seek to ruin the game. The psychology is "I have to get 90000 Salvage, 120 Mutagen Samples, etc. etc. to build this thing." You get a little reward in your brain when you accomplish those mini goals, but the big reward comes when you click build and ultimately "Claim" in the foundry. Then there are all the depressors. a bad Harvest run after run. Coming some trivial amount short meaning you have to enter one more mission and hope you get a drop. It can be maddening.

So when a method comes comes a long that ease the pain, and simplifies the constant, extraction, re-enter mission grind/slog that is the farming process those stuck in the rut will take it and use it. The concept of "ruining

it for others will unlikely cross their minds" and they would more likely share with you so that you can benefit from the experience as well, because "everyone knows the grind is painful"

You might notice the similarity to some addictions there this is why the whole skinner box concept is evil.

perhaps they should just give up the segmented mission structure and try to turn it into a full MMO? i admit i'm starting to get tired of the "stuck in a tin can" approach to missions. it kills the game's addictiveness pretty quickly. sadly, i dont think an exploratory element fits in with the chosen lore and area design... unless they wanna rip off SWTOR, which might not be such a bad idea...

Hotfix 10.1.3

• Sentinels are now aware of lazy Tenno masters and will take a break if they go AFK for over a minute
  • Fixed a case where the infamously-sneaky Captain Vor could teleport to a distant room after his intro cinematic finishes
  • Fixed button callouts missing from tutorial messages
  • Fixed Ember's Fireblast not affecting flying enemies
  • Added Referral Program link to Contacts overlay

Update: Recruit Ninjas button now links to correct URL.

Right, since you can't just press Esc while in solo mode...

^ This. If you're in Solo Mode and suddenly need to answer the phone or nature's call, you can press the Esc key to pause the game. There's no need for your Sentinel to cover you.

On a slight tangent, if you're in one of the group modes, ideally your squad should cover for you since it IS a Co-Op game. If there's no cooperation within the squad, then I think that points more to an issue with the player community than with Sentinels in general. In any case, I don't think Sentinels should act as a substitute for a squad if that's how some players are using them.

Whatever the case, I agree that the change to Sentinels is probably not the best solution for what DE is trying to remedy.

Edited by Kordosa

I love how all the people complaining about AFK stuff have under 20 posts. If you can't be bothered to play the game, then you shouldn't be rewarded.

Also there was a guy that complained about not being able to get up during single-player. Dude,  PUSH ESCAPE. It literally pauses the game.

Wait, so instead of fixing the actual problem: which is your hp staying at 5 after oxygen has gone out (and you not dying) / only chargers spawn after oxygen has run out. You put an afk detector on sentinels? Since you have actually condoned the use of macros, this is only going to affect bathroom breaks...

I know need something but when you guys fix the damage / armor system then the sentinels will given  a few armor? We need a display for the sentinels to check if he/she in trouble.

other: Possible to make an ingame forum for clans to manage their fellow tenno's activity and messaging?

Edited by Grekkatarq

I love how all the people complaining about AFK stuff have under 20 posts. If you can't be bothered to play the game, then you shouldn't be rewarded.

Also there was a guy that complained about not being able to get up during single-player. Dude,  PUSH ESCAPE. It literally pauses the game.

>Implying that the number of posts a person has in any way reflects their amount of time spent playing the game. I have so few posts because I DO play the game (instead of just sitting on the forums, or whatever it is you think we're supposed to do). Think more.

Hotfix 10.1.3

• Sentinels are now aware of lazy Tenno masters and will take a break if they go AFK for over a minute
  • Fixed a case where the infamously-sneaky Captain Vor could teleport to a distant room after his intro cinematic finishes
  • Fixed button callouts missing from tutorial messages
  • Fixed Ember's Fireblast not affecting flying enemies
  • Added Referral Program link to Contacts overlay

Update: Recruit Ninjas button now links to correct URL.

Hotfix 10.1.3

Can they give s Mastery points now, 

why i need to spend 30k Salvage, 6 Mutagen Mass and 2 Forma.

Edited by histori