Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitrations & Pets

Zyga21

Pets (any companion with a bleedout timer) should be able to be revived in some way.

In the unlikely case that during the 2 seconds after falling off a ledge, or being grappled by an ancient, and I can't heal my pet back to full with prime pack leader and Tek assault doesn't proc (it happens more often than you might think), the pet can die killing the entire run because it's never coming back. No radar, no vacuum, and no charm basically makes it a really bad idea to run any longer on the mission. If we could pick up the life token things (as the owner of the pet only) to revive it it would kind of solve this problem.

Comments I foresee:

"Why not just run djinn?" because charm and fetch and pack leader and link mods.

"well that's what you get for bringing a mortal companion and not bringing inaros with link health" I do also like to play the game, and ever since they made death not permanent in arbys it allows anyone to play basically any frame they want because if they die it's not a huge deal (which is a good thing). But on the other hand pet death is permanent which, if they die, kills off enough of the utility to just want to quit right there.

"I don't want to pick up life tokens for my pet"  Are you sure about that? would you honestly rather play without fetch/loot&enemy radar etc? I suppose if you really don't care, why bring a pet at all, bring djinn or a sentinel that has 1-3 extra lives, you bring a pet for the bonuses, you want the bonuses, if you lose the bonuses, it would be nice to have a way to get it back rather than losing it for the rest of the run.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk, this shouldn't really be an issue, I don't know why they didn't at least make pets revive with you if you get revived, or just add in a system to revive them the same way you would a player. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Zyga21 said:

"Why not just run djinn?" because charm and fetch and pack leader and link mods.

Also because it's IMO a horrible ability because it takes way too much time to trigger (a minute and a half) that isn't really practical on normal missions cause in a lot of cases you're gonna be half done or completely done (Depending on when it yeets) by the time it unyeets itself. 

Waste of a mod slot IMHO. Especially now that companions have Vacuum, as they are more durably, do more consistent damage. 

Now it might have been borderline vaguely almost useful, not really cause it's totally impractical in Arbitration if DE hadn't gone out of their way to ensure that the completely impractical combo of Reawaken and Sacrifice wouldn't work. Cause lets be honest you had better offs of celestial convergences than pulling off a clutch Sacrifice in Arbies. 

This really does seem to be a bit of an edge case where the zero revive policy is just being hard enforced across the board, likely because it was easier to program without exceptions. Tho they should probably make exceptions for companions especially since the player is on some level taking a risk (even if it is largely mitigated with voidkid mode) by taking the time to resurrect their companion

Edited by Oreades
  • Like 2