Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Referral Program Misuse - Discussion

Ced23Ric

Oh wow, can you communicate your point without personal insults? Also DE is a company not individual person. They did not invite us to visit their house, they are selling/renting the house. And right now it seems like they offer exclusive deals for new occupants instead of old ones who already got their friends to rent from them. 

And no I don't abuse the system because it's not worth it. But this is a spit in the eye for all veteran players who already got their friends to play this game.

Because there was a single personal insult in my last comment? Because you can't make your point without feinging the victum?

Because in the real world businesses don't incentivise new customers and offer exclusive deals for them? Cable / phone / all manner of promotional membership stuff? They are inviting you to their house, or at least inviting you to come in.

Did I ever say I love the promotion? No. My point from word go was SPECIFICALLY talking about people who abuse the system, not saying we don't have the right to be upset about the peramiters of the promotion but rather expressing dislike of people abusing the system and those who think that abuse is justified.

The game is DE's property, yes.  But their paychecks are ours until we decide to purchase platinum for their game.  Warframe is closer to a service industry than a product industry.  DE services us as gamers with a F2P game and the paying players are paying for DE to service them.  If DE does not meet the service level agreement (SLA for short, google it), then the players are 100% in their rights to withold payment.

Again, pay attention to what I've actually said.

I never, once, said people are not within their rights to not buy service if they don't like it. I was commenting on abusing the system and supporting the abuse under bull crap justification. "Because it's useful in game" does not give you permission to do whatever you feel like against DE's wishes with their property.

Accessing the property may be the business model; but as the EULA (End User Liscence Agreement, google it) says "Digital Extremes may also impose limits on certain features or restrict your access to parts or all of the Software Product without notice or liability. You have no interest, monetary or otherwise, in any feature or content contained in the Software"

I don't like that I have to work so I can pay for basic nessecities of life; I would much rather sit at home and play warframe all day and not have to worry about it.

Grow up. 

Because there was a single personal insult in my last comment? Because you can't make your point without feinging the victum?

Because in the real world businesses don't incentivise new customers and offer exclusive deals for them? Cable / phone / all manner of promotional membership stuff? They are inviting you to their house, or at least inviting you to come in.

Did I ever say I love the promotion? No. My point from word go was SPECIFICALLY talking about people who abuse the system, not saying we don't have the right to be upset about the peramiters of the promotion but rather expressing dislike of people abusing the system and those who think that abuse is justified.

That is not a personal insult? I admit it's pretty clumsy at best but it's the thought that counts. Also I like it how you insulted, or tried to, me again in your reply.

No other gaming company is this draconian with their referral system. They just don't care if people "abuse" it. Why is DE so defensive about this?

That is not a personal insult? I admit it's pretty clumsy at best but it's the thought that counts. Also I like it how you insulted, or tried to, me again in your reply.

No other gaming company is this draconian with their referral system. They just don't care if people "abuse" it. Why is DE so defensive about this?

No, a LOT of companies have the exact same stance on people making fake accounts.  Thats why the rewards are often just cosmetic or not all that special.

My amazement is that DE seems to have been taken off guard that people would actually do this.

Once again you're missing the point, 15 is too many, especially since most of us have already referred most of our friends.

If I had this many friends to refer I'd be outside in a club.

Once again you're missing my point.

Go get OTHER people to play game.... this is not restricted to actual real friends.

This is like working for commissions, the more work you do the more stuff you get. 

The transmutation system only works for 2 out of 3 of the mods and is largely unreliable, forking out fireballs and the like with the use of 4 rares.

Has this been confirmed?