Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

YouHaveShamedYoFamory

When people bring frames without CC or team play based powers into a serious defense mission, like Xini, or worse, a T3.  

Played with someone who brought a Loki to Xini.  Sure, decoy is marginally useful, but Loki is too brittle to bring to Xini given he only has one useful power.  Something like Nova or Nyx would've been fine as their fragility is complemented by a wide variety of excellent crowd control powers, but Loki is both fragile and questionably useful.

Loki players: bring it to your solo runs, bring it to exterm or cap, but for god's sake, please don't bring it to def or mob def.  Bring a Vauban or something.  Hell, even Excal would be better.

Loki is actually invaluable in higher wave Grineer defense. His job is to Disarm Napalms and basically stop the rest of the team having a bad day.

When I start playing a new frame of weapon I go to early missions so I can get some reasonable exp while staying alive. I pick Survival mode since that will grant me the most exp early on so I intend to stay there with a party as long as possible. Then there's always that one new player that starts using the oxygen drops while we're at 95% of air. >.>

You know what really grinds my gears?

When I ult as Banshee, "DROP THE BASS! WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB--"

--and then Nova or somebody Ults and kills EVERYTHING; and I'm just sitting here like:

:|

Hold on a sec guys... yeah.... mmhmm.... yep.... almost done.... any second now.... sorry....... sorry guys..... I'm sorry..... yeah, I'll rez you in a sec.... just a little longer.....

[snip]

Oh, and don't EVEN get me started on Design Council. If you voted for "Carrier" or it's ability to "pick stuff up for you", I've got some choice words for you. Words like "Dummyhead" and "Stupidface". I wanted a healing alternative to Trinity and med packs, and they were gonna give it to us; but for some reason you guys willingly chose to turn this thing into a little drone that does stuff that I can already do. People already mark the mods for you as a matter of common courtesy, and it's not like you're ever really missing much ammo or anything by just walking over it. Now it's a sentinel that doesn't heal, doesn't knock enemies back, doesn't have vaporize or anything else helpful. It's ability is literally just wandering off and grabbing some extra credits or ammo or an extra Quickdraw that you missed. Even if it generated those things, it's not enough.

This is just like how you guys voted for the assault rifle over the shotgun and sniper; when we've got roughly 14 machine guns already in the game (just primaries), compared to four (IIRC) shotguns and one available sniper (two, if you count Lanka). I don't include Snipetron because you can't get it anymore and I doubt it's ever coming back. Now that I see the Tenno Assault rifle, its stats look like a seriously buffed Gorgon. So now the Gorgon I spent forever making is obsolete, and we're not getting the other weapons until something like U11 or later.

This post cured my cancer.

When people don't watch the objective, forcing me to do it.

Scumbags. Selfish bastards only going for the kills, completely forgetting about the objective causing us to lose such a simple thing as endless defense... 

Let me do the killing because y'all SUCK at it anyway! 

... Who me? Na' I'm not selfish. 

No screw you! its a god damn co-op game, If nekros doesnt take down some dudes he wont be able to cast SoD and then he is pretty much just good for terrify! and everyone lags in this god forsakingly amazing game because DE still hasnt fixed its servers!

People who blame developers for player based problems.

Edited by Karma_Ghost

Know what grinds my gears? That people forget that this is just a game and get upset over every single little thing. 

"GODDAMMIT STOP USING YOUR ABILITIES AND STEALING MY XP!!"

"F*** YOU! WHY WERE YOU SO SLOW TO CATCH UP TO ME WHEN I RAN AHEAD, GOT MOBBED AND DIED??! NOW I WASTED A REVIVE, THANKS!"

"You suck! Why the hell are you using a [whatever warframe you're using]?!! [Whatever warframe that he/she is using] is WAAAY better lolololol!"

"Ooops, I died! I'm quitting even though I'm the host. F*** you all!!"

"You know what's the best part? Even though I'm just standing here doing nothing not helping people still love me cause I'M A GRANDMASTER!!! LOLLOLLOLOLLOLLOLLOL!!"

Seen 'em all, hate 'em all. They either have no life, or just can't grasp the idea of "playing a game". They have very selfish agendas, expecting them to be followed instead of cooperating, as with what every CO-OP game should be.

Edited by EagleScoutman

You know what really grinds my gears?

When I ult as Banshee, "DROP THE BASS! WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB--"

--and then Nova or somebody Ults and kills EVERYTHING; and I'm just sitting here like:

:|

Hold on a sec guys... yeah.... mmhmm.... yep.... almost done.... any second now.... sorry....... sorry guys..... I'm sorry..... yeah, I'll rez you in a sec.... just a little longer.....

Or just playing with Pubs in general.

I love you all.

I love sharing tips and tricks.

I love co-op and synergy, and teamwork...

But y'all some wack-&#! punks, and I don't want to be around you jerks any longer than I have to be. Goin' so fast, killing everything and ditching people (that'd be me, not to mention any newer players). Not cool.

This ^ ...so much. Banshee was my second frame and I laughed for days the first time I used my ult with .... any other frame co-op.

Also seconding the gear grindage regarding players that don't realize there is a Solo button OR just like to jack with other players screwing them out of XP because they HAVE to run ahead and kill something away from other players.... cuz that was the whole point of playing co-op, right?

No, screw you. Nekros, always blocking my shots, stealing my exp and last hits, lagging my game when I'm not host. You sir are a scumbag. Excal has more use on a T3 def than Nekros.

You know if you have penetrate mods on you can shoot through the shadows right? Should do that....

Vauban, Ogris, Acrid, Torid, Vortex, Spaming Novas (I do not spam, last minute resort is all I use 4 for), Korean OP Loadout Number 1 of fantablulousness (Ogris/Soma, Acrid, Zoren for movement which needs a nerf so people have to use speed mods to be speedy)

Oh yeah Nekros who use number 4, its bad enough most will never use Terrify and his skills are meant to suck so it is "balanced" but yeah number 4 on Nekros in co-op is like giving your mom the "bird" finger.

Edited by Nickeltoe

What grinds my gears? Oh, pretty much everybody/thing.

People who go off on their own in defense/mobile defense, robbing the rest of the team of XP and loot.

People who claim to know a certain mechanic, when they really, really don't.

People who spam their ultimates on trivial packs of mobs.

People who use Globe in any Infested map.

People who use MK1-BRATON on Kiste.

People who think that the stat screen at the end of mission is all that matters.

That when I join a German/French/Russian/whatever player, my client reverts to their language.

That I can't see squad chat and clan chat at the same time.

That I need to level annoying/crappy/useless weapons in order to get half-decent weapons.

That I can't choose to always host, since I have a good computer and connection.

That the ping-limit seems to either not work or not take packet-loss into account.

That I can't save my colour-scheme and apply it to new weapons/frames.