The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reality of the Rift - How to make Limbo a more friendly frame

IonSlug

2 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

It is. To be honest, the only changes I would make to Limbo myself would be to remove the portal when rolling into the Rift, and returning Banish to it's pre-rework form. The single-target Banish was a much more efficient ability, since you could easily use it to pick a target out of a crowd or banish the Sortie Defense NPC without the risk of accidentally banishing your allies.

bolded the writing that I will be talking about.

I agree wholeheartedly about the single-target banish, I've lost count on how many times I have had to be careful to not accidentally banish my allies when playing limbo ( this is why I do not play him anymore in sorties if at all anymore).

Small Rant:

In addition, why would I need to banish a group when rift surge exists!?  I can banish a group of enemies, without affecting my allies, with this single ability.

it is almost like someone forgot about rift surge entirely and created a crap version of it by reworking banish, which negates the real reason why rift surge was even created: to deal with multiple targets!  (Cataclysm can also deal with multiple targets, but rift surge help in isolating problem groups for limbo to deal with.)

/rant

Side note to this: yeah, get rid of the portal that limbo leaves behind: it's pointless, it's annoying, and I can just turn around and banish somebody into the rift if they want to (side side note: bring back single target banish so I can do this without bringing in a +1).

EDIT!: if they do revert the changes to banish and possibly remove the portal that limbo leaves behind when going into the rift, I hope they do not screw with the duration of the ability because DE deems it "too powerful" (like they they did with stasis even though it was very, very annoying to other players and locked away any part of your arsenal that used projectiles!) .  Srry, had to get that off my chest since looking at the ""rework"" to banish in update 20.0.0 and experiencing the """rework""" of stasis in update 23.0.0 where they monkey pawed the duration of limbo's 2.  It is almost like DE is trying to make limbo anti-group friendly!

Edited by Alithard
TL:DR: Agreed with somebody so hard I flew into a rant about limbo...twice!

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And I'm sure we've all run into frosts who just leave bubbles all over the map. The difference is that we generally blame the player and not the frame when it's frost. 

Oooommmmggggg

Frost players account for 99% of my abort missions. Seem like frost mains are the noobest players. 

Bubbles everywhere, protecting enemies as they destroy objective. Why bring Frost to infested excavation??? Put up bubble and run to next dig, WHILE ITS BEING DESTROYED. Happens everytime I play with a frost.  Dumb. His bubble needs to be removed from the game.  No rework, just removed.

I'm like Limbo would have been better. He can hold a site by himself. 

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

Oooommmmggggg

Frost players account for 99% of my abort missions. Seem like frost mains are the noobest players. 

Bubbles everywhere, protecting enemies as they destroy objective. Why bring Frost to infested excavation??? Put up bubble and run to next dig, WHILE ITS BEING DESTROYED. Happens everytime I play with a frost.  Dumb. His bubble needs to be removed from the game.  No rework, just removed.

I'm like Limbo would have been better. He can hold a site by himself. 

Ok, to be fair, Frost is a decent choice for Infested Excavation, but only if they are running the Augment. Most of the Noob Frost's I encounter don't realize this, and are usually receptive to being told that they are hurting more than they are helping and will typically stop.

Does no one realize operators aren't affected by the rift? 

Console in the rift? Swap to operator and use it. Non rift-able enemy hiding in the bubble making em hard to shoot? Git em with your amp. Don't want to leave the rift just kill one dude? Amp time. 

This also prevents trolling from limbos as you can hack a spy console in operator form making banishment impossible. 

After reading this topic and giving it some thought I have an Idea on some changes that could possibly make Limbo a more interesting and useful frame:

Passive: Limbo can dodge to enter and exit the Rift, and non-Limbo allies can dodge through Limbo to enter/exit the Rift.

Banish/Rift Maw: When Limbo is outside the Rift, Banish will push a single target into the Rift. When Limbo is in the Rift, Rift Maw will create a Rift portal that  travels forward a short distance, allies and hostiles caught within are swallowed by the Rift.(Basically his old single target banish will be cast if Limbo is outside the Rift, and his current cone-shaped wave will be cast if he is inside the Rift with visual changes that make its area of effect more clear to everyone in the squad so non-Limbo players can avoid or take advantage of it as they choose, along with targets always being brought into the Rift)

Rift Haven: Casting Banish on allies will have their health restored. Allies hit by Rift Maw will have their shields restored.

Phase/Stasis: When Limbo is outside the Rift, Phase will  put Limbo and his allies into a partial Rift state where they are halfway between both planes, they receive 50% of the effects from being in the Rift but are able to interact with both planes. When Limbo is in the Rift, Stasis will Freeze Rift-bound enemies and projectiles, while active projectiles will be frozen in place and resume flight when stasis ends.(When Phased, your current plane can't be changed and your projectiles are unaffected by Stasis.)

Rift Surge/Release: When Limbo is outside the Rift, Rift Surge will pull a wave of Rift energy that forces nearby enemies and allies out of the Rift, enemies forced out cast a wave of Rift energy that staggers nearby enemies . When Limbo is in the Rift, Release will eject a single target from the Rift, allies ejected receive a melee attack speed bonus, and enemies are hit with knockdown.(Combined with the changes to banish this will allow for more fine tuned control of what is and is not in the Rift.)

Rift Torrent: Allies pulled from the rift have their energy restored. Enemies ejected by Release will also cast a wave of Rift energy that staggers nearby enemies

Cataclysm: A violent surge of Rift energy capable of sustaining a pocket of Rift plane. When used from outside the Rift it will be cast where Limbo is aiming and stun enemies as it expands. When used from inside the Rift Hold while casting to increase the size of the pocket at the cost of duration, enemies near the edges as they are expanding will be pulled into the pocket.

Cataclysm Continuum: External Cataclysms will continue expanding based on the number of stunned enemies. Internal Cataclysms will continue pulling enemies toward the center of the pocket.

Edited by OzzySilent420