Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix the Nightwave Shop Already

Kontrollo

With the direction you've taken lately, it's clear you're willing to invest a lot into the more casual crowd. That's not the problem here, though. The problem is your complete lack of understanding that audience when you designed your Nightwave shop.

These people might check in only once in a while and they most likely don't visit the forums at all. Have you not noticed the number of complaints last time which came from mostly new accounts?

So here's everything wrong with it:

The Countdown

iKY9b83.png

Nightwave ends this week, yet the countdown is still there. In a shop with rotating inventory which encourages people to hold onto their credits, to boot.

Notifications

There's only the one in-game notification in the news box which points to the forum thread. Would it really be too much to ask to send people an inbox message, too?

Maybe with a short video explaining what will happen when the shop closes?

If you have the news box hooked up to some stats gathering, maybe you should check how many people actually pay attention to it: activating the console, or even clicking on the link.

Shop End Date

Why is it necessary to close these shops the same exact date the ingame event itself ends?

Wouldn't it be a much more friendly approach to keep it open until the next Intermission or Nightwave starts? Ideally, you'd do that with a clearly visible date and a message: Credits only usable until then.

Homepage News

As with the first season, the news on the homepage talk about everything but the end of Nightwave.

I mean, do you really not understand how big of a letdown this can be for people who have invested a lot of time over multiple weeks, only to realize too late that their event currency is then worth a pitiful amount of Credits? I can tell you outright, if that'd have happened to me, I'd have dropped the game that same instant.

• Like 10

I concur that there should be more ingame messages telling people about the changing mechanics of the game. A simple message from Nora stating "Dreamers, my story has come to a close and will be wrapping up soon, it's best you finish any business you have with Arlo."

Personally, I'm still salty I missed out on the first nightwave, I wanna be able to go back and finish it, and the intermission. I don't even care about the 'unfair' challenges, just let me do em so I can get that armor and so the "Rank 10" stops taunting me...

I missed out on the first nightwave due to what you mentioned, how DE didn't state that Nightwaves would end, I figured it would coast along once the story was done for like..I donno, couple more months? Cause some of t hose earlier challenges were just...why.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-07 at 3:31 PM, Hixlysss said:

I concur that there should be more ingame messages telling people about the changing mechanics of the game. A simple message from Nora stating "Dreamers, my story has come to a close and will be wrapping up soon, it's best you finish any business you have with Arlo."

Personally, I'm still salty I missed out on the first nightwave, I wanna be able to go back and finish it, and the intermission. I don't even care about the 'unfair' challenges, just let me do em so I can get that armor and so the "Rank 10" stops taunting me...

I missed out on the first nightwave due to what you mentioned, how DE didn't state that Nightwaves would end, I figured it would coast along once the story was done for like..I donno, couple more months? Cause some of t hose earlier challenges were just...why.

On the other hand, we do get messages whenever the Ghouls appear and are defeated again. That's really on an entirely different level to losing several weeks' worth of investment in the worst case.

Huh, hadn't even thought about that the overall duration was something that people would've missed, too. But yeah you're right, ingame none of these things are made clear, at all.

34 minutes ago, Kontrollo said:

On the other hand, we do get messages whenever the Ghouls appear and are defeated again. That's really on an entirely different level to losing several weeks' worth of investment in the worst case.

Huh, hadn't even thought about that the overall duration was something that people would've missed, too. But yeah you're right, ingame none of these things are made clear, at all.

Yeah man, I skipped out on so many challenges because the way it was presented, that you do the nightwave and get rewards but then you can 'prestige' to get more currency n such, cause Nightwave was going to replace alerts right? No mention that it was coming in seasons or anything, at least not in game, so I was...lazy with it. And then BAM the reveal "Hey, nightwave is going away soon, get your stuff now!" And...yeah.

• Like 1

I agree with all of these. DE has so much experience with Warframe, they know and recognize their flaws and hit us with the usual "working on it", yet it's the same mistakes every time. In this case it's about clarity of information, and with so many shallow things they invest into in the name of hype and the profit it generates on the short term, I seriously can't believe they keep being so anti-practical and confuse with everything they release.

Because that sort of content handling only leads to player confusion and consequent loss of trust and burnout in the long term. I seriously expect better with how "seasoned" this game already is, specially since some things are not a matter of debate at all. Some improvements are plain obvious and should be made as soon as possible instead of putting them in the back burner to focus more on the nearest profitable and hype-based thing.

One thing to bear in mind, and for the sake of clarity - despite my harsh wording it doesn't mean I mean any harm to anyone, but that I merely want to see the game I love not be affected by the same petty mistakes over and over. Just because sometimes actual feedback could be interpreted as an ill-intended message about dev bashing.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

On 2019-10-07 at 6:43 PM, Kontrollo said:

Shop End Date

Why is it necessary to close these shops the same exact date the ingame event itself ends?

Wouldn't it be a much more friendly approach to keep it open until the next Intermission or Nightwave starts? Ideally, you'd do that with a clearly visible date and a message: Credits only usable until then.

I absolutely 100% agree.