Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revenant vs Profit-Taker

Nash

20 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The worst boss vs the worst frame.

Not the greatest example of Revenant vs Profit Taker. You can actually pull this fight off with 0% damage taken 😮

And guess how you pull this off? Enthrall! There's lots of annoying enemies to Enthrall in the Profit Taker fight. Enthrall draws some aggro from Profit Taker and surrounding enemies. You especially have a much better chance to keep your Mesmer Skin stacks up when Profit Taker's cannon is not shooting at Revenant. You still have to pay attention to your stacks to pull this off though. As a reminder, Profit Taker (cannon), Exploiter (cannon, phase 1 only), Tusk Bulkor (turret), and Eidolons (seeking bullets, the wiki is wrong), are among the only enemies in the game that can really strip Revenant's Mesmer Skin stacks very quickly.

EDIT: P.S. Revenant can bathe in Ropalolyst's electric blast attack (the one that charges towers). And he can tank her hold (14 stacks will tank it completely) and the red lasers also tickle him. Though something randomly nullifies abilities sometimes, so still need to pay attention!

Edited by nslay

On 2019-10-14 at 12:33 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

*throws up in mouth a little from hearing you say that thing is as good as Gauss*

Enthrall: Garbage. What use is a minion ability with all these synergies if they get killed by team mates or Danse Macabre.

Mesmer Skin: single handedly the most over rated tank ability in the game. 100% DR isn’t necessary. All the tank abilities are more than reliable up to level 150. Having a charges based defense ability in a horde shooter is just bad game design.

Reave: requires Enthrall which spends 99.999% of its time being a useless damage pillars. So it’s only use is to benefit

Danse Macabre: Revenants ability. Good damage output, the adapting damage type is an incredibly use of the Sentients Damage adaptation mechanic. It’s only hinderance is Mesmer Skin actively preventing it from using its scaling mechanic to its best potential. But the fact that this ability was thrown on at the tail end of his development and it completely outshines the rest of his kit just shows how inept his first 3 abilities are.

Combine all of that with a useless passive and more anti synergies and ability contradictions than one could count and a theme that clearly didn’t give af about the games lore nor Revenants own lore and you’ve got a frame so bad that calling him good is an insult to all the actual good frames.

.....maybe I will make that Word document. It’s clearly needed.

you seem to never double check stuff and clearly not understand how revenant flow of combat work it seem ... 

it's completely understandable for people to not enjoy revenant very specific combat flow, but if you making comment saying he's trash without admit or understand how effective his flow of combat is would just invalidate your opinion. It's the same as saying chroma is trash without never having pure strength build or knowing the multishot-only trick on the weap. Or saying mesa is trash without ever modding the exalted weapon/not using the fire rate arcane

Edited by FireSegment

6 hours ago, FireSegment said:

you seem to never double check stuff and clearly not understand how revenant flow of combat work it seem ... 

it's completely understandable for people to not enjoy revenant very specific combat flow, but if you making comment saying he's trash without admit or understand how effective his flow of combat is would just invalidate your opinion. It's the same as saying chroma is trash without never having pure strength build or knowing the multishot-only trick on the weap. Or saying mesa is trash without ever modding the exalted weapon/not using the fire rate arcane

oh look another “you just don’t know how to use him” comment.
I will refer you to my previous statement of “Ok, but Revenant is still trash”. His gameplay “flow” is practically nonexistent. Creating Thralls just to Reave through them is a slow process that’s vastly out performed by just shooting at the enemy with your gun. And Danse Macabre is his best method of dishing out damage and it completely undermines the rest of Revenants kit. His “gameplay flow” is more of a “gameplay stumble”. And for what? A frame that’s outperformed and out utilized by just about any frame that doesn’t share the bottom of the tier list with Revenant. He is useless.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

• 1 year later...
On 2019-10-23 at 6:22 PM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

oh look another “you just don’t know how to use him” comment.
I will refer you to my previous statement of “Ok, but Revenant is still trash”. His gameplay “flow” is practically nonexistent. Creating Thralls just to Reave through them is a slow process that’s vastly out performed by just shooting at the enemy with your gun. And Danse Macabre is his best method of dishing out damage and it completely undermines the rest of Revenants kit. His “gameplay flow” is more of a “gameplay stumble”. And for what? A frame that’s outperformed and out utilized by just about any frame that doesn’t share the bottom of the tier list with Revenant. He is useless.

In fact thrall enemies and then reave is very slow and sometimes can get boring. But he is no trash Warframe as you say. He can technically kill anything (Well, as long as it’s not a boss or a capture mission target). I wouldn’t say he is the most effective Warframe to wipe out rooms. But your kill is guaranteed. Have you ever met a level 9999 Kyta Raknoid ? I am pretty sure that it’s not even possible but if theoretically it spawned because of a bug our fragile weapons can’t do anything at this point. There is where Revenant’s thrall and reave ability really shines. The fact that you are guaranteed to kill the enemy no matter how strong they are is a big deal. Now about Mesmer skin. Sure there is a lot of ways to tank. You may not think that Mesmer skin is useful but different from almost all tanking abilities (exception being harrow which… is not really a tank but a buff warframe but hey! His 4th ability Covernant  is technically tanking damage) Revenant’s Mesmer skin technically will tank the damage no matter how high it is or… how low it is. Differently from Rhino, Nezha and a few others out there that can take a limited amount of damage (No I am not saying that they suck I am just pointing at the fact that they can take a limited amount of damage). While Dance macabre…. I am sorry but you’re wrong. Almost all Revenant mains like me admit that his 4th is the most useless ability on his skill set and it’s the skill that you want to put helminth abilities. It can adapt it’s damage to the current enemy being hit but it’s only useful for level 50 bellow. Unless you changed any of the other 3 skills with Empower and have a dedicated team with a player using Nidus.But that is what we can call real masochism. Also his thrall ability can be used in several ways for several purposes. I really recommend you to reconsider everything you said about Revenant and give him another chance to show his real potential. Well specially as a Crowd control and tanking warframe and…. forget about Dance macabre for now, it’s just a dead meme (Can’t say it’s totally useless though).