Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara+bow+invisible=no stealth?

Ariel19_98

Question

Recently, I've been playing the Daikyu along with Ivara, and I always have her on stealth mode, remaining mostly unseen through all the mission. BUt as of lately, I've noticed something really strange: I'm getting no stealth multiplier on kills with my bow.
My bow oneshots all enemies I hit, and even while they are unaware (arrow on the map is only red and empty), and I'm invisible, I'm getting no stealth multiplier. It only starts when I execute an enemy with my melee, and when I kill someone with the bow, I lose the multiplier. Were there changes to how stealth works? Does using skills disables stealth?
My build uses no multishot and has above 100% crit chance, so I don't see any way to not get a stealth kill while invisible with a silent bow

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

It's been happening with all the primary weapons I think.  Something got bugged in the last update I think and now the target has to be asleep to get the stealth multiplier from being shot with a weapon. Melee stealth kills still work correctly though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ariel19_98 said:

Recently, I've been playing the Daikyu along with Ivara, and I always have her on stealth mode, remaining mostly unseen through all the mission. BUt as of lately, I've noticed something really strange: I'm getting no stealth multiplier on kills with my bow.
My bow oneshots all enemies I hit, and even while they are unaware (arrow on the map is only red and empty), and I'm invisible, I'm getting no stealth multiplier. It only starts when I execute an enemy with my melee, and when I kill someone with the bow, I lose the multiplier. Were there changes to how stealth works? Does using skills disables stealth?
My build uses no multishot and has above 100% crit chance, so I don't see any way to not get a stealth kill while invisible with a silent bow

I haven't really kept track of enemy ai but it has changed over the years about how sensitive they perceive dead bodies around them or the multishot thing (I never could confirm what exactly though). They might be over-sensitive right now to dead bodies being near them, I'm not really sure.

If you want to farm the stealth affinity multiplier then you need to make use of Ivara's sleep arrow. All enemies within the vicinity should be put to sleep being being killed, in order to reliably get the stealth kill affinity multiplier.

Trying to stealth kill without using Ivara's sleep arrow will probably not get a stealth kill unless its a very discrete melee stealth kill (again, I'm uncertain why).

If the enemy AI see’s the kill and/or finds the body, they enter an ‘alert’ phase. Killing these enemies will remove the stealth multiplier.

Other factors may be mission types, as (I believe) missions like survival, defence, mobile defence all start with alerted enemies once the objective starts up.

I've been seeing this, too. Melee stealth is unchanged, but I cannot get a stealth kill bonus while using Ivara in Prowl mode, a silent bow, and a solitary unalerted target that gets one-shot to the head, even the back of the head.

Edited by MallocErr

Le 18/10/2019 à 17:29, MallocErr a dit :

I've been seeing this, too. Melee stealth is unchanged, but I cannot get a stealth kill bonus while using Ivara in Prowl mode, a silent bow, and a solitary unalerted target that gets one-shot to the head, even the back of the head.

Me too. Even with a set this specialized, nothing. Something is clearly NOT going as intended...