Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cautious Shot - Exilus and Expansion

Petroklos

Cautious Shot (mostly) deals with Self Damage being fatal but it's hard to justify a Mod Slot for it. Making it a Weapon Exilus Mod however, would significantly reduce the competition and make using it on Explosive Weapons a common choice.

It would most likely become the undeniable "meta" for that Slot, but it's an Arbitration Reward, that takes 10 Ranks of Credits and Endo to Max and due to its Capacity Cost, would demand a Forma'd Exilus Slot, so I don't see it being an issue.

In addition, the Mod's applicability is very limited, excluding several Weapons that deal Self Damage. Expanding its Compatibility List to every Weapon that deals Self Damage would be great, but also just allowing us to put it on any Weapon would do the trick and be much easier to do. Please don't forget that Secondaries and Melees can have self Damage.

Edited by Petroklos
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Unlikely. The reason why the mod doesn't get used much right now won't change with the additional mod slot.

After its buff and the bugfix that made it function, it's an absolutely okay mod. I still expect to down myself when on low health or while using Unranked and/or Squishy Frames, but it won't insta-down me otherwise. Perfectly fitting for an exilus mod.

Though on a second thought, not knowing which other Mods will make the cut for Exilus compatibility makes my assumption of its potential to be meta much less certain.

3 hours ago, Petroklos said:

Though on a second thought, not knowing which other Mods will make the cut for Exilus compatibility makes my assumption of its potential to be meta much less certain.

That's exactly the point. If there are mods like reload speed or maybe ammo transmutation that are good for a given launcher, then cautious shot won't make it in any build.

Just look at the Warframes. Nobody uses the exilus slot for things like bullet jump mods. We all use the slot for more strength, range, or other things along those lines. With weapons it will be the same most likely.

The difference, of course, is that you don't need bullet jump mods to avoid killing yourself with it. I don't think cautious shot will necessarily be the "meta" for it, but it'll probably see more use, just because of how many people hate self damage and dying to accidents or things suddenly being in front of them. The sacrifice of an actual damage slot in addition to its needless penalty are pretty big things against it currently.

or at least, it'd probably get used if it wasn't likely to require so many forma to fit in, but shoving a ten rank mod into the 9th slot on a 60 capacity weapon is probably going to take quite a lot of forma. Plus whatever it'll cost to open up the slot. So... actually, no, I can't imagine most people who currently hate explosive weapons for their self-damage are going to be super keen on formaing them six times to solve it.

Edited by OvisCaedo

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

The difference, of course, is that you don't need bullet jump mods to avoid killing yourself with it. I don't think cautious shot will necessarily be the "meta" for it, but it'll probably see more use, just because of how many people hate self damage and dying to accidents or things suddenly being in front of them.

If bullet jumps aren't needed, then cautious shot isn't needed either. People will go for more DPS with the new slot. So reload, fire rate (if fire rate gets included in the exilus mods). Or they will go for more ammo, because some launchers have horrible ammo economy. It's the same right now. People could easily sacrifice one mod, but then the damage would go down. This mind set won't suddenly change with the new mod. If people's minds set was easily changed, then people wouldn't always go for meta stuff...

32 minutes ago, Petroklos said:

It works fine

The comments of that post argue otherwise. And there could be a lot of factors going into that photo that we don’t see. They could’ve just not put any other mods on the Zarr. They could’ve loaded that Mirage up with defense mods. You can’t go “here’s one specific instance that totally proves my point, just don’t look too deeply into it”.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

The comments of that post argue otherwise. And there could be a lot of factors going into that photo that we don’t see. They could’ve just not put any other mods on the Zarr. They could’ve loaded that Mirage up with defense mods. You can’t go “here’s one specific instance that totally proves my point, just don’t look too deeply into it”.

There's a video. Zarr is fully moded, Mirage only has Umbral Vitality on.