Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Lancelot, the Knight Warframe

SkyAxel98

Hello, today out of nowhere I had the idea to create a concept for a Warframe (actually i got the idea from YouTube), and I came out with the concept of a knight Warframe.

Before I start I need to clarify that I am no designer nor artist, i just like drawing, that doesn't mean that I'm any good at it, lastly if there are some grammar erros here and there it's because I'm not English mothertongue. Let's begin.

Appearence Concept

Spoiler

_warframe_concept__lancelot__the_knight_

Stats

Spoiler

Following are the stats at rank 30

Health: 400

Shields: 150

Armor: 400

Sprint Speed: 0.8

Energy: 200

Passive

Spoiler

Chavalier: Lancelot has increased proficiency with Spearguns, Swords, Greatswords and Sword and Shields.

Spearguns: gain base 20% in critical and status chance.

Swords: deal 10% more damage.

Greatsword: have 10% faster attack speed.

Sword and Shields: grant 250 more shield capacity and shields benefit from armor.

Abilities

Spoiler

1) Bash; Energy Cost: 15. Lancelot targets 1 enemy within 15 meters from him (you can chose wich enemy to hit by pointing at them) dealing impact damage, and knocking them down. The ability deals double damage if Lancelot is wealding a Sword and Shield.

2) Oliphant; Energy cost: 50. Lancelot blows in his unting horn stunning and opening enemies to melee finishers within a 15 meters radius. Stun lasts 3 seconds but enemies can still be executed for 10 seconds.

3) Morale Up; Energy cost: 75. Lancelot sticks his banner into the ground creating a shockwave that deals impact damage with guaranteed impact proc granting an armor bounus to his allies within 30 meters to the banner, the more enemies he hits the stronger the buff (caps at 600 bonus armor at rank 30 hitting 10 enemies). The banner lasts 15 seconds He can't use this ability again until the buff runs out.

4) Joyeux; Exalted Weapon (Greatsword) Energy cost: 3 per second. Lancelot unsheathes his Greatsword, Joyeux, and wields it as his melee weapon. 400 damage per swing (0% puncture, 25% impact and 75% slash), 35% status chance, 15% critical chance, attack speed a bit faster than the Galatine, range a bit more than the Gram, attacks at the end of a combo create a shockwave that deals fire damage and generates a guranteed blast prock on enemies near the impact (5 meters).

So the concept is this.

Again it was just for fun, but hey if DE wants to use it...

JK they won't even see the post.

have a wonderful day.

I changed some of the abilities due to them being too op, useless and/or making no sense thanks to feedbak in the comments, below are the old abilities

Spoiler

Passive: Lancelot has increased proficiency with Spearguns, Swords, Greatswords and Sword and Shields.

Spearguns: gain base 20% in critical and status chance and 50% critical multipilier.

Swords: deal 50% more damage.

Greatsword: have 30% faster attack speed.

Sword and Shields: grant 250 more shield capacity and shields benefit from armor.

1) Bash; Energy Cost: 15. Lancelot targets 1 enemy within 15 meters from him (you can chose wich enemy to hit by pointing at them) dealing impact damage, stunning them and opening them to melee finishers, if Lancelot is wealding a Sword and Shield damage is doubled and stun lasts 10 seconds instead.

2) Stand United; Energy cost: 2 per second. Toggle ability: while active generates an aura of 25 meters arround Lancelot that reflects 50% of the damage taken from allies to Lancelot's shields, if shields are depleted the ability is automatically deactivated.

3) Oliphant; Energy cost: 50. Lancelot blows in his unting horn knocking enemies down within a 10 meters radius, enemies affected are also visible through walls for 15 seconds.

4) Charge; Energy cost: 150. Lancelot charges in the direction he is facing for 15 meters dealing impact damage and knocking down enemies on his path, he is also invincible for the duration of the ability. If Lancelot is wealding a Sword or a Sword and Shield he transforms into a Griffin and instead of knocking down enemies he stuns and opens them to melee finishers for 8 seconds. If Lancelot is wealding a Greatsword he transforms into a Dragon and doubles the damage dealth as fire instead of impact and at the end of the ability grants himself and allies with 100% bonus damage to melee weapons and spearguns (if equipped by any of the team mates).

Edited by SkyAxel98

5 minutes ago, (NSW)1kSakura said:

I think the look of the design should fit Warframe’s aesthetic more. Like think of what would be considered knights in Warframe’s universe. Dax maybe?

As to the 4th ability, I think 150 energy is too much. I’m not sure about the transformation either.

Fist of all Thank you for the feed back, i forgot to mention taht the trasformation is purely aestetic, the ability remains the same but with bonuses, It functions like Hydroid's 2.

2nd ability has little to no use... he has only 150 shields so it only prevents allies from taking 150 damage which is nothing

The passive is overpowered for some weapon tipes considering that excalibur only receives a 10% bonus with his passives to speed and damage

4th ability is too similar to the 1st (both charge into enemies) and the transformation in a dragon/griffon isn't really something i would expect from a warframe to do

I'd just replace the 4th ability with something else, but that's just my opinion

The invulnerability phase of the 4th ability could be simply used with his 1st, afterall i believe the ability works similarly to atlas punch

Maybe a wider range for 3rd ability and no knock down, just a duration based stun and opening to finishers

And, knockdown for the 1st ability instead of a stun...   for me it makes more sense like this:

- you got bashed with a shield, you fall on the floor (knockdown)

- you hear a very loud sound, you cover your ears and stop for a little (stun)

Edited by Steru

12 minutes ago, Steru said:

2nd ability has little to no use... he has only 150 shields so it only prevents allies from taking 150 damage which is nothing

The passive is overpowered for some weapon tipes considering that excalibur only receives a 10% bonus with his passives to speed and damage

4th ability is too similar to the 1st (both charge into enemies) and the transformation in a dragon/griffon isn't really something i would expect from a warframe to do

I'd just replace the 4th ability with something else, but that's just my opinion

The invulnerability phase of the 4th ability could be simply used with his 1st, afterall i believe the ability works similarly to atlas punch

Maybe a wider range for 3rd ability and no knock down, just a duration based stun and opening to finishers

And, knockdown for the 1st ability instead of a stun...   for me it makes more sense like this:

- you got bashed with a shield, you fall on the floor (knockdown)

- you hear a very loud sound, you cover your ears and stop for a little (stun)

Thinking of it you are right,  didn't think how op is passive is and especially the 1 and 3 having their effects inverted makes more sense as you said. I'll edit the post tomorrow (if I don't forget that is).

6 hours ago, SkyAxel98 said:

Hello, today out of nowhere I had the idea to create a concept for a Warframe (actually i got the idea from YouTube), and I came out with the concept of a knight Warframe.

Before I start I need to clarify that I am no designer nor artist, i just like drawing, that doesn't mean that I'm any good at it, lastly if there are some grammar erros here and there it's because I'm not English mothertongue. Let's begin.

Appearence Concept

Reveal hidden contents

_warframe_concept__lancelot__the_knight_

Ability Icons

Reveal hidden contents

lancelot_ability_icons_by_skyaxel98_ddiu

Stats

Reveal hidden contents

Following are the stats at rank 30

Health: 400

Shields: 150

Armor: 400

Sprint Speed: 0.8

Energy: 200

Passive

Reveal hidden contents

Chavalier: Lancelot has increased proficiency with Spearguns, Swords, Greatswords and Sword and Shields.

Spearguns: gain base 20% in critical and status chance and 50% critical multipilier.

Swords: deal 50% more damage.

Greatsword: have 30% faster attack speed.

Abilities

Reveal hidden contents

1) Bash; Energy Cost: 15. Lancelot targets 1 enemy within 15 meters from him (you can chose wich enemy to hit by pointing at them) dealing impact damage, stunning them and opening them to melee finishers, if Lancelot is wealding a Sword and Shield damage is doubled and stun lasts 10 seconds instead.

2) Stand United; Energy cost: 2 per second. Toggle ability: while active generates an aura of 25 meters arround Lancelot that reflects 50% of the damage taken from allies to Lancelot's shields, if shields are depleted the ability is automatically deactivated.

3) Oliphant; Energy cost: 50. Lancelot blows in his unting horn knocking down enemies within a 10 meters radius, enemies affected are also visible through walls for 15 seconds.

4) Charge; Energy cost: 150. Lancelot charges in the direction he is facing for 15 meters dealing impact damage and knocking down enemies on his path, he is also invincible for the duration of the ability. If Lancelot is wealding a Sword or a Sword and Shield he transforms into a Griffin and instead of knocking down enemies he stuns and opens them to melee finishers for 8 seconds. If Lancelot is wealding a Greatsword he transforms into a Dragon and doubles the damage dealth as fire instead of impact and at the end of the ability grants himself and allies with 100% bonus damage to melee weapons and spearguns (if equipped by any of the team mates).

So the concept is this.

Again it was just for fun, but hey if DE wants to use it...

JK they won't even see the post.

have a wonderful day.

Idk. When I think of a night warframe(technically Excalibur) I’m picturing something closer to the shape/size of Rhino. Makes me picture him wielding an exalted melee either a large heavy sword(galantine) or a sword and shield(Silva and Aegis). A heavy blade would have very long range unrivaled when ever he swings. While the sword and shield would have greater blocking/parrying and could redirect damage back at the enemies. As a knight, he would have one of the highest armors and have maybe an ability that not only buffs it further but it also applies to the teammates if they are close when activated. 

Passive: something like an increase in speed for heavy blades. 

Ability 1: still trying to think about. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ability 2: Creates a shield around himself equal to his total armor 2x. Affected by armor mods and power strength. Can be applied to teammates if they’re nearby. 

Ability 3: Something like boosting melee damage very high. Could be applied to teammates. 

Ability 4 - Arondight: Draws a long heavy blade. Combo duration slowly decreases instead of resetting. Range of the blade can be increased to be unrivaled by any other blade. 

That’s it for now. Kind of just thought of it off the top of my top my head so couldn’t put enough thought into it. The actual numbers are up to DE to decide. Hope this helps with furthering the concept. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

I see literally everything thing here exalted heavy blade , turning into a Griffin turning into a dragon. But I might just be crazy and ask , summon a horse amd equip a lance and shield. Like we will have the technology (duviri operator horses ). A simple idea of questing knight that acquired quite few magical itens during his journey. Something I came up on the spot so not very cohesive.

1. [PH] Adventurer tools.

Knight use one of the magical itens he aquired during his journey. 

7 league boots. Upon using his magical footwear knight teleports 7x ( moviment speed ) and receives 50% moviment apeed buff for 7 seconds.

Olifant. kinight toot his horn and CC enemies.

Hamper of Gwyddno Garanhir. takes food from his hamper and eats healing himself.

2. Hunting challenge / DUEL!! ( targeted skill)

Kinght issues a challenge/DUEL to the target allie/enemy. 

On ally:

Both knight and ally receive a damage and defense boost for 10 seconds. At the end of this duration the winner( the one with the most melee kills ) will receive a buff with a stronger buff ( twice as strong as before ) and looser receives the old one again.

On enemy: 

Challenges an enemy to a DUEL ( taunts him) and receive a damage and defense. Upon killing the enemy you refresh the buff.

Pridwen (harlight shield ) - activates his magical shield turning it indo a harlight armor. This armor reduces incoming damage. If you aim downsights the shield will crete a impenetrebable wall in fornt of you. If you ise your melee weapon you can block during attacks.

4. Summon his trusty unicorn and replaces his melee weapon with Rhongomiant. knight can use his primary and secondary while mounted.

8 hours ago, SkyAxel98 said:

) Stand United; Energy cost: 2 per second. Toggle ability: while active generates an aura of 25 meters arround Lancelot that reflects 50% of the damage taken from allies to Lancelot's shields, if shields are depleted the ability is automatically deactivated

Unairu focus tree grants the player a passive that reflects 100% of damage taken back to the attacker. It is without question bad because the damage it deals is EXTREMELY low because enemies dont need to deal 12,000 damage to kill a warframe. Just 500 damage can end a warframe like loki. 500 damage to a level 20 heavy grineer unit nearly tickles them

But ive thought about something to get around this, imagine if this ability made enemies take the same *Percentage* of your lost shields and health, as damage equal to their equal percentage of health?

So say you loose 10% of your shield from an attack. The enemy that attacked you will take 10% of their health as damage!

Now you might think that this could be too overpowered as players could constantly heal you as enemies shoot you in kill themselves. Well, just like how energy drain abilities dont allow you to get energy from most things other than energy orbs, using this ability would keep you from reciving shield and health from things other than health orbs!

And in the case where the player thinks they can just spam it, punnish them with casting speed, causing them to risk dying from casting the ability if they wish to spam it!

On 2019-10-23 at 4:30 AM, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

So say you loose 10% of your shield from an attack. The enemy that attacked you will take 10% of their health as damage!

Now you might think that this could be too overpowered

Exilus corrupted bombard lv 135 hits your "knight warframe"

All shields are depleted (from 100% shields to 0%)

The bombard dies (from 100% hp to 0%)

Yes, i think that's quite op, or just broken as

3 hours ago, Steru said:

Exilus corrupted bombard lv 135 hits your "knight warframe"

All shields are depleted (from 100% shields to 0%)

The bombard dies (from 100% hp to 0%)

Yes, i think that's quite op, or just broken as

You didnt read what i wrote. A level 145 bombard would not die from taking 100% of his health as damage, youre clearly ignoring the armor

On top of that, i used that quote as an example of what i was talking about, the take away from the example is the mechanic not the idea as a whole.... balancing it out requires some time but its 100% possible to balance is what i was getting at >_>

To help invision it, say the damage reflection only works for 5 seconds, then you recieve a 20 second buff that acts as a cooldown before you can use the ability again

Or make the damage cap depend on how much damage youve dealt to enemies in the past 5 seconds.

Plenty of ways to make this ability powerful without being too overpowered (and by too overpowered i mean more powerful than our current warframes in the game)

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII

19 minutes ago, Steru said:

Yes i did... and you didn't mention damage reduction from armor at all in your first post here

Even if it just killed an enemy at the cost of your shields it would be a huge balance concern. Grendel wil be able to insta kill any enemy he can eat. 

4 hours ago, Steru said:

Yes i did... and you didn't mention damage reduction from armor at all in your first post here

Im guessing you dont know this but typically in warframe, When something says something will "damage" an enemy, and it doesnt mention anything about armor, that 99.99% of the time means its not going to ignore armor. 

This goes for most warframe suggestions in the fourms as well. Ask around if you dont believe me.

Thats why armor isnt mentioned. Its supposed to always be implied that armor will not be ignored when an enemy takes damage.

4 hours ago, keikogi said:

Even if it just killed an enemy at the cost of your shields it would be a huge balance concern. Grendel wil be able to insta kill any enemy he can eat. 

Yea, thats why i think it would be a good idea to limit the use of the ability, and give it some requirements for build up 

If you ca n kill something with your weapons in a few seconds, i think its safe to allow a damage reflection ability to do so every once and a while too know? Just as long as its not dealing too much more dmg than youre already doing with weapons

Actually, the fact that weapons get so powerful is making me wonder if a fraction of their stats should be included in every warframe's abilities 🤔 At least for damage dealing warframes as dealing Good damage with cool looking abilities like firing a bunch of missiles can be rather pleasant