Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for opinion regarding Gaze Kitgun

randomCasualPlayer

Question

Hello ^^

With exilus coming to secondary ..... I'm looking forward to upgrade my main weapon (Gaze Kitgun ... using it as bubble destroyer too), since I happened to have Riven for it. And while I maximize it, might as well ask here ^^;

Note : it might take a while for me to write a reply, due to irl things, I'm sorry ( >< )

I'm currently using : Gaze + Haymaker + Killstream. Is it good / better if I change it into Gaze + Haymaker + Splat?

I assume Gaze + Haymaker + Killstream/Splat is the highest in term of damage?

Is the info on wiki regarding Continous weapon having a ramp up damage still correct? I'm worried my setup (below) will be bad if it is, due to the amount of fire rate.

============================================

As far as setup goes :

- Mainly used with Mesa (It's 20% reload speed?)

- 2x Arcane Velocity

- Pax Charge

- HornetStrike + 2x90% Ele + 165% Ele + BarrelDiffusion + usual CC + usual CD + Riven (I'm a bit afraid with Firerate, since I read the part on swiki and I already used 2x Arcane Velocity, so, I'm not using LethalTorrent atm)

=============================================

Once exilus is coming, I think I'll try putting +MagCapacity on it (if it's available ..... or ammo mutation + PaxSeeker).

Thank you very much

10 answers to this question

14 hours ago, randomCasualPlayer said:

I'm currently using : Gaze + Haymaker + Killstream. Is it good / better if I change it into Gaze + Haymaker + Splat?

Highest DPS but shortest range (really short). The Gibber will hit a target across the map and it’s really useful especially for bubbles. 

Have a few Gazes but Gaze Sparkfire and Gibber will hit a target across the map. Has lots of status for my Riven, decent crit. 43 mag 1.7 reload.  Consider range when u build one it’s helpful. Good luck. 

Gaz TTV on YouTube “Gaze Kitgun Revisited”. He built a bunch of them and tested them. Pretty interesting with good info if u want to check it out. 

Edited by hendrix923
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, randomCasualPlayer said:

Gaze + Haymaker + Killstream

https://tennoware.com/kitguns/gaze haymaker killstream/100000000a405d010d503b005f810f61000000000v

15 minutes ago, randomCasualPlayer said:

Gaze + Haymaker + Splat

https://tennoware.com/kitguns/gaze haymaker splat/100000000a405d010d503b005f610f81000000000v

21 minutes ago, randomCasualPlayer said:

- HornetStrike + 2x90% Ele + 165% Ele + BarrelDiffusion + usual CC + usual CD + Riven (I'm a bit afraid with Firerate, since I read the part on swiki and I already used 2x Arcane Velocity, so, I'm not using LethalTorrent atm)

linked builds above are copy of what i could guess what the build your doing is based on what you have said

• Like 1

I want to like this weapon but I havent fell in love yet.  I made a crit version and a status version.  For the status version is use max max capacity(51) with mediocre bonus to status chance. I still hit 100% with dual mods.  

The  status one is pretty weak,  but I havent invested forma into either version.   But Pax Charge is awesome,  gives any of your kitguns infinite ammo,  Seeker wasnt all that effective anyways.  If you can get prime anti faction mods on a status version I think it would do alot better....

The crit one was alot stronger.  I would remake mine to use a better barrel,  not sure you can give it 51 ammo without giving up easy 100% crit chance??  But for Gaze specificly I think Gibbler barrel is best,   A little bit extra range,  a little less damage (the base damage is so low to begin with this isnt much of a sacrifice).  

• Like 1

The gaze is a great gun for dispatching groups of enemies, hit one in the head and if the others are close it will proc/link kill them all, mine wipes out groups of high levels it's magic to watch all the enemies erupt into a cloud of proc damage and fall to the floor dead, the gaze will link between enemies.

I have Pax Charge on mine so it's endless ammo with a reload of 1.1, with the Prime crit mods PPG, PTC, PHC and Hydraulic Crosshairs, no riven as yet for it. (my only kitgun without one)

Mines 119.9% CC, 4.8x CM, 19.20 FR, 43 Mag and 17.0% to 27.0% Status depends on what mods I run I have all the primed mods maxed on it.

My parts are: Chamber: Gaze (naturally)  Loader: Splat  Grip: Lovetap

I'm happy with my Gaze, at times though I'd like a bit quicker reload or magazine size but you get use to it, I've built 9 10 kitguns so far and played with them all so I'm sort of over doing anymore.

I'm happy with the ones I've settled on, I try not to use them most of the time as they are OP but when I want something dead fast I'll put a kitgun into my loadout as insurance. 😛

Edited by Slayer-.
Added another kitgun number 10 now 10 built :O
  • Like 1

On 2019-10-24 at 8:42 AM, randomCasualPlayer said:

Hello ^^

With exilus coming to secondary ..... I'm looking forward to upgrade my main weapon (Gaze Kitgun ... using it as bubble destroyer too), since I happened to have Riven for it. And while I maximize it, might as well ask here ^^;

Note : it might take a while for me to write a reply, due to irl things, I'm sorry ( >< )

Is the info on wiki regarding Continous weapon having a ramp up damage still correct? I'm worried my setup (below) will be bad if it is, due to the amount of fire rate.

============================================

As far as setup goes :

- Mainly used with Mesa (It's 20% reload speed?)

- 2x Arcane Velocity

- Pax Charge

=============================================

Once exilus is coming, I think I'll try putting +MagCapacity on it (if it's available ..... or ammo mutation + PaxSeeker).

Thank you very much

Since Gaze is a beam chamber...

1. Grip - Gibber ( max beam )
2. Loader - Ramflare ( max status and clip )

https://semlar.com/kitcalc/gaze+gibber+ramflare

• Like 1

Hello ^^

Sorry for taking too long to respond.

Thank you very much for the input, everyone ^^

After reading here and watch the video posted (Youtube - Gaz TTV - Gaze Kitgun Revisited) ....

I think I'll change my Gaze+Haymaker+Killstream → Gaze+Haymaker+Splat (because of damage ramp up mentioned on vid ^^; My current one have 31 FR, I think, thanks to 2x Arcane Velocity .... 31 Mag with 31 FR means I can only see max damage potential for under 0.5 sec ^^;) ..... and I have the riven to buff that part, more than SC.

Using it for damage, when I happened to have 0 Energy on Mesa ..... Maybe I'll use Glaxion should I need status proc ^^;

Thank you again for the time and video recommendation! (^ヮ^)♪

Edited by randomCasualPlayer
typo ><

There's a couple variations for Gaze and all are equally powerful.

Gaze + Haymaker + Splat: indeed highest flat DPS builds given ramping mechanic.
Gaze + Haymaker + Bashrack: an idea Hybrid for Corrosive or Gas builds.
Gaze + Gibber + Bashrack: an efficiency build where trade 25% DPS for double range. Works esp well with Gas thanks to innate Punch-through.

As a side note when it comes to Gaze try not to use Lethal Torrent or any Fire Rate esp if you use Pax Charge. Primed Expel is ideal this will help the weapon a lot with time-spent-firing and the ramping damage mechanic of beam weapons. It also just handles much better given it's fairly small mag size. Precision over Velocity if possible. It seems like less DPS but it's really not.

EDIT: Oh and use Viral + Rad Ignis for Mesa as Utility. Not specifically if you run out of energy. That's a different story. It's very handy for CC which she can lack with a heavy Peacemaker build and also helps her recover from death thanks to the Rad proc. Drops Nullifier bubbles quickly and through walls / cover also when you throw Primed Shred / Shred on it.

Edited by Xzorn

Oh right, I didn't use Lethal Torrent atm (using 165% ele) for more ..... efficiency? More damage per bullet ^^;

Though I do have 2x Velocity for Peacemaker, so, I guess it's kind of a problem ^^;

Complete build was : HornetStrike + 2x90% ele + 165% ele + Barrel + PrimedCracker + PrimedGambit + Riven. Video mentioned Magnum Force, but I'm using VigorousSwap, so, I changed it to 165% ele instead (double swapping Pistol - Rifle - Pistol while waiting for Gaze to reload) ^^;

Ah, right .... I completely forgot about Ignis. Was thinking Glaxion because of Corrosive proc (and looks cooler ^^; ) .....

Thank you again (^ヮ^)

Personally I use Defensive Arcane on Mesa. Her DPS is never really in question.

Like I did this lvl 400 Solo with Grace + Energize. It's an old video. You can see me using Ignis from behind cover to drop bubbles and CC when re-buff.

I also now use Wyrm with it's augment for her since the status immunity every 4s for Bleed is invaluable. Used to have to run Rapid Resilience against Grineer. The Sentinel augment is a decent substitute though she's still weakest against Grineer.

Spoiler

Edited by Xzorn