Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Requiem system is a long-time investment for dedicated players

Jarriaga

It sounds like a reasonable effort if you are in it for the Kuva Liches, their weapons etc. It's a ludicrous grind and difficulty however if you just want to stop the loot stealing from happening and, like, go on with the rest of the game.

11 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Assuming that DE won't allow for Requiem Mods to be traded for plat as it would completely invalidate progress-related requirements (Only tradable for other Requiem mods), hunting and killing your Kuva Lich will require dedication on your end, and you won't be able to just burn through it in a few days. The higher commitment requirements also speak to the possibility of sustained higher difficulty.

The more they show about the system, the more excited I get.

I don't see how spending literal weeks of grinding kuva siphons for relics and having the lich steal your rewards is a good thing. It's just a ton of busywork using existing content to pad out how long it takes to start fighting the kuva lich. They are already dropping random weapons with random strength elemental buffs so it's going to take a long time to get a good gun even if you could just farm the lich itself.

Unless the mods are consumed when you kill the lich the relics are basically worthless once you have the set. If they are consumed then you have to spend most of your time grinding siphon missions.

2 hours ago, 3rdpig said:

I'm looking forward to the challenge of facing the liches as well as the new weapons and the chances for a "mysterious stranger" appearance. So the grinding to get the mods will be bearable...well, unless it's a Harrow Systems or Condition Overload type of grind, then I'll beyotch about it and then end up doing it anyway. 

It's pretty bad. You get 1 guaranteed relic from a flood and a 30% chance for one from siphons. You need all 8 uncommon mods from the 4 relics they can drop to have all the mods so you can play mastermind with the lich.

2 hours ago, Rogunz said:

It's pretty bad. You get 1 guaranteed relic from a flood and a 30% chance for one from siphons. You need all 8 uncommon mods from the 4 relics they can drop to have all the mods so you can play mastermind with the lich.

I thought you get to do additional missions to get more hints for the kill phrase, rather than having to do Mastermind and get the hints from failing to kill the Lich.