Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Requiem system is a long-time investment for dedicated players

Jarriaga

1 - So far, you will only be able to obtain Requiem Relics from Kuva Floods/Siphons, which means you are required to complete The War Within in order to even attempt to get one of these. This level of commitment is beyond pass-by casual players considering most of them are gone by then.

2 - Floods and Siphons are time-gated, so you can't just endlessly farm them non-stop.

3 - There are at least 4 of them, and they have their own common/uncommon/rare rewards and will require void traces for refinement. This means that you may not be able to obtain the correct requiem mods you need to kill your Lich for a long time.

4 - The starting level of Void Requiem Fissures is 70.

Assuming that DE won't allow for Requiem Mods to be traded for plat as it would completely invalidate progress-related requirements (Only tradable for other Requiem mods), hunting and killing your Kuva Lich will require dedication on your end, and you won't be able to just burn through it in a few days. The higher commitment requirements also speak to the possibility of sustained higher difficulty.

The more they show about the system, the more excited I get.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Did I miss something? What is a Requiem Fissure/Mod?

I think we both missed something. Looks like these "requiem" mods are the ones that go on the Parazon, to make the kill phrase for kuva liches.

There's been a very recent spike of information that I've missed, it seems. Where did this information come from??

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

I think we both missed something. Looks like these "requiem" mods are the ones that go on the Parazon, to make the kill phrase for kuva liches.

There's been a very recent spike of information that I've missed, it seems. Where did this information come from??

I guess from yesterdays prime time.

didn't watch it since they will most likely explain the important things in the patchnotes

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Yesterdays primetime, I believe. I haven't watched it myself but I know they turned it into a mini-devstream about The Old Blood and all the systems coming with it. Including stuff like kuva weapons, requiem mods and the parazon.

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Did I miss something? What is a Requiem Fissure/Mod?

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Shown yesterday during Prime Time. That's how you will get Parazon mods, the weapon Exilus adapter, and "Riven traces" you can exchange for a Riven once you get 10.

Starts around the 57 minute mark.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

1 - So far, you will only be able to obtain Requiem Relics from Kuva Floods/Siphons, which means you are required to complete The War Within in order to even attempt to get one of these. This level of commitment is beyond pass-by casual players considering most of them are gone by then.

2 - Floods and Siphons are time-gated, so you can't just endlessly farm them non-stop.

3 - There are at least 4 of them, and they have their own common/uncommon/rare rewards and will require void traces for refinement. This means that you may not be able to obtain the correct requiem mods you need to kill your Lich for a long time.

4 - The starting level of Void Requiem Fissures is 70.

Assuming that DE won't allow for Requiem Mods to be traded for plat as it would completely invalidate progress-related requirements (Only tradable for other Requiem mods), hunting and killing your Kuva Lich will require dedication on your end, and you won't be able to just burn through it in a few days. The higher commitment requirements also speak to the possibility of sustained higher difficulty.

The more they show about the system, the more excited I get.

So are you bashing it or excited about it? I'm kinda hype for it, considering it's HOPEFULLY going to be harder enemies for the fissures.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

Shown yesterday during Prime Time. That's how you will get Parazon mods, the weapon Exilus adapter, and "Riven traces" you can exchange for a Riven once you get 10.

Ah, well I have no issues with the level 70 starting point, but I'm not looking forward to doing Kuva Siphons again...

And despite my distaste for Rivens anything is better than having them only come from sorties.

I think this overhaul of mid-late game combined with reigning in the balance outliers is a good start to getting things on a more reasonable level.

2 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

That makes sense. I usually just read the overview, but prime times don't have those

I'm hoping the requiem mods are entirely untradeable, personal growth and all that, but I imagine they'll probably be tradable

1 minute ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

So are you bashing it or excited about it? I'm kinda hype for it, considering it's HOPEFULLY going to be harder enemies for the fissures.

I am completely hyped about it. I've been asking for something that requires commitment for a while now. Particularly so if it is tied to a higher base difficulty.

1 minute ago, Jarriaga said:

I am completely hyped about it. I've been asking for something that requires commitment for a while now. Particularly so if it is tied to a higher base difficulty.

Ah okay! Had a hard time deciphering is considering it sounded like you were an MR1 that couldn't do em yet lmfao.

Edit: also didn't see that the levels started at 70

Edited by (XB1)razberryX

100 percent drop rate on the floods and a reasonable percent on siphons.  There are several floods every day and as you do siphons more pop up as fast as you complete them.  These things won't be that hard to get.

If you haven't completed the war within then you're really not that invested in the game if you do get invested in the game then you'll complete this quest eventually and you'll have access to the system I don't see a problem here...

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

100 percent drop rate on the floods and a reasonable percent on siphons.  There are several floods every day and as you do siphons more pop up as fast as you complete them.  These things won't be that hard to get.

Not hard, it's just that is is something you can't do non-stop until you burn out.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

If you haven't completed the war within then you're really not that invested in the game if you do get invested in the game then you'll complete this quest eventually and you'll have access to the system I don't see a problem here...

Correct. It's a like a "filter", which I am very much hoping for as it decreases the chances of DE nerfing difficulty due to complaints from casuals. If the system is designed around a certain level of expected player competence, it may keep a higher difficulty. That will make me happy.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

I'm hoping the requiem mods are entirely untradeable, personal growth and all that, but I imagine they'll probably be tradable

So do I. Buying your way to your Lich with plat would cheapen out the system.

Edited by Jarriaga

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Not hard, it's just that is is something you can't do non-stop until you burn out.

Do it flood when you first log on it takes about 5-10 minutes do a flood before you log off.  20 minutes a day and at the end of two weeks you have almost 30 of them... That's not a big investment imo and if you wanted to put it in a bigger push you could probably get 30 or 40+ in a day if you really grinded them out.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Do it flood when you first log on it takes about 5-10 minutes do a flood before you log off.  20 minutes a day and at the end of two weeks you have almost 30 of them... That's not a big investment imo and if you wanted to put it in a bigger push you could probably get 30 or 40+ in a day if you really grinded them out.

You misunderstand me. It is a big time commitment with regards to acquisition vs other relic types you can get around 20-25 per hour instead of throughout a single day. I am not complaining about it, rather, just pointing out that even with your best efforts, the system is designed so you don't burn out too soon, which is good design in my opinion.

I wept with joyful relief the day the Arbitors decided to sell kuva in their shop, I knew I would never, ever, evernever have to do another Kuva mission again...........But was wrong, fml!

Now some here have expressed their thoughts on the tradablity of the new mods and I see their point however, unless I can choose the mod I want/need as a reward then I want to be able to forgo the BS rng and burn out and plat (not pay) someone else for their effort and blessed rng.  

throwing new carrots in a old bucket doesn’t make the bucket new again!

15 minutes ago, kikasnoob said:

unless I can choose the mod I want/need as a reward then I want

Each requiem relic has 2 specific Requiem mods. 4 Relics, 8 mods in total. They also have 1200 Kuva as rewards in case you did not get or don't want the mod.

Edited by Jarriaga

8 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Each requiem relic has 2 specific Requiem mods. 4 Relics, 8 mods in total. They also have 1200 Kuva as rewards in case you did not get or don't want the mod.

With those odds, I'd really prefer untradable mods, for most of the reasons already mentioned. It makes the whole system a bit more difficult in a good way

• Like 2

1.  Since when the war within is  a commitment? They put a lot of stuff beyond that point. Its still casual friendly content.

2.  If its a 100% drop its what 5 per hour max? Another stupid limitations... I dont see how its good. Its bad for everyone. You can play a hour a day, or just weekend and it ll takes you months to get what you want. If you can play as much as you want and its just 20 min of gameplay 40 min of youtube till reset... Eidolon all over again...

3.  Refer to 2...

4. level 70, 100 or 30 are the same.

Progress in this game is a joke, most powerful mods are random drop in mid planets or baro/event waiting room... It ll be traded for plat cause of 2 and 3, a lot of people ll not have the patience for that. DE wants people to spend plat.

And yeah, kuva missions... We are doing that for years... They just recycled content, again... There is no commitment and rewards ll still be either completion or min maxing for the sake of min maxing.

This is so bad in so many ways

Edited by belanya
  • Like 1

Only 8 requiem mods? I don't think those mods are going to be tradable. Even if they go away after each kuva lich encounter. My complaint is getting that once a week riven. We can't decide what type of riven it's going to be. Pray it does have archgun or sentienal riven as a possiblility. We can already buy those two type with other currency. Did I mention we now need a higher riven capacity too?

9 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

DE won't allow for Requiem Mods to be traded for plat as it would completely invalidate progress-related requirements

That's exactly why they will allow them to be traded for plat. The purpose of progress-related requirements in WF and other f2p games with a pay-to-skip business model is to be invalidated by paying money.

Edited by SordidDreams

I'm looking forward to the challenge of facing the liches as well as the new weapons and the chances for a "mysterious stranger" appearance. So the grinding to get the mods will be bearable...well, unless it's a Harrow Systems or Condition Overload type of grind, then I'll beyotch about it and then end up doing it anyway.